Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Wall mounting a Toshiba 32" LCD

Options
  • 19-08-2006 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Couple of months ago I bought a Toshiba 32WL56P set from Dixons and now I want to wall mount it, I though all LCD's came with standard Vesa mount screws on the back, but when I check the back of my set there are 4 screw sockets spaced 610mm x 330mm, but I have not found a bracket to suit it, I was just wondering if anyone on here brought one of these sets and sucessfully wall mounted it, or if someone had a set with non-standard mounting points on their set.

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Snake, can't help, but just a suggestion - maybe you might also put a question linked to this one on the DIY forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi Luckat,

Thanks for the input, but for the moment I want to get inputs from folks with LCD's/Plasmas who might have either this set or some other set with non-standard fittings.

Thanks

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Its not VESA??
    Damn that.
    Are you sure the bracket is a VESA one?
    You could also try a few universal brackets, or if push come to shove, drill your own small 4mm holes in the bracket to allow the screws to be aligned properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Here's a thread I wrote about mounting my Hitachi which wouldn't fit any standard bracket. A lot of work but it's still on the wall:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Looks excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi all,

Finally got sorted went into Power City and they had my tosh in stock so I showed one of the guys the back of the set where the screw holes where and he said it would need a plasma universal mount, he showd me two one fixed mount and the other which tilted, went with the tilt version for €120. Next problem was mounting it on plasterboard wall in bedroom, I knew I would need to screw it into at least two of the battons, I bought a fairly good quality batton detector in woodies and marked out the battons on the wall, problem was the battons where spaced to far apart for the bracket, so I bought some heavy duty wall anchors for plasterboard, I used the provided bolts to hold the left hand side of the bracket to the wall and marked out the 6 positions for the anchors, took the bracket down and drilled the holes for the anchors and screwed them in (watch out as one of them twisted right through the plasterboard). Did this saturday and mounted the TV, but found it was to near the ceiling, so had to refit it yesterday a bit lower and its fine now, just need to repaint and fill one or two holes at the back of it.

It was hard work but it was worth the effort. Just need to get som kind of conduit to hide the wires now

Cheers

Snake ;)

Advertisement