Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da-Vinci Haus - Turnkey Modern Housing

Options
  • 19-08-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi All ,
    Drove past the Da-Vinci showhouse in Waterford today couldnt see it too well from the road also we didn't have an appointment to see it either ( But will be booking on soon once I have the time ). I must say it looked pretty impressive and modern also according to their website they take care of everything from planning right through to decorating and furnishing .

My question is has anybody visited the show house and what was their opinion and if so what were there prices like ( I seen €165 per sq/ft mentioned on the customer feedback on their site ) but this seems fairly cheap for whats up for offer !!.

As for now I'll just have to wait and arrange that viewing appointment and look at a few other options before I decide which building route i'll be taking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maud

That seems like the same as what Viking House is offering @125 Euros/m2.
    At least thats what he told me http://www.viking-house.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Have a look at this other site....German company, Huf. http://www.huf-haus.de/en/

I saw a program on TV a few months back about them where they showed construction from start to finish on a house in the UK and did a plant visit in Germany. Very impressive also.

It seems to be similar type of build.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I mentioned this before on another thread but it's worth mentioning again..

My parents-in-law lived in a Huh haus in Germany for 9 years and whilst they may appear to be a beautiful design statement, they are designed for astetics and not practicality. All those exposed glulam beams inside are a real dust trap. And your local window cleaner will be a happy man!

If your priority is to make a statment to the outside world fine, but if you want a practical, low maintenance house then look elsewhere.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Do-more wrote:
    I mentioned this before on another thread but it's worth mentioning again..

My parents-in-law lived in a Huh haus in Germany for 9 years and whilst they may appear to be a beautiful design statement, they are designed for astetics and not practicality. All those exposed glulam beams inside are a real dust trap. And your local window cleaner will be a happy man!

If your priority is to make a statment to the outside world fine, but if you want a practical, low maintenance house then look elsewhere.
    The couple on this show were just getting into retirement and the presenter mentioned the window cleaning to them and they said they had a guy who would do it for them.......I'd rather a log cabin to one of these houses anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Do-more wrote:
    whilst they may appear to be a beautiful design statement, they are designed for astetics and not practicality. All those exposed glulam beams inside are a real dust trap. And your local window cleaner will be a happy man!

I was more or less thinking the same thing after I wrote this posrt yesterday , I stongly doubt these houses are practical at at and totally forget it if you havent even started a family like myself !.

Doubt ill think much more along the lines of one of these houses , think ill be just waiting to see the exhibitors at the unpcoming Sustainable and Self build shows next month for a few ideas more along the likes of what scan-home and viking house may have to offer .

• Advertisement
Advertisement