Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal affordable housing help?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Moonbeam wrote:
    As far as I know you will need a regular income for 6 months.

Savings don't matter to much when it comes to getting a mortgage.
    < Would not be my experience as someone who has lent for mortgages for many years:) The Fingal scheme requires proof of an ability to save/or evidence of paying rent to show that the cash flow is already there to service the mortgage, so the ability to save is important>

Remember there are 2 affordable houseing schemes,one of them the affordaable housing initative has no waiting list

.< can u elaborate on how that actually works please for the benefit of the other readers, Thanks>

In terms of the question asked by Gary the Great , apply as the processing time is such that you will have more "cred"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is the affordable housing initative the Flemington houses in balbriggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dublin15

Can anybody who has viewed or gotten an affordable property, tell us what they're like? Do they need much work or are they well finished?? How does the council contact you for viewings??:rolleyes: :confused:

i have viewed 2, an apt and a house.

Both are finished to a high standard in terms of the work but there is no paint/floor covering/ kitch appliances/ lampshades/curtains etc.

In the apt, I noticed that it was all electric, as were all the affordable units in the block, all the rest were gas CH:confused:

The house was the same as the others in the estate. Th back garden was not in bad condition

they write u re viewing and then u fix a time by fone.

Hope this helps

Where was the house you viewed?
    Since i have a family and pets, an apartment wouldn't really suit me but from what I can see there's a lot more apartments than houses being built so I'm interested in anywhere with actual houses! ;)

• Advertisement

The development was in Rush, it was a while ago, access from the old Dublin Road beyond the turn off for the Balleally dump.
    If I can remember the name will edit this later.
    One problem was that the estate was in the hands of a management company:( :( rather than Fingal and as it had a mix of apts and houses it could have been a mess, however the people ahead of us on the list took it so ..

ircoha wrote:
    i have viewed 2, an apt and a house.

Both are finished to a high standard in terms of the work but there is no paint/floor covering/ kitch appliances/ lampshades/curtains etc.

Hope this helps

How long after you were approved did you get your 1st viewing? How long between both offers?:) What was the price range if you dont mind me asking??

dublin15 wrote:
    How long after you were approved did you get your 1st viewing? How long between both offers?:) What was the price range if you dont mind me asking??

About 2 months after approval and about a month apart after that, the second one was May, nothing since.

about 300k gross in both cases so about 150k to buy. maybe 290/145 for the apt and 305/155 for house

Did you just not decide to take them?:rolleyes:

dublin15 wrote:
    Did you just not decide to take them?:rolleyes:

The apt yes, the house one of the people on the list ahead of us took it.:(

• Advertisement

did they say how much of a deposit you'd need?

dublin15 wrote:
    did they say how much of a deposit you'd need?

Am sorry, I dont recall exactly but I thought is was about 9/10k on top of the 2k deposit that FCC required to be in a bank deposit.

As it wasnt "happening" I have forgotten the detail.

If I can find the paperwork will edit:)

We heard that your provisional loan approval amount can increase up to 185K before final approval.:confused: .
    Can anyone confirm that this is true??

Dont know but am very concerned about the apparent slowdown in offering properties, nothing since May.
    It looks to me that they are under political instruction to hold back until nearer the election so I think it time to contact your local politian to see wtf is happening.

Well, as I said already; I've been on the list since FEBRUARY and haven't even VIEWED a property yet. P****d off is right! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

I was listening to the radio last night (Lite FM around midnight) and they were running a story about affordable housing. It was recommending that all first time buyers, if they are eligible, should apply. It stated that there was a stigma associated with "Affordable" housing and that people were confusing it with social housing. The fact that it is refered to as "Social and Affordable Housing" could be the root cause of this.

Anyway, it said that there will be over 1,000 affordable housing becoming available in the next three months. I think the person who was speaking was from the Affordable Housing Partnership.

Really??Thats good.Depends on your place on the list though and how manys on it.Did they say were they were?????/:D

dublin15 wrote:
    Really??Thats good.Depends on your place on the list though and how manys on it.Did they say were they were?????/:D

It didn't mention any locations, but I would expect a high percentage of them to be in Fingal and South Dublin.

Just a matter of waiting then i suppose.Are you on the list long???

the_batman wrote:
    I was listening to the radio last night (Lite FM around midnight) and they were running a story about affordable housing. It was recommending that all first time buyers, if they are eligible, should apply. It stated that there was a stigma associated with "Affordable" housing and that people were confusing it with social housing. The fact that it is refered to as "Social and Affordable Housing" could be the root cause of this.

Anyway, it said that there will be over 1,000 affordable housing becoming available in the next three months. I think the person who was speaking was from the Affordable Housing Partnership.

Is there a link to a web/pod cast?

• Advertisement

dublin15 wrote:
    Just a matter of waiting then i suppose.Are you on the list long???
    I am not on the list. I was in the car with a friend who is on the list. She has been on the list since February / March.

ircoha wrote:
    Is there a link to a web/pod cast?
    I couldn't find one. The lite fm website is under construction. I searched for INN (Independent Network News) but their site is also under construction.

Batman has your friend had even 1 offer yet??

dublin15 wrote:
    Batman has your friend had even 1 offer yet??
    No, no viewings yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

lads there is a few people on http://www.askaboutmoney.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
    who have been offered recenlty in Fingal, so there is Affordable Homes being released regularly!

Drapper wrote:
    lads there is a few people on http://www.askaboutmoney.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
    who have been offered recenlty in Fingal, so there is Affordable Homes being released regularly!

No wishing to rain on anyone's party, havong looked at the link provided it seems to me that there have been a flurry of loan approvals.

As my hearing is not the best, if anyone can shed more light on the thorny issue of offers, as opposed to loan approvals I would be much obliged.

Loan approvals is one thing, being offered a house: Sin sceil eile.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

your loan can only be approved on a house so I reckon anyone with loan approval has a house offer already:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Sometimes Fingal sends out letters to everybody if a scheme is ready to go, even if you've stated it's an area you're not interested in. That probably happened the poster from Blanchardstown: re the place in Balbriggan. Fingal releases schemes regularly but some units are kept for people from the area (very unfair I think) and that may be why you haven't been contacted. It also depends whether you've limited yourself to certain areas. If you're only interested in Howth/Malahide/Sutton you're going to be waiting a long time because most developers would prefer to pay a contribution to the council rather than provide affordable units there. As for the poster who was worried about the private management company, all affordable housing purchasers in private developments (ie almost everything provided for under affordable housing) will have a private management company and Fingal will not be involved. By the way SSIA contributions count towards your savings record. The usual lending criteria is five times your income if you're a single purchaser. The deposit can vary depending on what the council believes is fair. It can be anything between 3 and 5 per cent in cases I saw.

Has anyone been offered any properties in blanchardstown?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

front page irish times should be good news for D15 applicants!

Advertisement