Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC's

Options
  • 20-08-2006 1:48pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the opening times for KC's in Douglas off the top of their head? (Or from a nearby menu?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

its normally open from about 6pm to 9pm but i cant confirm because they open some strange hours and then shut. i think they open late tuesday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

They're not half as bad as teh golden fry for opening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Tree wrote:
    They're not half as bad as teh golden fry for opening.
    Blasphemy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

daveohdave wrote:
    Blasphemy!

Quiet you, you know what happened the last time you spoke up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

well the golden fry never seems to open :( and they're miles better than kc's

Johnny Fries is open Tuesday to Saturday, from around teatime to around midnight. Unless Francis has pissed off on one of her increasingly regular holidays. :)

Midnight is being optomistic

Might be 11 then. I'll check next time I'm there.

Worth it though. Best chipper in Cork.

Fysh wrote:
    Quiet you, you know what happened the last time you spoke up!
    Eh? I've been lurking non-reg for a while, but I don't think I've ever posted here before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tree wrote:
    well the golden fry never seems to open :( and they're miles better than kc's

I beg to differ! Who here has not partaken of a bombay, or flaming pig in the spuds or a KC pitta and not thought it heaven on earth,

dammit, I'm going to have to go there next weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Golden fry!!! never heard of the place.

But kc's not what a chipper. I rememebr one of my first nights in Cork i was introduced to it.. ahh yes sitting on the path outside munching away. yummy.

Anyway as to opening times well tis all feiced up. Its always opened at night as when i come home from work at 22.30pm or 12.30am its doors are opened.

trilo wrote:
    Golden fry!!! never heard of the place.

Tis on the Ballinlough Road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

What do people see in KCs, i think its pure muck as far as chippers go.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Get out and stay out...

Golden Fry > KC's

They do savage chips and teh best onion rings in Cork! and meat pattys that are to die for :)

creole! need i say anymore?! i am a big fan of the fry too but i think KC's would just about win over for me.ques are awful in both places though! :(

Tree wrote:
    They do savage chips and teh best onion rings in Cork! and meat pattys that are to die for :)
    The fish cakes - potato cakes to the rest of ye; and no, they don't have fish in them - are the best on the planet; way better than the vastly overrated Lennoxes variety. The haddock is divine, I highly recommend it over any other Johnny Fries fish. The scampi is incredibly expensive, yet worth it. And of course the house special, chicken maryland, is a work of deep-fried art.

I honestly believe that most people that revere KCs as the best in Cork just plain haven't been to Johnny Fries.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jaysus, you don't go to KC's for the chips! They're mediocre, at best. You go there for the pittas. Oh my, heaven on Earth... I remember my first KC's pitta. I was drunk, and half suspected I may have died because nothing else can taste that good.

Yummy :).

The best onion rings are to be found in Barty's in Ballyphehane, as are the best chips, all thanks to Mr. Barty (God bless him) using nothing but the finest beef lard!

• Advertisement

Best batterburger/meatcake is Hoggys behind the Queens Old Castle.

mmmmmmmm bartys.

best batter burger is in matty kiely's on maylor st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Abstract

aghhh its awful myself and a friend went there recently cause kcs was closed cause i remembered it being savage but when we got it it was actually just ****e dino's beats it and thats not great either is it?Potato cake was wretched and burger horrible.
    K.C's is the best in cork

Dinos has gone to sh*t. The burgers are just processed crap now.

daveohdave wrote:
    Best batterburger/meatcake is Hoggys behind the Queens Old Castle.

hoggy burger :D:D mmmm mmmm mmmm one of the only burgers i have problems finishing. some much sauce and meat mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm mm and nice chips

also anyone like kielys on maylor st?the food isnt to write home about.its very nice but nothing special just a nice really old fashioned chipper with the old style register and ud imagine the same clientel they had 50years ago. a very nice alternative place to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

daveohdave wrote:
    Dinos has gone to sh*t. The burgers are just processed crap now.

As opposed to when they were.... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Is that place still open on Maylor street - you know the one where they still use newspapers to wrap the chips and the guy serving is definately one of the grumpiest chippers in Cork city?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Think that's Kiely's isn't it? I have yet to sample their wares, despite living about 2 whole minutes away...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

dudara wrote:
    The best onion rings are to be found in Barty's in Ballyphehane, as are the best chips, all thanks to Mr. Barty (God bless him) using nothing but the finest beef lard!

Where are they? Never heard of them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Fysh wrote:
    Think that's Kiely's isn't it? I have yet to sample their wares, despite living about 2 whole minutes away...

I wouldn't be running there - I'll put it like that! From what I remember a burger in there used to be one of those yellow pack ones from the supermarket deep fried.

Advertisement