Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hardware drivers

• 19-08-2006 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

hi,
    just installed xp on my hp compaq pc. the hardware is not showing up ie 2 ethernet controllers , multi media graphics controller video and sound......i cant go on the net to auto find them and i have no clue how to find their names .....so i cant doenload em....any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't suppose you have any driver CD that came with the Compaq? Sometimes the Windows XP CD would have the drivers required.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

dont have the cd but my xp cd is not picking them up
    What to do?

Whats the model of your Compaq? You should be able to get the drivers from PC ServiceCall (I think they do support for Compaq).

its a hp compaq d530 cmt?!

Check here and let me know if thats the correct one, if so you should be able to get all the drivers from there.

• Advertisement

yep thats the right one will have a go downloading em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

If you installed xp without a format, they might be still on the drive in a drivers folder

no i formated , still cant find the ethernet controller so i cant get on the net, go the rest of em though

Is it not one of the Broadcom drivers listed under Drivers->Network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It can't be that hard, what's the laptop's model number

• Advertisement

cheers lad go it going

Advertisement