Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POE2 release date.

• 20-08-2006 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Next weekend it seems .

http://www.totalbf2.com/

Nice video there as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

That video looks really good.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

Looks a bit ...plastic.....

Plus it seems Armour based ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jonski wrote:
    Remembering POE, its flippin huge maps, I'd say its just continuing the plan. Hey, if it works, don't fix it. And there are usually one or two small ones, to keep people happy.

Also, don't ye just hate waiting for a tank to spawn? Now there's enough for everyone who wants one:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [PoE2]airgringo

jonski wrote:

Some maps are armour based. Some maps are infantry based. Some are infantry only. Some are air based, we even one version of a map that's air only. There really is something for everybody (often within the same map), I urge you guys to check it out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Is that really POE coming to Boards.ie to promote their mod? :)

Based on the past we'll probably see a TiG server hosting the mod won't we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

I urge you guys to check it out.

Might do , sometimes the gameplay makes up for the graphics . But I do notice that mods don't seem to get the same chance that they used to , because there are so many new games coming out that , lets be honest , look better . I see it myself now with TO:Crossfire , a ut2k4 mod that is a follow up to the popular Tac-ops . It is made and coded quiet well , but the skins aren't great , and that seems to have put ppl off , well that and lack of cheat protection .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Ponster wrote:
    Based on the past we'll probably see a TiG server hosting the mod won't we?
    If the interest is there from irish players we should have a server up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

/runs off to install bf2 againn, yippie!

Ponster wrote:
    Is that really POE coming to Boards.ie to promote their mod? :)

Just a lowly tester :cool:

Jonski - as subjective as the visual/graphic appeal of a mod can be, PoE's got some very talented artists on staff. Accurate models and skins have been a priority for the guys on the dev team since day one of work on their BFV mod - and the result has been a mod that looks just as good (some say better, but you guys should judge that for yourselves) as the stock BF2 game.

As far as mods getting a more limited chance to make an impact.. I agree completely. That's one reason PoE2 had a relatively long development time (almost 17 months) - it's got to draw in a large group of people right out of the gates, or we might as well forget it. Used to be (back in the days of the early CounterStrike releases, even DC for BF42) that you could release a mod in nearly any condition, and somebody would play it just to get variety. You could add content as you go, and more people would play it every time you had a major release. These days, people don't (understandably) have the patience to play a half finished mod and wait for the rest to be released. There's good and bad sides to this; a lot of mods are just completely passed over by the community, but there will be a handful of mods that are very professionally done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

These days, people don't (understandably) have the patience to play a half finished mod and wait for the rest to be released. There's good and bad sides to this; a lot of mods are just completely passed over by the community, but there will be a handful of mods that are very professionally done.

Ranked is the word your looking for, people dont play mods as they are not ranked thus they get no stats from playing.

Many a lonely night playing various mods with one or two TIG guys :(

kdjac

• Advertisement

PoE had a massive following in BFV (at one point, 60% of BFV players online were playing POE), and most of them are waiting around to play POE2. You're right, there are people who don't play anything that won't result in them getting an unlock, but there's an established community that's been around since before the whole unlock idea that ruined BF2 for a lot of people.

If you just want to see your k/d ratio, time played, favourite weapon, etc, we've got that covered. We have a built in server side stats system that will track your personal stats and make them available on our stats website - you won't get any unlocks or rewards, but you do get to see your stats. For some people, this is a big deal, but I, like many of the people on the mod team, think making a mod's about making an experience. We want people to play our mod because it's fun, not because they can see some numbers on a website afterwards.

Advertisement