Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lock Jammed

Options
  • 19-08-2006 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Evening,

Bringing in the cars tonight and the arosa was in first and my mams siginificant other was driving it, anyway he went to lock it and he got the key jammed, and i took off the door swab (panel) and couldnt manage to get it open then i got the key out of the lock but now the key just spins in the lock and it still wont open, i know the layout of the lock but the only way i can get at getting the lock out is by the side of the door, which i cant get to because the door wont open! anyother ideas on how to solve this problem?

Also i know i'll have to get a new lock for the door but wondering will i have to get a whole new lock set (i.e ignition and locks all round)? i know that some keys are chipped, but afaik these are'nt, the car dosent have c/l!

So will they sell these seprarte??

Many thanks

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Volvoboy wrote:
    i know the layout of the lock but the only way i can get at getting the lock out is by the side of the door, which i cant get to because the door wont open! anyother ideas on how to solve this problem?

Open the door from the inside? The arosa hardly has deadlocks if it doesn't have c/l?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Who would steal an arosa anyway- leave it open! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

From memory, there is a small lever that comes loose and falls off on VW group cars of a certain vintage. Check in the bottom of the door after you remove the panel. Its a long time since I've come across this problem and it may not be relavant to your model - but worth checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

The wire that goes to the handle and lock wont open it

jimmycrackcorm- please dont waste my time with such stupid non helpful posts, that wasnt funny either, little scumbags would steal the car for the sake of stealing, YOU TIME WASTER.

Anywho,
    crosstownk- Thank you for that i'll give it a try.

-VB-

Advertisement