Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night 24th August - Meet and Training

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

Thursday hopefully, it would be nice to keep the training to a regular slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

there was some talk about training tomorrow and then a friemdly game on Thursday afaik. IS that whats happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I mentioned training on Tuesday but there has been nothing said from the gaffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Still waiting on final confimation of the other 11 to play us.

Can book 3 Rock for 9 if everyone brings a mate we can have the pitch for the hour afaik its 180 per hour.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Well if we are doing something tomorrow then I'll need to know tonight to get gear together and bring it to work.

Thursday would probably be better, des has been a bit quiet lately, might be something related to that thing he mentioned with his brothers football team?

Probably best to hold off and wait and see

I'm good to go whenever anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

€180 per hour? That's a bit of a joke, plenty of places we can play for free:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'd rather just have another training session/get together this week instead of a friendly, especially a friendly we gotta pay for.

isnt there an all weather pitch with a running track around it down in fairview next to the driving school?....like, a free one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

All Weather nothin, if its training then back up to the park I reckon, its central for everyone and the all weather in Fairview is gravel based stuff and I have very unpleasant memories of training there as a kid and coming home with less skin on my shins than when i went.

yeah I think the Phoenix is fine for friendlies/training, much easier for everyone to get to the phoenix than 3 Rock. 3 rock is much closer to me, but I'd prefer the extra bit of journey if it means I save €10-20 and we can play on grass, for as long as we want. I know the days are getting darker but 7 should be ok for the next few weeks. With all the €180's saved, we could probably afford some floodlights, or even our very own pitch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

el rabitos wrote:
    i'd rather just have another training session/get together this week instead of a friendly, especially a friendly we gotta pay for.

isnt there an all weather pitch with a running track around it down in fairview next to the driving school?....like, a free one?

Yeah that place is grand apart from smashed glass bottles, and on one occassion a burned out car! :eek: :)

• Advertisement

€180 /22 = €8

Des busy this week with stuff afaik.

7 At Pheno it is, just try get a pitch with full size goals so the keepers get a work out.

kdjac

We can use the pitches at the other end, they are fine, we played a full match there before and it was great. I think we should invest in a set of our own goals and nets. Nothing better than seeing your shot hit the top corner and blast down against the netting (not that it's ever happened to me, but still). My bro and I made some nets before for street hockey out of wavin pipes, cheap, portable and did the job great.

cormie wrote:
    My bro and I made some nets before for street hockey out of wavin pipes, cheap, portable and did the job great.

You should have your own tv show :D

Cormies Cheap and Cheerful show.....

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

so what night are we talking about here? Thursday or Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

nurse_baz wrote:
    so what night are we talking about here? Thursday or Tuesday?

Thursday again I think/hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

The pitch out in fairview is abit muck,we used to use it for abit last season and the floodlights are a joke. Towards the end of things we had to get an yellow winter ball just to have some chance of seeing anything

And as has been noted earlier the surface isnt that forgiving if you plan on falling at any stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

We can use the pitches at the other end, they are fine, we played a full match there before and it was great.

The pitches down by the papal cross was where we were last time. Had a good game there, so meet there then, but it is a good bit up if you are walking, so I don't know,.

Advertisement