Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun training plus books/manuals

Options
  • 19-08-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I am returning to East Galway after twenty years abroad and intend to join the local gun club. I haven't shot any game since I was a teenager and need training in shotgun handling techniques. Are there any organizations in the west of Ireland that provide training and advice for beginners i.e something like the Foymore Lodge Shooting School http://www.foymorelodge.com/ in the North? Ideally the school would enable the student to try different types of shotgun and suggest the most suitable shotgun/cartridge combinations for game or clays. I definitely want a try before you buy arrangement.

Can anyone recommend books or manuals for beginners?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

There is a fierce shortage of any type of shooting facilities west of the Shannon.Be it gun clubs or shotgun schools.Bar paying thru the nose and trying some place like Dromoland castle or Ashford castle,or enquiring in your local gun shop,there really isnt much at all.

Advertisement