Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

why can't ye just leave it alone?

Options
  • 20-08-2006 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

why is it that there's always scumbag that's out to destroy/vandalise people's car??
    Why can't they just leave it alone..
    I know the proportion is small compared to the whole population of Ireland but still!!
    It's totally unnecessary..

Last week, realised that my dad's side mirror cover was nicked?
    Only realised it the day after..
    What was that about?
    Why can't they leave the thing the way it is??
    I guess these people won't understand their own action until they get that done to them when they have their own car..

come on boardies, i'm sure you guys have anger to vent off and stories to share

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Its still hard to talk about but, some little sh*t felf like drawing a line in my door with his/her key. Is it because I keep my car spotless are scumbags attracted to clean cars like moths to lights.
    Makes you wonder what kind of demented people are out there on the streets. Thank god our cars keep them busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 beamerboy2006

Yeah some scumbag took my side mirror glass off one day......in broad daylight outside my job!! also one thing thta really annoys me(i know its a little off the point but...) is in car parks...the amount of dents and scratches on my car because of stupid fools not looking when they are opening their doors...bugs the hell out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

Chonker wrote:
    scumbags attracted to clean cars like moths to lights.

ditto.. unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

I had an experience when I parked my car in Fitzwilliam Square. I was in my car parked and took a phone call so did not bother getting out of the car. there was a empty space beside and car pulled up and parked nothing wrong there. The he proceeded to get out of his car and hit my car with his door. OK once was a accident then he proceeded to open the back door and yes he hit my car again. I ended the call quickly and got out of the car and asked him what was he playing at hitting my car twice. He said nothing and went off in his little merry way. Moral of the story some people dont give a toss about anybodies property.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

My Dad had the bulbs from his fog lights stolen. I recently had the glass from my wing mirror stolen....so annoying and inconvenient and nearly tempted me one day in a car park to steal someone elses back....but I figured two wrongs n all that so bought a new one....still very frustratin particularly the day before your NCT!! Oh I've also had the dust caps taken a few times....got me some locking ones now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

golden wrote:
    I had an experience when I parked my car in Fitzwilliam Square. I was in my car parked and took a phone call so did not bother getting out of the car. there was a empty space beside and car pulled up and parked nothing wrong there. The he proceeded to get out of his car and hit my car with his door. OK once was a accident then he proceeded to open the back door and yes he hit my car again. I ended the call quickly and got out of the car and asked him what was he playing at hitting my car twice. He said nothing and went off in his little merry way. Moral of the story some people dont give a toss about anybodies property.

I would have let the air out of all four of his tyres;)

We are out numbered, for every one of us who give a sh*t about other peoples property there are ten who couldn't.

My gripe is not really with the buggers who damage cars and property because they just dont care, or because they need a mirror or a bulb, they can't be helped it's the way they were brought up, But the goons that see a nice car and from somewhere feel the urge to damage it. I sometimes wonder when they get bored taking pleasure from other peoples misery what are these misfits going to do for their next buzz.

God help us all.

I would have let the air out of all four of his tyres;)

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I saw a girl demolish the side of an aul lad's micra in Superquinn car park a few years ago. She drove in at the wrong angle, and reversed out at a worse one. She actually lifted the car onto tow wheels on the way back out. Off she went up the carpark to a different space, and strolled in to do her shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

overdriver wrote:
    I saw a girl demolish the side of an aul lad's micra in Superquinn car park a few years ago. She drove in at the wrong angle, and reversed out at a worse one. She actually lifted the car onto tow wheels on the way back out. Off she went up the carpark to a different space, and strolled in to do her shopping.

I hope you took the stupid bitch's details and left a note on the windscreen of the damaged car.

This topic just pisses me off. I've had assholes nick badges off my cars over the year, key them, and in one particular instance, some asshole did a dance on the bonnet that meant I had to get it replaced. Obviously, I was never around when any of this happened as I'd have killed the eejit. You spend a fortune buying the car, maintaining it, tax, insurance and petrol and then some gob****e damages it whether on purpose or not. Makes you want to explode, doesn't it.

And not being sexist but women are the bloody worst when it comes to parking their cars. My mate was sitting in his Primera at a parking meter on the quays in Dublin once when a girl driver tried to reverse into a space in front of him. When I say try, I mean she reversed into his car not once but three times in her attempts to get her micra (why is it always a micra) into a space designed for a much larger car. Its funny when you learn that after the first time she hit his car, my mate jumps out to tell her what she's done and as he's trying to stop her, she reverses twice more into his car. After this she gives up and pulls off. My mate gets the attention of a passing motorbike cop who stops her down the quays. When my mate gets there, she's telling the cop that my mate was threatening her and she was trying to get away. However, as her car is a mobile wreck full of dents and scratches, the cop believes my mate and he gets her on her insurance.

• Advertisement

golden wrote:

if that was me I'd look around from inside the car and spot if any camera around.. if not then I'll dent his door and drive off.. see how they feel about it..

If camera around.. i'll probably let the air off as mentioned by bruce wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

I parked my car up across the road from the pub one night and went into a few friends (Drinking Lucozade), I came out a bit after closing time and got into the car and dropped a few friends home, went home and parked the car up and went to bed!
    Got up the next morning and looked out the window to discover that the wing mirror was in sh!te, the backing cover was missing and it wasnt sitting straight, and there appeared to be a screech mark of some description on the door, like from a tyre or something.
    Problem is, where as its normally a fairly easy job to repair the mirror, this one is electric and now when you push the button, all that can be heard is the motor whining but the glass not moving:mad:
    What gets me is WHY!!!, if u hit the mirror, could u not leave something on the winscreen, or better still if you kicked it off(there was a group of about 20+ other teenagers standing around in the area), Why not just leave it alone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Last year somebody nicked both head lamps from my dad's 5 series bmw. Bastards cut through the wireing loom on both sides, but didn't leave so much as a scratch on the car.

Cost almost €1750 to repair / mainly due to the damage to the wireing looms.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

lau1247 wrote:
    I'll dent his door and drive off.. see how they feel about it..
    I would have let the air out of all four of his tyres

That's a very immature attitude to have lads/ladies. It's also totally contradictory. You would just become one of the scum that you are complaining about. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

That's a very immature attitude to have lads/ladies. It's also totally contradictory. You would just become one of the scum that you are complaining about. :rolleyes:

This may be true, but where as the previous posters were considering letting the air out of the tyres, the person that happily slammed his door into yours couldnt give a toss about the fact that you are now going to have to get the door straightened out and if the paint cracks when its being pushed back out then your talking about a door respray so, i dont really think that its the same:rolleyes:

golden wrote:
    I ended the call quickly and got out of the car and asked him what was he playing at hitting my car twice. He said nothing and went off in his little merry way.

After golden confronted him.. he just went on his "little merry way".. of course you're bound to get pissed off..
    If would be acceptable if they said sorry and genuinely was wrong.. then we could forgive
    That was just pushing it don't you think wishbone??

Plus it's not exactly contradicting because I didn't set out to vandal or destroy on purpose in the sense that if the person didn't do it onto me, I wouldn't have retaliate..
    Retaliate is different from doing it for no reason..

But interestingly, i would like to know..
    If I was to hit your car twice as what happen to golden, what would you do??

Edit: sorry.. mislook.. meant to say wishbone not armchairninja above.. so it has been edited

Revenge isn't contradictory, it's sweet.
    If i had caught the bugger who did mine in the act... let him just be thankfull I didn't.

Wishbone some people spend a lot of time on their cars, when some idiot who obviously doesnt care as much damages your car and then you do something similar to his its pretty justified, an eye for an eye. Its only contradictory if you do it to an innocent party's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

fletch wrote:
    Oh I've also had the dust caps taken a few times....got me some locking ones now :)
    I had a set of the lockable spinning richbrook ones.. just nicked last week.. u got some that are unrobbable ? I'm interested in some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

manti452 wrote:
    u got some that are unrobbable ? I'm interested in some :)

I have. They are black and made of plastic. Anyone who robs thems has a problem greater than I will suffer from the lack of dustcaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Chonker wrote:
    Wishbone some people spend a lot of time on their cars, when some idiot who obviously doesnt care as much damages your car and then you do something similar to his its pretty justified, an eye for an eye. Its only contradictory if you do it to an innocent party's car.

Not in the eyes of the law it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I hope you took the stupid bitch's details and left a note on the windscreen of the damaged car.

I took her number, called the cops, and went into Superquinn to have the aul lad alerted. They were paging her, but she wouldn't come to the desk. The cops arrived and said they'd deal with it. I told them what I'd seen.

Apparently she said she didn't feel hitting the other car. Bullsh1t, cos she had a sneaky look at it walking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

It totally amazes me the amount of clots out there who dont think for an instant that they might be causing damage to someone elses property.

How many times have you seen people leaving boxes, bags , etc on the boot/roof/bonnet of a persons car while they load up their own car. Some wonderful person left an interesting collection of deep scratches on the boot of a courtesy car I once had, from the staples on the bottom of a cardboard box.

Shopping trolleys, and doors from adjoining cars will always leave you with a souvenir when you go to the shopping centre.

Then there is the pondlife that derive pleasure from malicous damage. A nice clean car attracts them like magpies. These gits hate to see anyone with something of value, and feel hard done by that they havent got the same. The concept of working to get something is probably very alien to them.

Btw, I am just back from a holiday in Rome. There must be a huge collection of scumbags there, as nearly every car I saw parked near Stazione termini was keyed.

maidhc wrote:
    Not in the eyes of the law it isn't.

I didnt say it was legal, I just said it wasn't contradictory!

Advertisement