Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal affordable housing help?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

Drapper wrote:
    front page irish times should be good news for D15 applicants!

The 89 houses mentioned in the paper are part of the Affordable Housing Initiative, rather than the Affordable Housing Scheme. They will be based in Tyrellstown, and cost between €220k and €330k. Hardly "affordable"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

They are based in Ongar not Tyrelstown, and seem to be located right beside the town centre, fingal co co said and irish times

Drapper wrote:
    They are based in Ongar not Tyrelstown, and seem to be located right beside the town centre, fingal co co said and irish times

Sorry about that. I read the article in the times this morning, but then a few minutes ago I heard a news story on the radio where it mentioned Tyrellstown and gave the prices. I was a bit surprised by the prices. Seem a little high.

true, but Latchford 3 beds are 445k so 330 aint too bad! but I know what you mean ! AHI tend to be dearer

The first affordable housing initiative I heard of was the one in South Dublin County Council. There were houses and apartments in Citywest, Lucan and Clondalkin. It was related to the land swap at Harcourt Street. The prices were between €140k and €180k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dublin15

Does anybody know if theres anything coming up in Blanch??Whats the average price the apt/houses are selling for??:)

dublin15 wrote:
    Does anybody know if theres anything coming up in Blanch??Whats the average price the apt/houses are selling for??:)

Ongar Vilalge, it was on SJky nes on Thursday. Call Fingal Co Co. it was mentione 227k - 330k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dublin15

We were offered a viewing for a 2 bed apartment in Tyrellstown next week! We only got approved mid August and thought it was very soon! Did anybody else get offered a viewing this soon!!!:)

Just judging by your username, I assume you are living in Dublin 15. There is a local area housing list available. Maybe you were on this list?
    Certain applicants who satisfy the Council that they have been resident in one of the housing areas for a period of not less than 5 consecutive years at time of application may also be eligible to be placed on the relevant Local Area Housing List i.e. Blanchardstown General, Balbriggan General and Swords/Malahide/Howth General. A number of properties are reserved for people on Local Area Lists. This allocation of properties allows for people who are or have been resident in a particular area to purchase a property close to family/friends, thereby retaining a community ethos to the area. At the expiry of 12 months applicants can apply to have their Provisional Approval extended for a further 12 months.

Advertisement