Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loose weight in a week? Can it be done?

• 20-08-2006 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

Feelin really nervous about my photoshoot on thursday. It's a set of about 100 or so photos full body starting out clothed ending nakes. And I'm worried I'll look awful, body wise. I'm 5'4 and I'm about 9.5 stone. Im not massive. I'm curvy, but has anyone any tips on how I could lloose a bit of weight? Or even boost my confidence a bit?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're beautiful. You don't need to lose weight.

You could not look awful.

Enjoy your photoshoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Exactly what Spurious said. Don't lose sight of the fact you have a trim body and a healthy weight over a photo-shoot.

Best of luck with it btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Don't do a thing, Fantasy Suicide. A woman who is confident about her body, no matter what way it looks, is incredibly sexy. That will shine through in your pictures if you just RELAX. :)

And have fun with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    A woman who is confident about her body, no matter what way it looks, is incredibly sexy. That will shine through in your pictures if you just RELAX. :)
    Quoted for truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

There's no healthy way of losing weight in a week, and it's much better to be healthy than thin. Thin isn't always that attractive anway. Confidence in, and acceptence of, yourself is always attractive. Relax, and remember to smile :)

Have fun ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The best way (ie quickest for short term gains) to lose weight is to simply stop eating.
    I lost about a stone in 2 weeks from eating very little when I was sick for those two weeks. I had no appetite.
    I don't diet or exercise though, so can't help you with that.

Oh, by the way, you're about the same height and weight as me, and I certainly wouldn't think of myself as heavy and no one else that I know of does either. Looking from your pics on your MySpace, you look great weight wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pythia wrote:
    The best way (ie quickest for short term gains) to lose weight is to simply stop eating.
    I lost about a stone in 2 weeks from eating very little when I was sick for those two weeks. I had no appetite.

umm...yes,that'd probably do the trick alright but is not a healthy way of doing it, the acids in your stomach will start eating at your stomach walls for a start and it only gets worse(if you're not eating for long periods).

OP: Ask here on the Fitness forum, they'll give you a healthy way of toning up a bit for your shoot I would imagine.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    A woman who is confident about her body, no matter what way it looks, is incredibly sexy
    Maybe to you, or other women, she is but to men...I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Pythia wrote:
    I don't diet or exercise though, so can't help you with that.

And you will lose a lot of muscle weight meaning you'll only put on weight quicker when you start eating again, you'll probably end up heavier then before because you're metabolism will have slowed down drastically.

Not to mention its plain unhealthy.
    Don't do a thing, Fantasy Suicide. A woman who is confident about her body, no matter what way it looks, is incredibly sexy. That will shine through in your pictures if you just RELAX.

I'm sure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Awwww, you guys! Sweet! Thanks, I'm gonna just go with the flow on this one... Thanks SO much for all the support!
    xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

No problem Fantasy, have a great time, and post pictures on the Know Your Nerds thread once you have them, I'd love to see them as many other would too, I'm sure. Ones that are reasonably conservative, that is! ;)

• Advertisement

Awww, I wish I could, but under the Suicide Girls regulations I cannot post anything up until the sets been accepted. :( then I can post three as previews I think. If it doesn't get accepted I'll post a few up anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm probably going to regret asking this but, who or what are the Suicide Girls and why do you have to send them photos of yourself naked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I'm probably going to regret asking this but, who or what are the Suicide Girls and why do you have to send them photos of yourself naked?

Shame on you Jeff, Shame on you. Google suicidegirls, or go to www.suicidegirls.com (Once your out of work of course!). Hot, naked, goths; to put it simply!

Congratz OP, best of luck. You don't need to lose any weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Class, really like the Suicide Girls! When will you know if you get acceppted?

Best of Luck with it!

I've passed stage one. I'll know by october, hopefully. Fingers crossed, lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Didn't think your shoot was until today. Congratulations anyway, best of luck, be sure to PM me the details whatever the outcome :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

From you myspace pictures, you certainly don't need to loose weight.

You're beautiful and sexy with a great figure - Enjoy the photoshoot :)

Advertisement