Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books (Applied Maths + Chemistry)

Options
  • 19-08-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭

Could somebody give me the names of good Leaving Cert Applied Maths and Chemistry books?.Thanks much. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

'Chemistry Live' is the best out of a bad bunch of chemistry books. Applied Maths I'm not sure of but it has a brown cover.

Gangsta wrote:
    Applied Maths I'm not sure of but it has a brown cover.

...as it will have forever amen.

Assuming it hasn't changed (and it hadn't in c.20 years when I did the leaving in 2002), the book for Applied Maths is 'Fundamental Applied Mathematics.'

Myth wrote:
    ...as it will have forever amen.

Assuming it hasn't changed (and it hadn't in c.20 years when I did the leaving in 2002), the book for Applied Maths is 'Fundamental Applied Mathematics.'
    that's the one! I knew it started with an 'f' and was thinkin 'foundation' but obviously it couldn't be that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

"Fundamental Applied Mathematics" by Oliver Murphy is a KICKASS book. What with the pseudo-intellectual comments at the start of each chapter, the "Imagine you ARE the fly..." scenarios and what have you, a relic that has stood the test of time! Other than the fact that the examples he gives are faaar easier than actual LC questions... :-) Anyhoo, yes that is the name (and my two cents)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

personally I'd recondend "understanding chemistry" and I'd also get the less stress more success chemistry book because it does all the theory for the experiments really well.

• Advertisement

happydance wrote:
    personally I'd recondend "understanding chemistry" and I'd also get the less stress more success chemistry book because it does all the theory for the experiments really well.
    never got that one but rapid revision was really gud. BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF THE COURSE. DO NOT STUDY FIRST TIME FROM IT! That should probably go for every REVISION book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Thanks for the help. I'm off to order Chemistry Live and Fundamental Applied Maths. But first of all...

30 EFFIN' EURO FOR A BOOK?!

I guess I'll have to do without food this Christmas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 westhammer

Understanding Chemistry is way better than Chemistry Live but a bit late now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

westhammer wrote:
    Understanding Chemistry is way better than Chemistry Live but a bit late now!

Not ordered just yet. Won't able to pick up a 3V voucher until tomorrow. So that's 2-1 for Understanding Chemistry? Hmm... I guess I'll go for that so. Mind you it's a euro more expensive. :o Stingy, I know. :rolleyes:

Is this the same book? I'm not sure because it says A-Level as opposed to Leaving cert...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/UNDERSTANDING-CHEMISTRY-FOR-ADVANCED-LEVEL_W0QQitemZ140022738592QQihZ004QQcategoryZ64729QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No thats the wrong one, its a white book

• Advertisement

Thats the wrong book, you need the white one as the A Level one will have way more than needed

why don't you just get them from a bookshop?

Advertisement