Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Pubs on a Monday night.

Options
  • 20-08-2006 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Galway for a night (Monday) and I'd like to go for a few pints. Where's a good place to go on a Monday night? I'm staying around Spanish Arch area. I know Galway well , but I've only been out in it once in the last 4 years (Kings Head). Anywhere got a late licence on a Monday? Don't want to go to a club.
    I'm going with my fiance, so I'm not looking for a pulling bar. Just somewhere nice and not too dead. Pref. hassle free. It's my only "holiday" this year. Sad, isn't it?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

il gatto wrote:
    Anywhere got a late licence on a Monday? Don't want to go to a club. (

bar 903 aka bar cuba* has a seven night late license..
    the bar is considered as a fire exit for the main club afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

and it has damn comfy couches too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That's where the bands play, isn't it? it's a possibility. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I wouldnt be too pushed on Cuba on a monday night - try Taafes on shop st because it is small there is always an atmosphere and usually a bit of music.

It is nice and central aswell so if it is quiet you have lots of options nearby

il gatto wrote:
    Anywhere got a late licence on a Monday? Don't want to go to a club.
    this lead me to believe that he is just looking for somewhere to go after the regular pubs shut.
    most of the other pubs will be much of a muchness me thinks..

• Advertisement

I suppose I could get my finger out and go to the pub earlier for a change:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The Róisín Dubh, Massimos (may have someone on the decks playing some laid back stuff), The Blue Note.
    Dominic st. basicly.

The Cellar has a late license, though I'm unsure if it is 7days or just Thurs-sat.

cellar is only thurs -> sat like most pubs in galway.
    massimos is wed -> sat late license aswell as the black rose i think

bugger

Might try the Roisin Dubh. Used to go there when a mate lived in the appartments across the road (over video store and Four Star). Right lazy f#ck#rs we were :D

• Advertisement

Nothing's changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

il gatto wrote:
    Might try the Roisin Dubh. Used to go there when a mate lived in the appartments across the road (over video store and Four Star). Right lazy f#ck#rs we were :D

and near the shop that sells PVC trousers and the likes ?? !! :p

I'm wearing mine right now :D
    Went to the Kings Head. Old reliable. They don't hang round long after they stop serving. 20 mins and the place was cleared :( Still, the bar in Jury's Inn Served later :) Thanks for the tips everyone.

Advertisement