Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square - Quick Query

Options
  • 20-08-2006 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've just moved into Castleforbes and apparently have an active phone number. I popped the faceplate off my telephone wallsocket and it has 3x pairs of cables.
    I do network wiring and the likes so assumed I'd be able to wire my own telephone to the socket.

Would I be able to have a quick peek at somebody else's socket? Or could sombody unscrew theirs and let me know which ones are punched down to the back of the phone socket?

Cheers,
    Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi Plenderj
    The Faceplates are all wired up on the apartment side - to the main phone socket... but not to the secondaries (bedroom, living room etc)

However they are not wired up in the basement... this needs to be done @ €125 by eirrcom... until the Eircom technician does this your phone line will not be live...

The extra wiring behind the socket id for the alarm and your secondary phone lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Bugger... that kinda knocks that idea on the head doesn't it lol

Advertisement