Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Transfer Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

2-0 newcastle
    martins

off to a good start, dont crumble defence....please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

2-0 Martins.

Overhead Kick :D:D:D you beauty!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

3-0

martins again?? whats going on haha

haha, sammy lee to be sacked lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Brilliant start to the season lads! Great debut in particular for Big Roz. Roll on Villa next week.

Interesting to see Luque and Dyer omitted from the squad while Solano was on the bench.

Good interview with Big Sam in The Sunday Times this morning.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article2240973.ece

• Advertisement

Kinaldo, Luque injured his groin in a testimonial last week.

Kinaldo, Luque injured his groin in a testimonial last week.
    Good point.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league,

Well made my weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Nice to see the team defending in an organised manner and actually even winning posession in midfield too!! Amazing! Of course the fact that Bolton were pure ****e for the first half of the match helped too.

Still, nice to see that in Rozenhal and Taylor we may have a proper centre back pairing at long fookin last.

And with Cacapa and Enrique breaking into the team over the coming weeks, our defense can only get stronger :)

• Advertisement

Cheers for the memories Nobby, I hope u get relegated with West Ham.
    Newcastle winger Nolberto Solano has asked for a move so he can be closer to his wife and children in London.

The Peru international, 32, is believed to be a target for West Ham after telling Newcastle of his wish to leave.

He said: "A decision will be made in the next couple of days. It's up to the two clubs but I want to go to London because my family have moved there.

"Clubs in Spain also want me but I won't go there, I will only leave Newcastle to go to London."

Solano is in his second spell with the Magpies after a stint with Aston Villa.

The popular midfielder, who was a second-half substitute in Newcastle's win over Bolton at the weekend, was handed a one-year deal in the summer by the club's new manager Sam Allardyce.

But he added: "My wife and I are separated and I miss my children. Sometimes you have to put your family first.

"Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has been great, he's a great man. I've spoken to him and he says he won't stop me leaving.

"Leaving Newcastle will be hard because I feel they are on the verge of something big here."

Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer's proposed move to West Ham collapsed this month because the clubs could not agree on a fee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6945496.stm

More signings and versatility to our squad arriving :)
    nufc.com wrote:
    ...And as for the new faces, with attempts to sign PSG defender Mario Yepes stalling, moves for Barcelona right back Juliano Belletti and Bolton's Abdoulaye Faye are gathering pace.

The latter is claimed to be at an advanced stage, with talk of the player travelling to Tyneside today to complete the formalities.

Faye was conspicuous by his absence at Craven Cottage on Wednesday evening, not named in Bolton's squad for their Premiership game.
    Bolton fans very upset. Apparently Sir Alex has tipped Newcastle to finish 4th this season ahead of Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Faye would be a nice addition alright, jaysus this could be the turn about season

Lets just take it game by game lads, whenever we get excited something bad usually happens :D

Dyer is gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Lets just take it game by game lads, whenever we get excited something bad usually happens :D

Too late too excited , if we beat Villa expectations will go through the roof. As for what Kinaldo said, I think there are a few teams who along with us might expect/hope to get top 4. Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham (though I think they will implode/have imploded), West Ham (god I hope not), us, and even maybe Man City. I think even Man Utd might struggle but they'll get there in the end.

Dyer is gone!

Thank fook, constantly injured and dubious (at best) attitude. And 85 grand a week off the payroll. Knowing Allardyce he'll be able to get two or three players in on that money, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Too late too excited , if we beat Villa expectations will go through the roof. As for what Kinaldo said, I think there are a few teams who along with us might expect/hope to get top 4. Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham (though I think they will implode/have imploded), West Ham (god I hope not), us, and even maybe Man City. I think even Man Utd might struggle but they'll get there in the end.

United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will be the top 4. I think you could pip spurs and Everton to 5th though.
    The big 4 have so much quality in their teams. Probably 7 or 8 players would go straight into Newcastle's first 11, ditto spurs and Everton. I'd imagine the only Newcastle players any of the big 4 would take would be a fit Owen, Martins and Given.
    That said I do like the look of Newcastle. Certainly Euro contenders.

Allardyce has said he is targetting 6th. Personally I would be more than happy with a top ten finish and perhaps a cup run for old times sake. And for the team to defend properly on the way.

On that note, Steven Taylor has been included in the senior England squad announced today, how nice to see a Newcastle defender being picked to (maybe) play for his country :)

I can't wait for Duff to come back, i think under Allardyce he will be able to find his form again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

For me, Newcastle's buy of the season has been Geremi. He's as solid as Steve Finnan or Gary Neville in the right back position and able to stick in a good cross. No drama, no controversy, he just puts his head down and quietly does his job. I can't believe Jose Mourinho has let him go for nothing, he's easily a better player than Glen Johnson.

We seem to be playing him in midfield but id rather have him at right back in stead of carr.

Poor performance today lads, there is very very little creativity from the midfield trio of butt,smith and geremi. I look forward to emre and barton coming back and even duffer.

Also, please sam, im all for 4-3-3 and and 4-5-1 away from home, but please lets play 4-4-2 at home. More performances like that at home and the geordie faithful will not be pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You're unbeaten in three games this season. The geordie faithful should be ecstatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

astrofool wrote:
    You're unbeaten in three games this season. The geordie faithful should be ecstatic.

Its only our second game...:rolleyes:

That was a really dire performance from Newcastle - exactly the type of football I feared when Allardyce's name was linked with us. Honestly, how are players like Martins, Owen, Emre and Barton going to excel playing long ball for 90 minutes? A bit of creativity / imagination and we could have at least caused Villa some problems! "Effective football" as Big Sam calls it is all well and good, but that was far from effective.

Is there any news on Emre? Is he still a Newcastle player?? He hasn't played for us since April but managed to play for Turkey in midweek only to go off injured, again, after 40 minutes. We've hardly seen or heard anything about him since those racism charges.

Disappointing result against Boro, we desperately need a new rb and some creativity. Barton, Emre and Duff can't come back soon enough.

Solano was left out so I presume he'll be moving, and Luque has finally escaped, and I hope he does well at Ajax and proves a few people wrong.

On a more positive note, good to see Mike Ashley show up in a Toon top at the Riverside - great way to shut the media up with these constant looking to sell rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He's as solid as Steve Finnan or Gary Neville in the right back position and able to stick in a good cross.

Its only three/four games in, lets not get carried away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

kinaldo wrote:
    Is there any news on Emre? Is he still a Newcastle player?? He hasn't played for us since April but managed to play for Turkey in midweek only to go off injured, again, after 40 minutes

He was still recovering from ankle surgery and Turkey as always called him up regardless of having not played for the Toon this season yet!!

Shocking, Allerdyce was really concerned about him getting called up as he said he wasn't ready, but look what happened, he had to go, got injured and won't be back for a while, no doubt! Shocking stuff.
    kinaldo wrote:
    Disappointing result against Boro, we desperately need a new rb and some creativity. Barton, Emre and Duff can't come back soon enough.

Couldn't agree more.
    kinaldo wrote:
    Solano was left out so I presume he'll be moving, and Luque has finally escaped, and I hope he does well at Ajax and proves a few people wrong.

I hope Luque does well too, he didn't deserve how Roeder treated him.

I'm not so sure Solano is going anywhere, he is a probably being rested after being in the Peru squad midweek.

Cacapa and Enrique are due to start tonight for the thrilling clash with Barnsley in the League Cup. Carr and Ramage both out for a few weeks so could be seeing Geremi or Solano playing right back tonight.

As for Luque, it's a genuine pity he didn't do well (or even reasonably) at Newcastle but the fact he got injured so soon after arriving and then Roeder obviously didn't want to play him despite us having no fit strikers at one stage this season. Still, it's another 70k a week off the wage bill, thanks Souness :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

We could play Taylor or Geremi at right back so i dont see the need for signing one imo. I dont know why we are in for Faye either, dont rate him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Still, it's another 70k a week off the wage bill, thanks Souness
    Id say that had more to do with Freddy Shepherd than Souness in fairness.

Apparently a decent enough performance albeit against lower league opposition last night, nice to see Owen get a goal on his first start this season and Martins keeping up a good run of form.

Cacapa and Enrique did play and the defence was even somewhat organised according to www.nufc.com :)

It seems the Abdoulaye Faye transfer is on and he had a medical yesterday, and Habib Beye, another defender currently playing for Marseille is going to Newcastle today for a medical and presumable signing.

Mmmm Faye and Beye, tasty bit of defenderness :)

• Advertisement

haha saw that yesterday, thought it was brilliant!

Oh yeah we have Arsenal away in the Carling Cup

Interesting draw, hopefully we can rely on them fielding a weakened team but I imagine Wenger will really want to get one over Allardyce.

Not a suprise really, that we got a big team.
    Still you have to beat these teams at some stage if you want to win a Cup.

Hopefully Sam will have a plan.

Toon old boys Sibierski and Bramble return today, I wonder how they will get on at the gallowgate end? ;)

I doubt sibi will get booed, but bramble will be jeered when he gets the ball, in the hope that he will gift us a goal :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

1-0 and 5th in the table!!:D good to see Owen playing a full game too!

Good goal by Owen, should have been more. We were all over Wigan for the entire match.

Ah yeah, im just glad it wasnt 'one of those days'.

Nice international break now and we are in a good position in the league, with winnable games coming up.

I just hope we wont have any injurys after the international break.

I just hope we wont have any injurys after the international break.

You do know Owen plays for England right? :p

There injury record is almost as bad as ours.

Managed to see the entire match here live and delighted with the performance and result. At times it was the most frustrating game ever to watch, thanks mainly to Steve Bennett, and now I know how Arsenal fans feel every game, because we should have been 6-0 up by half time. Even if we hadn't scored the football we played was infinitely better than our last home game against Villa. It was only Wigan of course but I was particularly impressed with Cacapa and Taylor at the back. Only Smith had a bad game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him left out after that.

Just looking at the squad's incredible makeover, mostly in defense, now that the transfer window has closed.

Transfers out

May 2007 Olivier Bernard DEF Unattached Released
    May 2007 Titus Bramble DEF Unattached Released
    May 2007 Craig Moore DEF Unattached Released
    May 2007 Oguchi Onyewu DEF Standard Liege Loan ended
    May 2007 Pavel Srnicek GKR Unattached Released
    Jun 2007 Kris Gate DEF Unattached Released
    Jun 2007 Chris Shanks DEF Unattached Released
    Jun 2007 Antoine Sibierski FWD Unattached Released
    Jun 2007 Scott Parker MID West Ham United £7m
    Jun 2007 Alan O'Brien MID Hibernian £200K tbc
    Aug 2007 Tim Krul GKR Falkirk 6 month loan
    Aug 2007 Andy Carroll FWD Preston North End 6 month loan
    Aug 2007 Kieron Dyer MID West Ham United fee tbc
    Aug 2007 Paul Huntington DEF Leeds United Undisclosed fee
    Aug2007 Nolberto Solano MID West Ham United £tbc
    Aug 2007 Albert Luque FWD Ajax Undisclosed fee

Transfers In

Jun 2007 Mark Viduka FWD Unattached Free
    Jun 2007 Joey Barton MID Manchester City £5.8M
    Jun 2007 David Rozenhal DEF Paris St.Germain £2.9M & £200K
    Jul 2007 Geremi DEF Chelsea Free
    Aug 2007 Alan Smith FWD Manchester United tbc
    Aug 2007 Cacapa DEF Free agent Free
    Aug 2007 Jose Enrique DEF Villarreal £6m
    Aug 2007 Habib Beye DEF Marseille £tbc
    Aug 2007 Abdoulaye Faye DEF Bolton Wanderers £tbc

All the dead wood bar Carr and Babayaro gone...

replaced by the Marseille and Lyon captains, a Czech international, and a quick, tall, Spanish U21.

A defense of

Given

Taylor/Baye---Cacapa/Taylor--- Roz----Enrique

Faye

is potentially the most solid and physically imposing we've ever seen at Newcastle.

The midfield of

Milner Geremi Barton Emre Butt Smith Zoggy Duff

is fiercely competitive and very hard to choose from

Hopefully Carr and Babayaro won't get another look in, and our strikers will start banging in the goals again.

Well done Big Sam.

N'Zogbia has signed a new five year deal, good news given that Damien 'Physio's Dream' Duff is still out for the forseeable, and that N'Zogbia was linked to Arsenal over the summer.

N'Zogbia has signed a new five year deal, good news given that Damien 'Physio's Dream' Duff is still out for the forseeable, and that N'Zogbia was linked to Arsenal over the summer.

Funny that, I mentioned to my mate today, that it is only becoming apparent now just how bad roeder really was.

He alienated N'Zogbia, who had being making great strides before that, alienated Luque and brought in quite a few rubbish players.

I hope we can move on now, we have gotten rid of quite a lot of the deadwood, in particular Dyer.

I'm hopeful for the next couple of years now :)

Don't forget, Roeder is the reason we are not in the Championship, he saved us from relegation when souness was sacked.

He did a great job the few weeks after souness was sacked and he deserved a shot at the real thing. He had his chance and he didnt do so well.

I hope he does well whatever he does in the future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has rejected the offer of a new five-year contract at St James' Park.

The 21-year-old, whose current deal expires in the summer of 2009, was seeking improved terms but was disappointed with what was offered.

"I only hope that they are not trying to force Steven out," said the player's father and representative Alf Taylor.

"Newcastle is the only club he wants to play for, but he is most disappointed at what they are offering him."

Taylor's father added: "Fans seeing the likes of Albert Luque and Jean-Alain Boumsong coming into the club with massive wages must think Steven is also on big bucks, but that is not the case.

"He is not playing for Newcastle for the money, but because he loves football and the club.

He is not playing for Newcastle for the money

"But having said that, it is a short career and the financial aspect is still important.

"Fortunately, while he is disappointed, Steven has never - nor ever will - let it affect his performance on the field.

"He is a local lad who only wants to play for his local team.

"But perhaps that is why his contract offer is not in the same category as those players who are coming in from all over the place."

Taylor is the cream of the crop of Newcastle's Academy graduates and found himself a regular starter under new manager Sam Allardyce.

He was selected as captain for the England Under-21 side to face Montenegro and was called up for the first time to senior squad for last month's friendly against Germany.
    ffs, pay the guy what he deserves! He's constantly improving and everyone compares him to John Terry although I like to think of him as the English version of Sergio Ramos...

Proof of what a legend he is:

http://www.footytube.com/2007/06/20/netherlands-1-1-england/

What a surprise, Emre gets injured again on international duty. Has he ever actually returned fit??
    Sam Allardyce told Newcastle World TV on Thursday that the 27-year-old was a major doubt for the game at Pride Park having phoned from Turkey to say he was injured.

"Emre came off in the game on Wednesday and has phoned to say he has picked up an injury," said the United boss.

"That's a big disappointment because we had only just got him fit before he went off to play for Turkey.

"He played against Barnsley and could not complete that game and was then unfit for Wigan.

"It's bitterly disappointing that he got injured for Turkey but there's nothing we can do about it.

"The good news is that everyone else has come through without any injuries but obviously there is some fatigue which will have to weigh-up over the next couple of days before picking the strongest side for Barnsley."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1111872,00.html
    Starting to wonder if we'll ever see Barton and Emre play for us, let alone together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement