Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP emulators PS1 & N64?

• 19-08-2006 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I remember reading that the psp would never be able to emulate the PS1 or N64. Then I stumbled across a site a few months and a N64 emulator was at a very primitive stage. Whats the latest on the N64 emulator, and is there any word on a PS1 emulator?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Latest I've seen is the N64 one is running SM64 at a decent speed and MK64 was playable but glitchy.

Sony is working on a PS1 emulator and I haven't heard anything about the unofficial PS1 emu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Sony is working on a PS1 emulator and I haven't heard anything about the unofficial PS1 emu.

Its not an emulator in the traditional sense like snes9x or DGen. Its just porting the old games verbatim to the psp. As far as i was aware this is how sony are doing it. Its just a way to make people buy games that were good 6+ years ago AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

4Xcut wrote:
    Its not an emulator in the traditional sense like snes9x or DGen. Its just porting the old games verbatim to the psp. As far as i was aware this is how sony are doing it. Its just a way to make people buy games that were good 6+ years ago AGAIN.

theres people working on the N64 and PS1 emulators as we speak and they jave just realesed a proper working version of the GBA which is good news. thing is you need a 1.5 to run it

Advertisement