Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam Predictions

• 20-08-2006 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena- cena, i see this fued lasting until unforgiven, although i'm quite enjoying it actually.
    World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. Batista- since the last thing i want is batista to win the title soo soon after coming back (hurts me to say this) i think booker should keep the title, so i believe it will end in a DQ match. with sharmell interfering in the match.
    D-Generation X vs. The McMahons- the mcmahon domination must end. so i'm going with DX
    Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton- i dont know actually, i think hogan, cause to be honest orton is still being punished by the wwe and they'll probably stick him back down in the mid-card section for a while ether that or head straight into the triple h vs orton fued. now that would be sweet.
    Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair ("I Quit" Match) i dont know actually, but it should be a blood bath
    Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero- this match has officially upset me, i watched the eddie videos on smackdown and it broke my heart. :cry: i dont really care, although i would love if chavo won
    ECW World Champion Big Show vs. Sabu- again i dont really care

predictions folks and whose buying it. btw hey every body:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Cena v Edge
    I think it will go last. Its in Boston, Cena's hometown. So will go with him, with Lita costing Edge the match.

Mick Foley v Ric Flair
    The only reason I bought the ppv is for this match. Flair will win because I see them trying to recreate the Flair, Funk "I quit " match 17 years ago. I don't think they'll be able to do quite get to that level but I think it could still be special. I hope the crowd get into it.

Batista v Booker
    Its too early for Booker to lose.

Rey v Chavo
    I could n't care less. Nobody wins with this crap. Not the people involved in the storyline or the people at home watching it.

Sabu v Big Show
    Big Show.

Hogan v Orton
    The storyline to this could have been so much more but who wins this is intriguing. In the end Hogan will decide but I think it might beneift him if he lost and set up a rematch down the line at Wrestlemania. He'll have the execuse of the knee so that'll protect him. I'll go with Orton.

DX v McMahons
    I expect a run in from Umaga and hell if there not facing the Highlanders on Heat maybe the Spirit Squad too. DX to win but I don't really care.

This made me laugh in Meltzers preview of Summerslam:

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley in an I Quit match - This one is funny, because I could see these two almost getting into it in the dressing room over the finish. Seriously. Both will want to lose. Flair feels his role is to lose because he's unkillable, and Foley, no matter how the interviews go, thinks so highly of Flair as a performer (he was live at a Flair-Steamboat match in 1984 and he thought, at the time, it blew away any WWF match he'd ever seen) and that Flair is the bigger star that he'd want to put Flair over. Since Foley is the one with creative control on this finish, even in an I Quit situation, I think that means he's going to win out by losing. This is going to be a bloodbath and I actually believe it'll steal the show because Foley will have to construct something pretty outrageous to quit. This match and the Hogan match are clearly the two real main events on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i am not even going to buy this from sky box office, waste of money.
    cena will win----even though i picked edge in my fantasy team. but i had to take a chance.
    ric flair will win.
    batista will win
    i hope chavo wins.
    big show will win
    ortan will win
    DX will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Cena v Edge
    This one has to end with edge gettin disqualified.

Mick Foley v Ric Flair
    Foley

Batista v Booker
    Booker will retain. DQ more than likely

Rey v Chavo
    Rey

Sabu v Big Show
    Sabu

Hogan v Orton
    Hogan

DX v McMahons
    DX to win and a shawn michaels injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Cena v Edge
    This one has to end with edge gettin disqualified.

do you think? i thought if Edge was disqualified he loses the belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

exactly they wouldnt put that in just for the laugh. And it will be a mistake or somethin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Cena v Edge
    Edge to keep hold of the belt

Mick Foley v Ric Flair
    Foley

Batista v Booker
    Batista to win (because you can't have two heels keeping their belts)

Rey v Chavo
    Chavo

Sabu v Big Show
    Would like to see Sabu win .... will surprise people by being one of the better matches.

Hogan v Orton
    Orton

DX v McMahons
    Some kind of cheating to allow McMahons to win

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Cena v Edge
    Cena to win,Lita causing the DQ,her contract is supposedly up

Mick Foley v Ric Flair
    Would love to see Foley win,but Naitch should do it

Batista v Booker
    Booker to retain,keep feud going till Survivor Series

Rey v Chavo
    Chavo with Vickie turning on Rey Rey

Sabu v Big Show
    Sabu wins by doing something EXTREME :D

Hogan v Orton
    Heart says Orton but head (and Hogans pull in this whole angle) says Hogan

DX v McMahons
    X-Pac returns to help DX

Ok a few long shots predicted there but who knows? :)

Advertisement