Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net free email account

Options
  • 20-08-2006 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

I was setting up outlook for a eircom.net free account recently and I noticed there was a substantial delay in new email downloading to outlook. In the web interface you could see new email but it wasn't being downloaded. I was told later it did all eventually download. Anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭lau1247

which incoming mail address and outgoing mail address did you use??
    maybe that has something to do with it??

eircom has two..
    mail.eircom.net or mail2.eircom.net

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

mail.eircom.net I think. I'm not near that computer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭lau1247

they both work

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

I was setting up outlook for a eircom.net free account recently and I noticed there was a substantial delay in new email downloading to outlook. In the web interface you could see new email but it wasn't being downloaded. I was told later it did all eventually download. Anyone have experience of this?
    When you use the web interface for eircom mail, it takes the mail out of the POP mailbox, so that you can't download that e-mail in Outlook anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mark1

Foxwood wrote:
    When you use the web interface for eircom mail, it takes the mail out of the POP mailbox, so that you can't download that e-mail in Outlook anymore.

Thought this was not very useful when I first tried the web interface. So I rang Eircom, their suggestion was to forward/resend to email to yourself again. Then get it via Outlook, bit messy but worked. Now only use web interface if on holiday etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Foxwood wrote:

That would explain a lot. :o Odd way for it to work. But then it is Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Mark1 wrote:
    Thought this was not very useful when I first tried the web interface. So I rang Eircom, their suggestion was to forward/resend to email to yourself again. Then get it via Outlook, bit messy but worked. Now only use web interface if on holiday etc.
    At least they forward the message as a .eml attachment. This means that with Outlook Express (and probably most other "lite" e-mail cients), you can then drag the attachment into your inbox, and get a "clean" copy of the e-mail that you can reply to or forward. (I'm not sure about Outlook - it's formatting of e-mail messages is seriously bogus).

Advertisement