Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Transfer Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

So Owen says he is staying at Newcastle. Anyony else think that this must mean none of the big clubs wanted him? surely if he really wanted to stay he would have come out with this statement when the speculation started?!!?

If we don't finish top 6 this season he will be gone (that is if he scores 15-20 goals and stays injury free)

I doubt he will get a move to a bigger club unless he can prove he still has what it takes at the top.

Duscher would be a good signing. I would really like to see a couple more defenders come rolling in the door though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Duscher gone already it seems

Duscher gone already it seems

Do you have a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Owen will stay at Newcastle next season.

Either he will regain his old form, and will propell Newcastle to at least a top 6 finish, maybe a top 4.

Or else, he won't regain his old form, and people will think he's past it.

evilhomer wrote:
    Do you have a link?

according to the boys at www.nufc.com

They say he was unfit and didn't impress in the few days he was there. Bit like Luque except he has been there for years.

Unless his wages were ridiculous I thought he would have been a handy number to have in our engine room.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2541881,00.html

A bit strange that Allerdyce would say

"Heinze - if I wanted him, I don't think he would come. I think he would have hit sights on a greater club than this one."

Sure it may actually be true, but A) enquire and find out, B) Don't say you don't think the club is big enough for certain players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

sounds like he enquired and found out already, welcome to the real world :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

He is just being realistic tbh, players want champions league footy, we dont have that!

Newcastle 3 - 1 Hartlepool

Ameobi got 2 and Owen got one.

Apparently we were defending dodgily at times(whats new) but we were great going forward and if it wasnt for their keeper who had a blinder we wouuld of scored many more.

I really want some more defenders!

Owen out for 7-10 days.

Picked up thigh strain in training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Owen out for 7-10 days.

Picked up thigh strain in training.

Who you gonna sue for that one?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Who you gonna sue for that one?

kdjac

Noone :confused:

We were perfectly entitled to get compensation from the FA when he got injured during the world cup.

Newcastle 1 - Carlisle 1.

Dyer is also supposedly off to West Ham. Emm maybe a swap for Lucas Neill. Emre being linked with a move away also. We've also been delisted and supposedly chucked a 7 million quid offer in for someone - read Lahm but think thats bulls**t.

Any opinions on who should be captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Emm maybe a swap for Lucas Neill.

wave enough money around and he'll come running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

SSN apparently reporting Joey Barton has broken his foot and will be out for 6 to 8 weeks...

No defence and injuries already starting early - welcome to Newcastle, Joey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That's a big blow. Still, there's still lots of time for Sam to strengthen the squad.

fuuuuuuuuck

Newcastle 1 - Carlisle 1.

Dyer is also supposedly off to West Ham. Emm maybe a swap for Lucas Neill. Emre being linked with a move away also. We've also been delisted and supposedly chucked a 7 million quid offer in for someone - read Lahm but think thats bulls**t.

Any opinions on who should be captain?

get with the times, Emre has said on numerous occasions this summer that he is staying put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ffs, I think Newcastle should just wrap up shop!!! injury, after injury, ffs and SECOND match second PRE SEASON match, and we have 2 casualties so far :mad:

• Advertisement

Apparently we have put in a 8 million bid for sol campbell, alot of money....but we need defenders!!!

We cannot sell Dyer now, with barton out we need him.

Just a reminder to toon fans, Newcastle V Celtic on Setanta 1, kick off 7:45

Come on the toooon!

Starting line up. Shay Given as captain!

Shay Given, Stephen Carr, Paul Huntington, David Rozehnal, Peter Ramage, James Milner, Geremi, Nicky Butt, Nobby Solano, Oba Martins, Albert Luque

Subs : Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Matty Pattison, Charles N'Zogbia, Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor, David Edgar, James Troisi

wow what a match!

we were unreal in the 1st half, some great attacking football, and 2 goals from luque COME ON

Comfortable 2-0 win for the Toon yesterday against Juventus. Luque on the scoresheet again! More injuries though... the team that finished would give me nightmares if we ended up like that at Bolton on the opening day.

Team: Given, Carr (Lough 66), Rozehnal (Edgar 46), Ramage, Huntington, Solano (Barnett 66), Geremi (Dyer 46), N'Zogbia, Milner (Pattison 46), Luque (Carroll 31), Martins (Troisi 46).
    Subs n/u: Harper, Krul, Francis.

Juve: Buffon, Zebina (Chiellini 73), Andrade, Grygera (Zanetti 80), Molinaro (Nocerino 73), Almiron, Iaquinta, Tiago (Palladino 73), Marchionni (Birindelli 80), Nedved, Trezeguet. Subs n/u: Belardi, Salihamidzic, Del Piero, Boumsong, Criscito, Blasi, Legrottaglie.

1-0 Luque
    2-0 Carroll

Anyone have the highlights?

FINALLY SOME TRANSFER NEWS

Looks like we will wrap up Smith today and we are also trying to sign Lyon Brazilian defender Cacapa

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1083371,00.html

Media in Seville say we have agreed a deal for Dragutinovic

• Advertisement

Im not sure why Smith would accept this move, he'll be 4th choice striker and sub midfielder at best surely.. Martins and Owen have to be first choice while Viduka must be next in line with his far superior scoring record. Smith will be called for in certain games when a bit of steel is needed, but i couldnt see him displacing any of the otehr 3 on a long term basis..and he surely doesnt want to go back to being a midfielder again..

Just thought he'd have taken a move where he'd be head honcho rather then have to go through all this struggle yet again at this stage in his career.

I say we may play him as an attacking midfielder, or may even get the ol viduka smith partnership going in some games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Silly move IMO for Smith to move to Newcastle.

Owen, Martins are definately going to be first choice, and i think that Viduka will definately be chosen ahead of him as well! He'll be in the same position as he was at Utd! albeit with slightly more games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah it dont make sense for smith to head to ncastle to be 4th choice again .they must have offered him the most cash or big sam has told him a striker his leaving(martins).cacapa wud be a good buy imo he getting on a bit 31 as far as i know .

wot do u guys think the starting xi will be this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

why another attacking player? smith isnt too bad but with owen,martins,viduka what does smyth bring? pace? owen has that still i hope..

we need to strengthen the back.....badly...spend the big bucks there big sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

BArra wrote:
    why another attacking player? smith isnt too bad but with owen,martins,viduka what does smyth bring? pace? owen has that still i hope..

we need to strengthen the back.....badly...spend the big bucks there big sam

Agreed. Smith is a decent player but was'nt needed imo! we need 2 defeners asap!

It's nice to see Newcastle show a bit of prudence for a change while the likes of City and West Ham splash the cash. Yes, £6m for Smith is quite a lot, but considering what prices Rossi, Richardson (£5.5m!), Chopra and Bent etc. are going for, it's in keeping with the current transfer market inflation. I think we're lucky to be making a profit on Dyer at all when u look at his wages and injury record. Viduka, Geremi, Cacapa on frees, and possibly Dragutinovic for £2.5m is fantastic business.

So many options and formation possibilities!

Goalie; Given, Harper, Krul

fullbacks; Geremi, Solano, Drag, Cacapa, Taylor, Carr, Baba, Huntington, Edgar

centre backs; Rozenthal, Taylor, Cacapa, Ramage, Drag

midfield; Solano, Geremi, Milner, Barton, Emre, Butt, Smith, Duff, N'Zogbia, Luque

forwards; Owen, Martins, Viduka, Smith, Ameobi, Luque, Carroll

Although Drag, Smith and Cacapa have yet to be confirmed, they sound like done deals.

Dioup and Faye are being strongly linked too. The likeliest to leave would be N'Zogbia I think.

Smith has been confirmed, 5 year deal, undisclosed fee.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10278,00.html

Signed Cacapa on a 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd!

and it looks like we have agreed a deal with villareal for spanish u-21 international left back enrique

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2639700,00.html

I think Newcastle are going to cause a lot of upsets next season. The team is totally transformed and upgraded from last year. even the players who were there last year i think will be a different proposition under Alardyce. Im sure Roader is a lovely chap, but he just doesnt strike me as a winner, a man to provoke confidence and strength. I also seem to remember Bolton playing some great football at times particularly at the tail end of the season they just stayed up in with some magnificent performances in the last few weeks, before Sam built the solid team he left. I think we'll see what every newcastle fan has been craving im sure, a solid team that doesnt concede stupid goals, but which also goes forward well, and if Owen and Martins keep fit could be devestating!

Where do yee think Geremi will play for ye? Midfield or right back?

and it looks like we have agreed a deal with villareal for spanish u-21 international left back enrique

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2639700,00.html
    Jeez louise, wow! All Sam's moaning last week must have been a smokescreen for this sudden burst of transfer activity, cos this is really out of the blue. Enrique is by all accounts very highly rated in Spain and the Villarreal fans are apparently going ape over their chairman for letting him go. Up the Toon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

~Rebel~ wrote:

Where do yee think Geremi will play for ye? Midfield or right back?

Right back hopefully as Stephen Carr is an embarrassment there.

Various reports that the Dyer deal has collapsed, with Ashley demanding an extra £2m in compensation for "tapping up", which either WHU or Dyer will have to cough up. Personally I think we should bite their hand off for £6m, but if WHU did tap him up and our new owner can afford to let him rot on the sidelines, then good on him.

Apparently Carr has improved greatly this pre season, still need a new rb but hopefully he can keep it up.

Smith scored on his debut today! 1-0

Apparently we defended greatly today and good performances from geremi,smith and butt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The Daily Express saying Martins is for sale.

• Advertisement

Of all the fúcking teams, why do we have to be playing Bolton (away) next week! I just don't think we're ready. Our pre-season hasn't been too bad, just beset by injuries. Owen and Barton will defo be missing, Emre hasn't played at all, still no Duff, Luque needs more time, Cacapa hasn't had a game either, Given will probably be out now, Enrique will have to be thrown in, and Viduka and Smith haven't had much of a pre-season either. I just hope Bolton are as bad as the last time I saw them when they got thrashed by West Ham in their first game (I think) without Allardyce....

I think we have a had a great pre season, good performances for all the games, we are defending well and going forward well too. geremi has been amazing and i feel he will be our captain for bolton. Smith was great yesterday too! Yeah we have a few injuries but we have brought in more players to cope. Rozenhal looks like a great cb, him taylor in the centre look really solid!
    Bring on bolton next week!!!!

Newspaper reports this morning linking big Sam with a £4m move for Fulhams central defender Diop. Bargain at 4m if we get him!

yeah that wouldnt be a bad signing!

It looks like we are not going to get Drago, he is demands are too high apparently

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Newspaper reports this morning linking big Sam with a £4m move for Fulhams central defender Diop. Bargain at 4m if we get him!
    He could be good but I think we're well covered in central midfield now - Barton, Butt, Emre, Geremi, Smith and Dyer can all do a job there if need be, and if by some miracle they're all fully fit at the same time there should be plenty of competition and some unhappy faces. Too bad about Drago but I expect one or two more defensive signings before the transfer window closes. Our chairman Chris Mort was on BBC Five Live last night saying as much.

Edit: is Diop any good in central defense? I've only ever seen him play midfield.

Gone are the days of Freddie stirring things up in the press. This guy speaks with sense.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2851384.ece

kinaldo wrote:

Edit: is Diop any good in central defense? I've only ever seen him play midfield.

Hes solid as a rock, he'll play more of a sweeper role if hes put in defence. Roll on bolton!!

So it seems Dyer and Solano now want to move to West Ham now for "family reasons", the latter having signed a contract extension only a few months ago. I would hate to see Solano leave but this p1sses me off so much, the timing more than anything. If all these modern day footballers are so desperate to see more of their families then who's stopping them? They could afford their own helicopters if they wanted. And what's with West Ham and their obsession with Newcastle players?

that solano story came from the evening chronicle which is full of shít, i doubt there is any truth in it, just alan oliver trying to stir some shít

• Advertisement

Newcastle 1 - 0 Bolton

N'zogbia free kick, 11 minutes.

Advertisement