Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Thread (56K WARNING) large images inside

Options
  • 19-08-2006 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Just thought i'd start a thread where people can post images of their collections they have built up over the years..
    Heres mine. I have more somewhere and roughly the same amount of 2000AD ill get around to taking photos of at somestage.

GN.JPG

singles.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

My studio is a bit of mess but here we go from the top
    shelftop.jpg
    bad photoshop past job of the top shelf - mixture of graphic novels, art books and reference books.

jimbo.jpg
    gary's jimbo book that doesn't fit on any shelf, damn him.

pileocomics2.jpg
    second shelf

pileocomics1.jpg
    more of the second shelf

manga.jpg
    third and fourth shelves
    yes most of the manga is shoujo, I am a girl come on!

minicomics.jpg
    pile of comics from this years MoCCA.

boxes.jpg
    I actually put the rest of my comics away neatly, of course these are now full and the comics are once more taking over my coffee table.

This is pretty much the past 4-ish years, everything else went into storage when i moved aboard, there's about 20 odd boxes of just comics in my parents attic, and god knows how many graphic novels in my old room. I try not to think about it cus someday soon I will have to go get them and will have no room to work or even live in my flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

comicsby2.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

look at yiz with yer fancy comic boxes! i prefer my beer cases personally! Whats that marshall thing?

bombidol wrote:
    look at yiz with yer fancy comic boxes! i prefer my beer cases personally! Whats that marshall thing?

hey all the comics in my parents attic are in those big neon plastic things you get at argos for putting kids toys into cept i robbed mine from a creche:p

i store all my 2000ad's in the clear plastic versions of those yokes. used to get them in woodies for a fiver a pop. deadly things they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

bombidol wrote:

It's an amp. All my music gear, and my comics etc all sit together in 1 room.
    That doesn't even show any of the models. There's about 3 2ftx2ftx2ft boxes full of em.

Cool, nice amp? I've got boxes and bags and bags and bags of models. i literally have no where to put em. Sometimes i feel like the prerequisite for being a nerd is having a huge gaff with rooms soley for displaying geek stuff

I think what sickens me and probably the rest of you is that we look at these pictures and realise that thats not all of our collection. Only when you look at em in picture form i think do you get an idea about how much you actually have. I mean im looking at my pictures going "where the hell are all my other batman knightfall/knightsend/etc books and my Watchmen and my etc etc etc. Then im lookin at the singles goin... Hmmm i know i have more than that I must look in the attic.

I've actually been toying with the idea of some sort of Comic database for us here in the comic forum for boards. where we could catalog our comics and maybe loan them out to each other. If anyone was interest. We could mail Graphic novels and single issue story arcs to each other etc to share the wealth. cause in fairness between us all we have a serious library of books.

bombidol wrote:
    I think what sickens me and probably the rest of you is that we look at these pictures and realise that thats not all of our collection.

I'm not so much sickened as scared cus i know thats a very small selection of my comics, and of course, come new comic day every week it gets that little bit bigger. Where the hell am i going to put everything? My mum wants the comics out of her attic but what you don't see in the images is the hundreds of books [as in paperback novels] and thousands of DVD's that take up the sitting room, soon there will be no room for me!!!!!! My clothes sit on my bedroom floor cus my wardrobe is full of silkscreen and etching supplies, man thats sad.
    I've actually been toying with the idea of some sort of Comic database for us here in the comic forum for boards. where we could catalog our comics and maybe loan them out to each other. If anyone was interest. We could mail Graphic novels and single issue story arcs to each other etc to share the wealth. cause in fairness between us all we have a serious library of books.

interesting idea, thou the thought of cataloging my comics just made my head hurt - alot. I've a good number of graphic novels that were gifts and are signed so wouldn't be to keen on letting them out of my sight but if this comic jam night becomes semi regular maybe people can bring along stuff and we can trade stuff and anything people are too attached to can be looked at there and then given back. Ah rambling again, did that make sense, stuff makes sense in my head but not always when i write :p

Advertisement