Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC's

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

they are still open. god i never had a bad expierance in there. always found the food grand but its mainly the character of yer man in there i go for. kinda like the barman in the HiB. its not so much the food/drink you go there for

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

damien.m wrote:
    Where are they? Never heard of them before.

Have a look here in the bottom right quadrant. See where the No. 3 bus stop is. Barty's is in the little square across from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Poor ol Lennoxs (Bandon Road) isnt even getting a look in. They have the best fish and chips and their batter burgers are lovely.

KC's used to be lovely. Not anymore. Anyone remember the stirofoam packs they had, you'd nearly ate the thing. Now when i eat KC's i think "man, that was nice", three hours later i'm lying on my bed listenin to WW3 breaking out in my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

KCs was nice when I hadn't had it in about 8 years but after a few visits I'm sick of the place again. While we're on the subject of chippers, can someone tell me whats the deal with Lennoxs? Why do people seem to worship the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Golden Fry opens Wednesday to Sunday :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

JohnK wrote:
    Why do people seem to worship the place?

I suppose cause they've been around so long. They're a good chipper, just not the best in my opinion, and they can be a bit stingy with their chip portions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

DJ Hafez wrote:
    Golden Fry opens Wednesday to Sunday :rolleyes:
    He's right you know, although quite what the rolleyes was for I have no idea.

Tip for GF visitors: the small and the large chips are essentially the same size, all that differs is the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sgt Pepper

Well said about the chips - awful. Gave em to the dogs. Was in kcs 2nite btw. Asked for a double burger w/cheese, 2 batter sausages and a large chips. when i got home and checked it i'd in fact received a normal burger with 2 slices of cheese {instead of a double with cheese}. Apart from the burger being cold and a single, the cheese they use is crap, i got only 1 batter sausage instead of 2 and the dogs got the fuppin chips. I rarely go to chippers these days thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Faith wrote:
    Does anyone know the opening times for KC's in Douglas off the top of their head? (Or from a nearby menu?)

From a nearby menu ...

Monday : 18:00 - 00:45

Tuesday : 21:15 - 00:45

Wednesday : 12:30 - 14:00, 18:00 - 00:45

Thursday : 12:30 - 14:00, 21:15 - 00:45

Friday : 12:30 - 14:15, 17:00 - 01:30

Saturday : 18:00 - 01:30

Sunday : 17:00 - 00:45

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

the kebab shop next to the capitol cinema yummy savage food
    not much into chippers but k.c's is fairly nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Best Chips and cheeseh pies - Lennox's
    Best 1/4 pounder - King Dino (although everything else is god awful)
    Best all-round late night munch - KC's

I don't think much of Kiely's although it's true about Matty, he's a lej, the burgers are the right price but the grease... Too much for most...

Hoggy's is ridiculously expensive for chipper food, so I don't really know what the food is like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

hoggys aint great. goldenfry is where it's at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

being something of a conoisseur when it comes to fast food (im just a fat bastard really), in my opinon

Lennox's

Nicest chips in cork, nicest fish also. Lovely curry. Sausages, pies etc not great

Barties

Chips are pure gawk. I live near there, and manys the time the chips have been cold and hard in the middle. Lovely sausages, the nicest in cork. Pizzas not great. curry is rotten

KCS

As someone mentioned, you dont go to KCs for the chips. The steak sandwhich (i always get garlic mayo on it) is the nicest thing i have ever tasted. I want one. Now.

Dinos.

Pure gawk.

Golden Fry

Some great food, but im rarely up that direction.

Hoggy's

Once the last stop before a taxi on a saturday night out until i went in there sober. Horrible chips, horrible everything. Best avoided.

Any fried chicken place

Great when drunk. Painful when sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Good descriptive review roar.. Agree with most of what you said :)

Only good thing Dinos do is batter burgers.... Golden fry have the best pies (no onions or crap in them like some other places :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

King Dino's are quality even if the rest is ****e.

You know what I miss from England though? A battered sausage is a huge thing that actually clogs the arteries just right.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Golden Fry - slow and a bit overpriced,

Chipper beside the Silver Key - greasy, the smell comes into the car every evening passing it on way home,

Dinos - nice chips, nice fish, decent chicken.

John Graces - gotta get the JoJos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Vinnies in Rathcormac is supposed to be nice aswell, any experiences?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

parsi wrote:
    Golden Fry - slow and a bit overpriced
    True on slow, and getting worse if anything. I don't care about the price. :)
    Chipper beside the Silver Key[/quotes]Dennys. Awful. Went there twice, the second time to see if I got it on a bad night. I didn't. Every night is a bad night.

That Italian one in Cobh used to be the berries too. Mimmos?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

that one in midleton is the job, think its a fish mongers by day or summat, i can never ever find it, can only get chips there when the rents are about coz they#ve been goin there since ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

^^

That is Keohanes - yes a fab chipper, they only do food that can be deep fried!! Chips, battered sausages, chicken, potato pies and fish I think (maybe onion rings as well)
    The portions are small but the prices are cheap so you just pretty much get 2 of everything.
    God it takes me back to the Midleton of my youth............

• Advertisement

found it last night :D
    love the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Abstract

I have never had a bad kcs ive had a god awful golden fry which means i'm not going back but kcs is consistently freaking beautiful!No time for punctuation

Advertisement