Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

becoming a microsoft partner

Options
  • 19-08-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum but i guess programmers would know about this.

im starting up a company soon that will focus on design and development of online applications etc. All the backend stuff will be asp.net and i am wondering if i did a microsoft exam could my company become a partner and get all the required software for free ? (visual studio, word, excel, outlook etc.)

im a c# developer by trade so what exam should i do (i just cant think of the name of the one i have heard before)

thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

it use to be that when you had a minimum of x developers with mcsd's you could apply for partnership. I think x was a figure around 5.

MS website would have all the info you need. I believe partners get software and the ability to display the partnership logo and links on the MS website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I thought you still have to pay for software/msdn though anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Obtain at least two exclusive Microsoft Certified Professionals or at least one tested solution

Earn 50 Qualifying Partner Points

Pay the annual Microsoft Partner Program fee

Pay the enrolement of 1,560 EURO

You receive :

Microsoft Certified Partner Program Toolkit: Your toolkit helps you get started in the program. It includes a membership plaque to display your Certified Partner status, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition with ***N Premium Subscription, TechNet subscriptions, Sales and Marketing Toolkit, Technical Demonstration Toolkit, and more. Plus, you will receive updated resources through regular monthly toolkit shipments.

edit : Your exam would be any from the MCAD range ( although technically it can be any MS exam I believe ), I would do the C# interface development. Probably the easiest for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

grahamor wrote:
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum but i guess programmers would know about this.

im starting up a company soon that will focus on design and development of online applications etc. All the backend stuff will be asp.net and i am wondering if i did a microsoft exam could my company become a partner and get all the required software for free ? (visual studio, word, excel, outlook etc.)

im a c# developer by trade so what exam should i do (i just cant think of the name of the one i have heard before)

thanks for any help

you can get the software for 375us per year for 2 years on the empower programme
    https://partner.microsoft.com/40011351

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I have the company I work for on the partner track. I did the Empower program and got 5 ***N licenses for peanuts. It's definitely worth looking into and very easy to sign up for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

thanks for the empower link, it does seem really good alright.

Advertisement