Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone unlimited data

• 20-08-2006 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi i am thinking of getting the vodafone pc datacard on the unlimited data package for €49 per month..

has anyone already got one on this tarrif? how do you find it? is the connection speed steady or jumpy..... do vodafone enforce the 5gb monthly limit?

any problems or niggly issues with it?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

search this site for other posts on this.
    Read the small print V carefullly re unlimited- I doubt it, and also there is usually a "normal usage" clause

IMHO, there is no such thing as a free lunch especially with vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

EIN wrote:
    hi i am thinking of getting the vodafone pc datacard on the unlimited data package for €49 per month..

has anyone already got one on this tarrif? how do you find it? is the connection speed steady or jumpy..... do vodafone enforce the 5gb monthly limit?

any problems or niggly issues with it?

cheers

Have had a 3g card for awhile, switched to 'unlimited' tarrif and saving me a fortune! Haven't hit 5g yet, but might as with 3g can watch my slingbox on my pocket pc now :-)

If you are in good 3g coverage area speed seems consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

guys were does it state theres a 5gb allowance?? i have been informed its an "all u cant eat" allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

guys were does it state theres a 5gb allowance?? i have been informed its an "all u cant eat" allowance.
    According to their T&C:
    3. Vodafone operates a Fair Usage Policy. It is important to Vodafone that all eligible Customers are able to access our services. Accordingly, we have devised a fair use policy which applies to Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff. Vodafone may rely on this fair use policy where a Customer's usage of the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff is excessive or unreasonable as detailed in this paragraph. Vodafone has developed the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff by reference to average customer profiles and estimated customer usage of the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff. If, at the absolute discretion of Vodafone, Vodafone is of the opinion, that a Customer's usage of the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff materially exceeds these estimated use pattern over any month, Vodafone may contact the Customer to advise that usage exceeds its fair use policy. If the excessive usage continues after receipt of a request to desist from or alter the nature of such usage, Vodafone reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of the usage at the standard rate or to suspend, at its absolute discretion, modify or restrict use of the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff or to withdraw access to the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff.

Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff generally or from any particular Customer at any time and to vary or amend any element of the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff at any time without further notice. These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by Vodafone for any valid commercial technical or operational reason.
    In short, if VF - by their means of assessment - decides that you're using too much bandwidth, they can cut you off (after a warning, apparantly). Whether this means 1 GB or 5GB or 1TB is entirely up to how thy define fair usage.

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=9705305

It's also in the info they send their dealers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

skearon wrote:
    Have had a 3g card for awhile, switched to 'unlimited' tarrif and saving me a fortune! Haven't hit 5g yet, but might as with 3g can watch my slingbox on my pocket pc now :-)

If you are in good 3g coverage area speed seems consistent.

hi there are your bills consistantly 49 euros as vodafone say? for unlimited data.. also can you access the vodafone.ie website to send free webtexts using your data card or do you have to use the sms application that vodafone provide?

thanks a mil

EIN wrote:
    hi there are your bills consistantly 49 euros as vodafone say? for unlimited data.. also can you access the vodafone.ie website to send free webtexts using your data card or do you have to use the sms application that vodafone provide?

thanks a mil

So far yes, and have it registered on the web site for free 300 web texts, also you can send/receive via the vodafone connect card's software

I actually use the SIM in my iMate Jasjar (XDA Exec)

Advertisement