Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IkkTousen

Options
  • 19-08-2006 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

*IkkiTousen (soz)

I just got a copy of this from a mate of mine, really enjoying it, good action very funny

So i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get dvd's of this series? (in Dublin)

Had a look in FP, nothing there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Dunno where you'd find em in Dublin but play.com have the 4 volumes in stock at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

cool, might try them out, got volume one in Tower records today...they dotn have the other volumes though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Try the HMV on Grafton street. They usually have one or two of the volumes in there :rolleyes:

Best bet is to check everytime your wandering down that way since they dont seem to keep a stock of anime. There is always a few volumes from random anime missing :( Making it a pain to get the full series of anything

yeah, its a pain cause i saw at least 1 copt of each one in Tower the other day, but they were all gone when i got back a few days later.

i asked, and they said they'd be ordering in a few copies. so fingers crossed.

tis a really good anime. lovin it so far.

Enjoyed the first 3. Just waiting on Vol 4 to be delivered.

Out of interest, how much were Tower charging for them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

Whenever I'm in Tower (beside BT) have a couple of volumes but their anime prices can change sporadically. I collected a series @ 15 euro a dvd but they swopped the prices to the original 30+ euro whenever they had a new delivery of stock.

Btw, Tokyopop are publishing um, I think "Battle Club" is the name. It's by the same author so you expect more of the same overall

Spoderman wrote:
    Enjoyed the first 3. Just waiting on Vol 4 to be delivered.

Out of interest, how much were Tower charging for them?

like eva said Tower seem to change prices a lot, my mate got vol.1 for 19.99, few days later same dvd 29.99, although in Easons Tower, its 19.99, wierd pricing they have tbh.

Same as Limerick then. Given up on buying in shops, too much of a rip off.

To put it in context, I just got

Complete Berserk Series
    Complete Full Metal Panic series
    Complete Requiem From The Darkness series

for £40 on ebay, about €60 including shipping

Think I'll stick with shopping online.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

All totally legitimate copies of course, massively discounted.

I admire you for being able to correctly identify the few non-bootleg boxsets on ebay.

Meh, even the ones on play.com are heavily discounted compared to HMV & Tower etc so I ain't going to lose sleep over what I did or didn't pay.

And just because they're on ebay doesn't mean it's automatically a bootleg (as I'm sure you're well aware). I've picked up quite a bit of stuff from there at lower prices that have been perfectly legitimate.

But this argument could carry on for months so I'll accept the possibility of getting stung for this stuff and we'll leave it at that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

hey im only new to this
    i love battle vixens,i even have Shimei tattoed on my right ribs and im getting hakafu on my left! ha ha.im up on eight in the manga and waiting to find nine!
    i have all the anime of battle vixens, i even got the collection box in tower.hmv never have it only forbidden plannet and tower do!
    ill be honest though, the ainme is nowhere near as good as the manga but it is still worth having.

if you like battle vixens i reckon youll be intrested in battle club as i am!
    its the same creators but i cant find it anywhere!
    if anyone does find it give me a shout!

p.s. i love booby bombs!

Spoderman wrote:
    And just because they're on ebay doesn't mean it's automatically a bootleg (as I'm sure you're well aware). I've picked up quite a bit of stuff from there at lower prices that have been perfectly legitimate.

But this argument could carry on for months so I'll accept the possibility of getting stung for this stuff and we'll leave it at that :)

Its too hard to verify that the ebay auctions are legit or not (its not easy to tell the difference in the first place). The only way to know if its a bootleg or not is to compare it with a legitimate product from the specified regions.

Perhaps ebay rating counts for something still, but ebay anime buyers typically aren't fussy about the source of their anime in general.

Anyway, post link ans I will tell you if the stuff is legit or not.

Removing links as I think they may breach the anti-bootleg rules and such :)

Ebay shop was called animeniacs_uk

Spoderman wrote:
    Removing links as I think they may breach the anti-bootleg rules and such :)

Ebay shop was called animeniacs_uk

It was an ebay *shop* selling boxsets? In the UK?
    Bootlegs guaranteed. They can't source the anime cheaper than say otaku or up1 do.

The only possible source of legit copies on ebay is people selling on unwanted purchases.

Advertisement