Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night 24th August - Meet and Training

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

cormie wrote:

I have someones ball that they left there too!

Will travel miles for free **** and steal stuff too :D

Thanks for lift.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea that was good fun except when I got blasted in the face then the nuts!

Only one thing I'd say, people need to remember sliding tackles aren't allowed in this league, quite a few people sliding in tonight, it takes a bit of getting used to for defenders, you have to be that bit sharper because you can't recover with a sliding tackle.

So is it Thursday next week?

Its not actually sliding i followed tru on a few players more so from slipping than sliding.
    Got a couple of blocks in that were sliding but on grass you can do that.

Decent showing tonight 14 to start and with stekelly out thats 15 solid for the team.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

yeah that was good fun. felt like my neck was going to rip making a couple of those saves but good fun.

so, next wednesday or thursday? i'm confuseled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

irish1 wrote:
    Yea that was good fun except when I got blasted in the face

Ha Ha! Im soooo sorry about that . . :( I shouldn't hit the ball that hard in training
    anyway, especially up in the air.

I really enjoyed that kick about though!

Sadly I had to leave early for a game and because of that I had to try not
    exhaust myself out there tracking back or covering much ground.

I dont know how many times I tried to stay onside...I dont think ill ever get
    used to that. I didnt slide tackle once, its not too hard to get used to :) but
    the temptation is always there I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sounds like the basis for the team is there. Appologies I couldnt be there, cleared it with the gaffer during the week. Had to go give the super drogs my support and since theres no more thursday night football for them this season :mad: ther'll be no more interupptions.

What about meeting in one of the astro parks and playing 6/7 a side next week maybe. Get people having a run out on astro, couldbe good for the lads who havnt played on astro before or arnt used to it.

Stekelly wrote:

What about meeting in one of the astro parks and playing 6/7 a side next week maybe. Get people having a run out on astro, couldbe good for the lads who havnt played on astro before or arnt used to it.

Hoping to have a freindly organsied.

Heard you were dropped :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Will we train before this friendly? Like Tuesday?

Will we train before this friendly? Like Tuesday?

ehh yeah ...umm maybe ...ask seansouth :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Hey lads, just got back from galway today so missed out on two weeks of action :( Oh well, hopefully i wont be working during the next one. I so want to play!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote:
    Hoping to have a freindly organsied.

Heard you were dropped :D

kdjac

I didnt get that memo, so no dice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

cormie wrote:
    I have someones ball that they left there too!

Might be my ball I forgot mine! Was it a slightly soft Adidas (I think) world cup style ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Good game last night lads

Think i was a bit in the wars too much....

feckin hell im feeling it today for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Spalk0 wrote:
    Think i was a bit in the wars too much....
    Nope, you weren't.

Tis the nature of the game.

No pain, no gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Incidentally, did you get your hair dryer yet?

Its not for your hair is it? surely hehe:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Enjoyed the run out lads, new boots left me with some nice blisters and a bit of a calf strain though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Cormie, cheers for the lift.

Draupnir, good game chief, just dont be bottling any more tackles :D

Am hopeful of getting two more players down to the friendly next Thursday, one plays left midfield, the other at right back.

Roddy23 wrote:
    , the other at right back.

Dont need him.....me secretly covets the right back slot :D

kdjac

Roddy23 wrote:
    Cormie, cheers for the lift.

Draupnir, good game chief, just dont be bottling any more tackles :D

Am hopeful of getting two more players down to the friendly next Thursday, one plays left midfield, the other at right back.

What tackles did I bottle? Dont remember that, then again, I have a certain preferance for not breaking an ankle in training!

Good game in goal mate, very impressed with your closing down, some Schmeichel-esque stuff going on! What did you concede 2 all night?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Draupnir wrote:
    Good game in goal mate, very impressed with your closing down, some Schmeichel-esque stuff going on! What did you concede 2 all night?

One from yours truly anyway, though the great Dane himself wouldn't have stopped that one!

• Advertisement

I bent one in top corner too but wasnt going to argue about the semantics of 7 bags being a post :D

kdjac

Maybe ye got 3 then, cos Neil got a decent strike aswell if I remember correctly, but I think it was a resounding slaughter for my team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ansan

So, training on Tuesday???

One from yours truly anyway, though the great Dane himself wouldn't have stopped that one!

Can't rememeber that one, athough I know ye did score.
    Ah selective memory :)

KdjaCL ye was gonna give ye that one, but ye didn't put much of an argument, so I said fcuks to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draupnir wrote:
    Maybe ye got 3 then, cos Neil got a decent strike aswell if I remember correctly, but I think it was a resounding slaughter for my team ;)

Yeah wasnt a bad oul toe poke if I do say so myself!! :D About the only thing I got right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

wouldn't say that mate, looked like you had alright game from where i was standing.

looked like we have the basis for a decent side alright, beginning to think I won' be getting my game, but with rolling subs, even the reserves need to be on form really and get up to speed like everyone else.

Roddy23 wrote:
    KdjaCL ye was gonna give ye that one, but ye didn't put much of an argument, so I said fcuks to that.

Its grand its only training, if in a match the net will ripple :)

Joesoap scored a screamer from about 25 yards, odd you dont remember that :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Playing on Astro Turf with no sliding tackles will be quite a bit different to the Thursday night session. It's all about quick passing on the deck and you have to track your man ALL the time, fitness and first touch is everything.

Irish1 if ye keep blocking the shots :D we'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ansan

So when's the next training, the sooner the better.

Advertisement