Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night 24th August - Meet and Training

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I'll give it a go on Thursday....Im nowhere near familiar with the place so heres hoping i dont get lost.

Otherwise 7 it is

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

seansouth wrote:
    Eh yeah people - can anyone who has a decent leather ball bring it. I think last weeks ball providor is not coming this week.

Cheers.

The Manager.

On the match ball front, for our proper matches I have a match ball I bought a couple of months ago from the world cup (ie not a replica, a stg£75 matchball) we can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

no one should worry about the standard. whenever a team is put together of people who dont know each other its gonna be a mixed bag. some will be good some not so. i know id prefer to play in a team of sound lads out for a game like last week rather than a bunch of maradonas who are idiots. just come along and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it on Thursday now, I hurt my hamstring playing yesterday and it's quite sore this evening. I may still head down if it clears up, but don't expect me. Sorry about that, I'll be down for the next training session, I promise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'll be there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

can i just ask if we are confining this to Boards people only. A few people have been saying that they have a friend coming etc so is tha like Boards friend or a mate from the outside world?

Reason I ask, is because the mate that I'm hopefully borrowing boots from for Thursday is possibly interested in playing. Not a Bad player, not a great player but was just wondering??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My friend isn't on boards, I don't see why it should be a requirement if we have an interested and dedicated player. Anyway, he could be a member within about 80 seconds of turning on his pc at home so it's not an elite members club that you have to run across hot coal and absail down a skyscraper to get into;)

He's got the €100 ready and wants to play. I don't see why he shouldn't be let.

He's got a ref's meeting thurs night unfortunately so wont be able to make this one but he is very interested and has the money ready and will be at the next one:) Great player too and he makes me play better aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

cormie wrote:
    My friend isn't on boards, I don't see why it should be a requirement if we have an interested and dedicated player. Anyway, he could be a member within about 80 seconds of turning on his pc at home so it's not an elite members club that you have to run across hot coal and absail down a skyscraper to get into;)

He's got the €100 ready and wants to play. I don't see why he shouldn't be let.

He's got a ref's meeting thurs night unfortunately so wont be able to make this one but he is very interested and has the money ready and will be at the next one:) Great player too and he makes me play better aswell:)

Ive no problem with anyone joining at all. The only thing would be that if they wanna join its gotta be soon. The next session after Thursday is grand but once we're into the swing of things its gonna be important to keep the same faces and not have people coming down every week. Maybe have a cut off date for partaking in at least one session?

This guy is sport crazy, he'll definitely make it and once the season get's going, these games will have preference over everything else. He's also recovering from a pulled muscle so maybe it's best he doesn't come this week anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

nurse_baz wrote:
    can i just ask if we are confining this to Boards people only. A few people have been saying that they have a friend coming etc so is tha like Boards friend or a mate from the outside world

Well, it would do no harm to have an account so they can view this forum and put up a few posts. I wouldn't say being "dedicated boards member" is a "requirement"

Sorry, if i'm butting in on this forum, (I'm 14years old, from mayo so I'm no good for ye)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cormie wrote:
    so it's not an elite members club that you have to run across hot coal and absail down a skyscraper to get into;)
    The soccer board practically is.

so people are generally cool about a few non-boards people playing?

just for the record i'm not bothered either, as long as most lads are boards then we're not diluting the boards.ie ethic of team.

would it possible for anyone that doesn't that football forum access and is playing/training for the team to get access, even if they don't fufill the requirements?

They don't need access to the soccer forum, this is a full unrestricted access forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

nurse_baz wrote:

would it possible for anyone that doesn't that football forum access and is playing/training for the team to get access, even if they don't fufill the requirements?

Does anybody read the charter?

This board has unrestricted access, Soccer board has restricted, anyone can post here without sponsorship.

Off boards players is fine, as someone said it only takes about 80 seconds to register.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    Does anybody read the charter?

Nope

ok cool, it was just a suggestion, let any new people integrate a bit quicker into the world of boards.ie football, eventhough i know this is an unrestricted forum. sure KdjaCL can make a mod type decision on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can someone check the map attached and let me know if I have the red circle in correct place for where we are to meet, can I just park up beside the Monument?

Cheers

Can't attach the bloody map, ok so I go in the main entrance off Conyngham Road and the mounment is on the left, ya?

What map?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

irish1 wrote:
    Can't attach the bloody map, ok so I go in the main entrance off Conyngham Road and the mounment is on the left, ya?

Thats it exactly, about 200m down the road on yer left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Just keep your eye out for the second largest obelisk in the world, shouldnt be hard to spot! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

directions courtesy of google maps!

its the big phallic looking thing just off chesterfield avenue there

flick betewen hybrid and map to get the raod names because they're not coming up for some strange reason

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

And can you can park beside the monument?

Not on the grass, but on the road, close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Cant make it tonight due to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

seansouth
    KdjaCL + 3 others
    cormie + 1 other
    Draupnir
    BlackWizard :cool:
    Reganio 2
    Xavi6
    MrJoeSoap
    FrankGrimes
    el rabitos
    Stekelly
    nurse_baz
    L5
    APM + 1 friend
    MrJones
    irish1 – Maybe
    Spalk0
    Savman

Total: 22
    Total + Maybe: 23

If those who said they can make it do make it, then we could get 11v11 :eek:

So... any plans for a Bordeaux Reserves???

Ill be here at 7. But ill have to head before 8.30 or before that if I can.
    Ill be wearing a black Real Madrid top. I presume we can wear boots so ill have
    a pair with me.

If I forgot anyone Im sorry. Just let me know and ill punish my self after . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

So... any plans for a Bordeaux Reserves???

maybe we're going to have a "cut"....simpsons style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Homer: "....and that's all the cuts..."
    Millhouse: "Yes, I made the cut"
    Homer: "...except for Millhouse, who is also cut"

brilliant, up there with Marge:'homer did you stay up all night eating cheese'....Homer:"I think I'm blind" as best homer quote ever

don't worry about a reserve team yet, start thinking about that if we do end up with 18 showing up to games regularly - the numbers will trim down over the coming weeks, always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Me and 1 other 2 cant make it and i have no lift to or back, will get there anyway but will need a lift home :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

ill be there also

• Advertisement

Another good turn out, let's keep it up:) My feet started killing me after a while with the new boots and I wasn't as active as I should have been. Once I wear them in that should be ok, they are better than the €12.99 Lidl ones I had anyway:D

I have someones ball that they left there too!

Advertisement