Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling a bit crap!

• 19-08-2006 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Just having a pretty bad summer, most of the time I'm happy but I just feel particularly pissed off tonight.

My girlfriend has had a pretty horrific summer as well, her sister died earlier in the summer, I sometimes feel like she takes stuff out on me. She gets angry with me for no reason, I usually just end up keeping my mouth shut and let it pass, most of the time she apologises afterwards but some of the things that she says when she is angry are very hurtful. I can't imagine what she must be going through but it gets hard to deal with sometimes and I feel like I have to suppress any problems that I have because it's not fair to talk to her about them right now.

Tonight, I had arranged to go out with my 3 best friends as kind of a lads night out, I was really looking forward to it, a chance to forget about things for a while and have a few laughs. Anyway 15 minutes before I head out I realised that I couldn't find my passport anywhere, I searched the house up and down but to no avail. I haven't got a Garda ID or drivers licence. I could have tried to get in without ID but I'm only 19 and pretty much everywhere asks for ID's nowerdays.

I just feel pissed off and a bit down at the moment. I'm not the kind of guy that gets depressed or anything like that, but I'm stuck at home now and I'd do anything to let off a bit of steam with the lads. Just feels like the world is pissing on me a bit at the moment and I could have done with the night out. I don't know when we're all gonna be able to go out again because we're rarely all around at the same time.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, I'd just appreciate a bit of a pep talk if you know what I mean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah don't let it bother you too much OP. These things happen, we all get depressed from time to time even though we don't like to admit it. Also don't be afraid to stand up to your girlfriend (I know she has had a hard time but there is only so much you can do regarding this) Be there for her as much as you can too, she is still hurting I'm sure. There will be plenty of time for a night out with the lads another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cute_Button

Hey, don't get too down.
    It sounds like both you and your other half could probably do with a break away from it all- you've had a tough time. Your girlfriend probably relies on you a lot more than she consciously lets on- and you may bear the brunt of her stress from time to time- try to be there for her.

Its a bitch misplacing your passport alright. If you can't go out- hope you make do and have a reasonable night in. You don't have to go down to the pub to let your hair down!

Hang on in there- times may be stressful, things always do get better though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

johnsmith wrote:
    My girlfriend has had a pretty horrific summer as well, her sister died earlier in the summer, I sometimes feel like she takes stuff out on me. She gets angry with me for no reason, I usually just end up keeping my mouth shut and let it pass, most of the time she apologises afterwards but some of the things that she says when she is angry are very hurtful. I can't imagine what she must be going through but it gets hard to deal with sometimes and I feel like I have to suppress any problems that I have because it's not fair to talk to her about them right now.

Relationships are a pain sometimes. I pop off about my troubles to my better half, and they just sit there and take it. But it needs to be a two way street, and you need her to be there for you, too. So share your feelings with her about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭lau1247

johnsmith wrote:
    I could have tried to get in without ID but I'm only 19 and pretty much everywhere asks for ID's nowerdays.

wear proper leather shoe.. and a suit like coat..
    I hardly get checked..
    hope it work for ya..

and oh ya.. don't be sad about that.. there are plenty other things that could be worse.. gud luck

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭greenteaicedtea

lau1247 wrote:
    I hardly get checked..

It depends on your facial structure, and how you carry yourself too. I got carded well into my 20s, and people still guess my age wrong all the time. I dress nicely and I have some grey creeping into my hair, but people seem to ignore that and assume I'm younger still.

And OP: things always kind of get better over time, either circumstances change, or your perspective does, hang in there, and things will seem better eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

lau1247 wrote:
    I hardly get checked..
    hope it work for ya..

and oh ya.. don't be sad about that.. there are plenty other things that could be worse.. gud luck
    You can get away with that in some pubs, but in other places they ask everyone for ID unless you look like your 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 johnsmith

They seem to always check in the more popular places in town. I'm in Tralee for half the year and only once did I get asked for ID. It's different in Cork though.

In Cork City, they always seem to ask unless you're a regular (or look over 30 as daveyjoe said).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 johnsmith

Anyway, I decided to put on a bath for myself last night (on Cute_Button's suggestion) and I randomly threw a few of my mums Aromatherapy oils in. Felt better after that.

I know it's not some kind of disaster or anything but I just felt like things were piling up on me and I *needed* that night out.

Definitely gonna scrape the pennies together and organise a trip for myself and the girlfriend. Any suggestions for a Relatively inexpensive weekend away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

johnsmith wrote:
    Just having a pretty bad summer, most of the time I'm happy but I just feel particularly pissed off tonight.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, I'd just appreciate a bit of a pep talk if you know what I mean.

The earlier comments have dealt with the ID issue which is IMO, not the reason you posted.
    Bereavment is a very tough station and I think u have done a good job so far with the gf. keep it up and by that I mean keep the lines of communication open.
    She need to grieve and here reaction is common enough, take it out on the people closest to u and who will "take" it.

Time and understanding and TLC will cure it, however you may looking to some bereavement counselling, google or search this site for other posts on web refs.

cant help re cheap weekend away

Advertisement