Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS-banned but no pms?

Options
  • 20-08-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Been banned from adverts.ie for 3 months & fair enough, but this morning I can't access my pms & only get a Vbulletin msg about the ban at the /private.htm URL. Tried log-in/log-out, through CP, cut/paste in new window, and refreshs, to no avail. Is this an issue with my browser (IE6), or as a result of ban or... :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Why were you banned ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

That's been discussed with the relevant Mod, and not the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well then pm the mod to find out if this is a result of the ban. If its a technical problem then go to HelpDesk?

I can't pm the Mod if I can't access my pm page, can I? :rolleyes:

And yes, Helpdesk is a good suggestion, but I thought I'd ask here first in case it's a normal/regular occurence when banned from adverts.ie, as I'm not sure if it's technical or not (my pm counts are not showing in top right corner, where it says 'welcome ambro25, you last visited... etc').

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This might be a simple technical issue or a policy decision I'm unaware of, so I don't have a clear answer for you but I'll try to find out.

• Advertisement

noted, with much anticipated thanks.

EDIT - [brainwave] wouldn't have anything to do with a pm I've received since the ban about that 20 year-old Mac SE I'd posted in Free Stuff before the ban, would it?[/brainwave]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Perhaps you were banned from adverts for PMing someone before a sale was finalised and as a result you have been banned from adverts and from using the Private messaging system?

Slurms wrote:
    Perhaps you were banned from adverts for PMing someone before a sale was finalised

No. I was banned for something entirely unrelated, which as I posted has been discussed and I'm taking the punishment and that's that - period.

Further to my edit above, however, that might be it. But (i) the ban wasn't about that Mac ad, (ii) I can't help it if people pm me from ads placed before I was banned (I acknowledge I replied to the sender, as the Mod/Smods may verify anyway, but -> (iii) I'm not selling that Mac, I'm giving it away, reply pm was when can the Boardsie pick it up instead of it ending up in a landfill!).

Advertisement