Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL problem with Eircom.net webmail

• 20-08-2006 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to set up a eircom.net webmail account but I get this error
    Important Notice
    You appear to be connected to the internet using a non-Irish Internet Service Provider (ISP), or an unrecognised network.

As a security precaution and to protect against our systems being abused by spam e-mail senders, eircom net has restricted the ability to register connection, e-mail and webspace accounts and the use of the Password Changer utility to users who are connected via an Irish ISP. If possible, please try connecting using an eircom net connection.

I'm using NTL so whats that all about then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

You might have a UK ip because you're with NTL. Maybe eircom restrict access to Irish ones. Either that or you ip is in a new batch that Eircom haven't added to their allowed list.

Eircom are famous for restricting access. You usedn't be able to get to their support pages unless you were on an Eircom ip. Which didn't help when your Eircom dialup stopped working and you had to switch to Oceanfree or something in order to try and get some support. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

irlrobins wrote:
    You might have a UK ip because you're with NTL. Maybe eircom restrict access to Irish ones. Either that or you ip is in a new batch that Eircom haven't added to their allowed list.

Eircom are famous for restricting access. You usedn't be able to get to their support pages unless you were on an Eircom ip. Which didn't help when your Eircom dialup stopped working and you had to switch to Oceanfree or something in order to try and get some support. :rolleyes:

that is all correct...why go for Eircom anyway? head for Gmail, a far superior service...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

whatever the reason but i've never been able to set up an eircom email either. i've always gotten the same error. although i can still access my old eircom email account.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mossieh wrote:
    that is all correct...why go for Eircom anyway? head for Gmail, a far superior service...

Lots of poeple would have Eircom accounts from dial up and so that's the email address that other people would have for them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

dub45 wrote:
    Lots of poeple would have Eircom accounts from dial up and so that's the email address that other people would have for them.

FYI you can setup gmail to retrieve the emails from other accounts like Eircom, very useful in situation like this.

However in this case Eircom understandably only allow it's customer to create an eircom email address.

The OP should create a ntl email address or even better gmail or yahoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm trying to create one so I can replicate the problem someone else is having.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51926266#post51926266

Well you wont be able to create one as long as you are 'outide Eircom'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

dub45 wrote:
    Well you wont be able to create one as long as you are 'outide Eircom'

Ummm. Just remembered when I've done it in the past I was using a free dialup ISP from a cover CD. Probably them.

Ummm. Just remembered when I've done it in the past I was using a free dialup ISP from a cover CD. Probably them.

You could create one by going in on dial up to Eircom if it is really necessary.

Advertisement