Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't 11 a bit young?

Options
  • 19-08-2006 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

to expose on these Idol shows. Another Idol spinoff (with David Hasselhoff as one of the judges ... har!) The little wench does have amazing talent ... but to do the whole makeover image thing and build her up at such a young age. I believe the other Idol shows had age restrictions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve8ivyEaoNQ&mode=related&search=

It's incredible that an 11 year old little girl can sing like that though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Oh leave it out. Michael Jackson was a famous entertainer before he was 10, lead on to a hugely successful career and it never did him any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Lirange

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Oh leave it out. Michael Jackson was a famous entertainer before he was 10, lead on to a hugely successful career and it never did him any harm.

Are you sure about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

She reminds me of Britney Spears on Star Search when she was 10, albeit much more talented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsQolkw08g

And look what a mess Britney Spears is nowadays? Children should be kept well away from the spotlight. I was watching this program and a physciatrist was talking about her. She suspects her life is such a distaster at the mo because her mother subconciously forced her into the spotlight. I don't think it's approriate for a little girl to have a career.

Oh, and the thing the guy said about changing her appearance? WTF? You don't tell an incredibly talented little girl she's not good enough because she's too ugly. Ok, that's not *quite* what he said but Jesus, she should be allowed to wear whatever the hell she wants and be comfortable with that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LMAO at the clothes, hair thing, whata prick.
    She has an ureal voice for an 11 year old, seems quite mature for her age too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lirange wrote:
    Are you sure about that?

i'd be willing to bet he was going for sarcasm there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha!!! Piers Morgan and The Hoff judging a talent contest?!?! GTF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mandy2005

the Hoff rocks!! :D

he's an international super-hero (practically)

http://The---Hoff.bebo.com

its all too funny foe me...can't stop laughing at it all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    She reminds me of Britney Spears on Star Search

I just checked the link - OMG Britney has been crap ALL HER DAMNED LIFE!! Who the Hell lumbered us by giving her a contract????

Oh, the original 11 year old diva - she scares me. If fame and adulation didn't depend so much on promoters and merchandisers she might just get through adolescence without a serious drug problem. Either her parents hate her or they love money too much to escape purgatory when they're dead.

God, I hate the child-slave trade more than almost anything else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Children singing leads eventually to the horrible phenomenon of child acting. Child acting is more guaranteed to ruin a movie than Michael Bay.

All children should be children, and children arent famous. Unless they get serial killed or get caught drunk driving with weed in their car. (Hahahahahaha Hailey Joel. It took me 7 years, 7 years.... But I got you in the end you total bastard.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Children singing leads eventually to the horrible phenomenon of child acting. Child acting is more guaranteed to ruin a movie than Michael Bay

Home Alone disproves this theory

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Dont even joke.

Advertisement