Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and broadband problems

• 19-08-2006 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hey I was just wondering if someone can explain this to me. I live in a remote area and we have no broadband at all, no wireless etc... I have called them all. I can only get sattalite for a crazy price so its a no no.

I thought I would keep testing my line to see if I can get it and then had the idea of checking my neighbours number just for curiosity. I was amazed to see that my next door neighbour on the same pole as me can get it and I cant !!! The houses either side of mine and his cant get it !!! Now his line was the most recent to be installed about 4 years ago so is it the cable from the pole to the house that is a problem????

I have ordered another line to be installed next week and have told them its for broadband and when the engineer comes I will also impress upon him that I want broadband also. If he says I cant get it I will refer him to a print out of next doors line test!!!

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this kind of thing ???? We are on the same poles so it must be the cable from the pole to the house!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Heard of that happening alright....Not sure why....could be just badly inputted data. If your line fails, you could get BB on your neighbours line and share it with them as long as its a business line. If yer game for a bit of building of wireless kit, you'll be up and going in no time. Have a look in here http://www.irishwan.com

Dave_W

Advertisement