Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Landcruiser

Options
  • 19-08-2006 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi everyone i bought a Toyota land cruiser a while back and there seems to
    be a delay in the throttle response when you floor the thing it takes a bit for it to respond I'm just wondering do anyone have this same problem i brought it back to he garage and they couldn't find anything wrong it an intermittent
    thing i would be grateful for any info.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

stoned wrote:
    hi everyone i bought a Toyota land cruiser a while back and there seems to
    be a delay in the throttle response when you floor the thing it takes a bit for it to respond I'm just wondering do anyone have this same problem i brought it back to he garage and they couldn't find anything wrong it an intermittent
    thing i would be grateful for any info.thanks

Is it automatic? If so, that would be normal in my experience (i.e. a second maybe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stoned

Is it automatic? If so, that would be normal in my experience (i.e. a second maybe).

no its manual

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I presume the garage checked it, but a dodgy throttle potentiometer (the little switch the accelerator pedal is connected to that sends a signal to the ECU) might cause those symptoms.

Does it happen at all revs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stoned

maidhc wrote:
    I presume the garage checked it, but a dodgy throttle potentiometer (the little switch the accelerator pedal is connected to that sends a signal to the ECU) might cause those symptoms.

mostly on take off on first gear and some days you can drive away and its
    perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

maidhc wrote:

Basicaly what maidhc said. Is it a new vehicle still under warranty? The problem or pain in the ass with vehicles such as yours these days is the amount of speed sensors on them, never mind the rest. There is most likely one actually on the throttle pedal, never mind the gear box somewhere and lord knows where else. I have seen a similar problem before on another franchise bar what was happening was that at about 40 some times when you hit the throttle is didn't respond from time to time. The fix was replacing the throttle pedal and all that required was a non dogey throttle pedal (I believe a bad batch were fitted on the production line of about 1500 vehicles or which about 90 came to ireland)

As it is an intermitant problem your best bet is to hand it over to the garage (if still under warranty) and let one of the techies drive it for a few days with the Diagnostic tool hooked up to it. With a bit of luck they might catch the fault and the diagnostic tool will pin point the problem.

But.... it is worth asking the thechies to possibly check with the distributor to see if they have come across it before. Tell them you heard it was a known minor issue and there was a simple fix for it. You would be surprised at how much minor information on faults such as yours is collated at the distributor level. A phone call might result in a "yeah change the x sensor and recalibrate the ECU" or the likes.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the new D-4D should be very responsive, the older pre D-4D (2000)Turbo engines aren't as responsive

Advertisement