Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Transfer Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Aye, well said Limerick Dude.

I think we'll get a result against tomorrow night for various reasons. We didn't play particularly badly at Ewood and were quite unlucky to lose, Big Sam has a great record at home to Arsenal, they have a lot of injuries and have had a lot of tough games recently, they don't like it up in the North East, especially in winter, while they're due a bad result and we're due a good one.

Our support at Ewood was fantastic and I hope that carries through at SJP tomorrow night. The support at home is either sh1te or fantastic and I think it will be the latter tomorrow night.

Also I need Emre to play for my fantasy team having radically swapped him for Elano!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If we can get a draw against Arsenal then we know that we're going in the right direction.
    I agree with the previous posts and think that we should give them all the support we can give them.
    We've been through worse *cough* the Souness period.

I read yesterday in the Herald that Given and Harper gave a statement that they are fully backing Allardyce.

I hope Allardyce makes the right decision and plays Emre instead of Barton tonight and has N'Zogbia and Milner starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

When a bad run turns, its usually with a scrappy "how did we get something from that" kind of game.
    I have a feeling you guys will get a point tonight.
    Regarding big Sam, I have to say I am very surprised how badly Newcastle are playing.
    He has been there since April(?) I was sure ye would be very hard to beat and more so very organised by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

uuugh ... i know this is a tough game but ...

FOUR to ONE 4/1 for a home win ????
    Whats happened to us (again) :*(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope Allardyce makes the right decision and plays Emre instead of Barton tonight and has N'Zogbia and Milner starting.

If I know Allardyce (And I don't! :p) He'll put out Barton and try to rough us up as much as he can. I doubt he'll try go win the game early doors in any case, he'll have your lads told to go in hard on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Barton played, roughed em up, job done. He is still not 100% but hes getting there.

Bring on saturday

Tooooooon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

cson wrote: »
    If I know Allardyce (And I don't! :p) He'll put out Barton and try to rough us up as much as he can. I doubt he'll try go win the game early doors in any case, he'll have your lads told to go in hard on us.

I don't like being right sometimes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I was very excited at the prospect of having Allardyce as a manager. I still kinda am.
    It is unfair to just criticise him over our state of play of late even though he has made some ridiculous decisions recently.

He will have to buy more players in January. Mostly defenders I think. I really wouldn't be surprised to see N'Zogbia go to Arsenal. They were looking at him last season.
    I think it's time for Allardyce to leave. He can't keep hiding behind his excuse that it's going to take four or five years to get Newcastle to challenge for the title.

These are definately the funniest posts i've read on these boards in quite a while, the fact they appeared right next to eachother is hilarious.

Good result for ye tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Barton played, roughed em up, job done. He is still not 100% but hes getting there.

Bring on saturday

Tooooooon

A pale shadow of the player who played for Man City though.
    Do they castrate new signings when they arrive or something?
    Has to be something as radical as that because the amount of players that
    immediately fall apart when they wear that jersey is scary!
    Butt, Owen, Viduka, Barton, Duff etc.

Back on track with 3 valuable pts today, desperately need to go to Fulham next week and get an away win.

• Advertisement

Last minute winner was also a nice way to avenge last season's 1-5 catastrophe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think this might be the start of a new day for Big Sam.

PHB wrote: »
    I think this might be the start of a new day for Big Sam.
    QFT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

kinaldo wrote: »
    QFT!

Yeah... and allow me to add this point:

YRHOSNFUT

without forgetting...

HFDMEORHG

Back on track with 3 valuable pts today, desperately need to go to Fulham next week and get an away win.

Hopefully, and will give us a nice boost coming into the christmas games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Playing Derby, Wigan, and Fulham in the next three games, seven points should be the aim, get us up to the 30 point mark or thereabouts. I'll probably regret saying that very soon :)

First part v Fulham complete via a last minute penalty from Joey Barton :)

Starting to get back on track now it seems.

A gritty performance. Not great to watch but at least we didn't look like losing and dominated them for long periods. Two wins in a row and two injury time goals, maybe we've turned the corner. Fulham were terribly though! I was getting depressed at the thought of a 0-0 towards the end. I'm relieved now more than anything else.

A gritty performance. Not great to watch but at least we didn't look like losing and dominated them for long periods. Two wins in a row and two injury time goals, maybe we've turned the corner. Fulham were terribly though! I was getting depressed at the thought of a 0-0 towards the end. I'm relieved now more than anything else.

Yeah but sometimes you have to grind your way out of a bad spell. At least they are starting to show a bit of resolve instead of just folding all the time.

• Advertisement

With Everton, Spurs and Man City all winning and Villa getting a point, it was vital we took 3 pts today. Top 6 is still achievable imo. On the down side that win took Sunderland out of the relegation zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Top 6 is still achievable imo..

You can't be serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

With Everton, Spurs and Man City all winning and Villa getting a point, it was vital we took 3 pts today. Top 6 is still achievable imo. On the down side that win took Sunderland out of the relegation zone.

Did sunderland not draw?

DSB wrote: »
    You can't be serious?
    Obviously I'm serious. Have you seen the table? We're a whopping 5 pts behind Everton and Pompey. We made something like 9 new signings in the summer, mostly good players, and the team's performances can only really improve. Also Damien Duff is on his way back not to mention Saint Michael.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Did sunderland not draw?
    Yes, but had Fulham taken a point Sunderland would still be in the bottom 3.

Obviously I'm serious. Have you seen the table? We're a whopping 5 pts behind Everton and Pompey. We made something like 9 new signings in the summer, mostly good players, and the team's performances can only really improve. Also Damien Duff is on his way back not to mention Saint Michael.

Yeah but you are yet to play Man United or Chelsea at all. Nor have you played Arsenal or Liverpool away from home. And being realistic you wouldn't have a better team than Everton, Man City, Villa, Portsmouth or Tottenham at all.

Yeah but you are yet to play Man United or Chelsea at all. Nor have you played Arsenal or Liverpool away from home. And being realistic you wouldn't have a better team than Everton, Man City, Villa, Portsmouth or Tottenham at all.
    No reason why we can't ruffle a few feathers in those games. As for having a better team than our rivals, player for player I would argue yes. On paper. Also lol at your mention of Spurs, still the most overrated bunch of players ever!

Overrated, yes. Worse than Newcastle, no. And yeah of course it is possible that you may get the odd result out of those 6 games. But I wouldn't exactly be banking on taking a huge amount of points from them really. Which would of course have a huge effect on getting 5th place.

Overrated, yes. Worse than Newcastle, no. And yeah of course it is possible that you may get the odd result out of those 6 games. But I wouldn't exactly be banking on taking a huge amount of points from them really. Which would of course have a huge effect on getting 5th place.
    I said top 6, top 5 might be a push too far at this stage. Also our last 4 results against Spurs: 3-1, 3-2, 3-1, 3-1. Yes I think we have the beating of them alright.

• Advertisement

Surely you're not suggesting that head-to-head record is an accurate indicator of who is the better team?

Surely you're not suggesting that head-to-head record is an accurate indicator of who is the better team?
    No, but we are.

Can't say I agree with you there. I've always felt Newcastle and Liverpool have felt they were always much better than they were. Then with Tottenham its everyone else who thinks they're better than they are haha.

Very doubtful we'd finish 5th or 6th this season. I'd be more than happy with a top half finish and some signs of progression as a team and/or some reasonable defending along the way.

Just to let everyone know, Duffer got through 90 minutes in yesterdays friendly against boro and he scored.
    Sam wont risk him on sunday but he should have a role to play on st.stephens day.
    Same with Owen wont be risked for sunday but should be available on wednesday.

Taylor will be back for sunday but not Faye even though he did play 90 minutes yesterday in the friendly.

In other news we have signed highly rated 17 year old Ben Tozer from Swindon, he's a centre back.

Sam is also looking to buy 3 players in the January transfer window,http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2992103,00.html

Its quite important we get reinforcments during the window as we are losing 4 first team players due to the African cup of nations, Beye, Faye, Geremi and Martins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

God bless Viduka the fat coont!! We need to seriously splash some cash for a decent centre back in January!

• Advertisement

Rozehnal looked dodgy today, Cacapa was ok enough, I think taylor and faye are our best centre back partnership.

Annoyed that we only got the point today, 3 would of sent us into the wigan game flying. Good to see duffer back and emre playing so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ye are truly the worst team in the Prem! I had the misfortune/facination to watch that match.

I can only have pity for you. Newcastle don't need to spend money they need to sack the entire squad and management team, sell the Stadium (its proberly worth a fortune as shopping centre land) and start fresh with a blank sheet of paper and a field.

Mike.

Hahahaha true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

What the hell is with us?

We are the biggest yoyo form team I have ever known, we just don't seem to ever be able to push on when we put a few good results together.

Its because you aren't a good team like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Its because you aren't a good team like.

So are you here to just troll the thread or do you have anything of substance to add to the debate?

Troll? I was just clarifying for you that theres no weirdness about it like you seem to imply. The reason you don't put good runs together is because you aren't a good team. The side aren't underachieving at all. They are performing to about their actual level.

People who don't support Newcastle don't seem to have a clue. Some really idiotic posts above, not even worth replying to.

i have to admit i am actually quite happy to see "big sam" crash and burn. Wonder if he is in the mood to give an interview questioning Rafas abilities or callin rafa lucky now?

bye bye sam, bullet within 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Big Sam was within a goal of getting the chop over Xmas, had Derby done the double while being unable to beat anyone else that would surely have been it. Still he's proberly going to survive a bit longer and ye olde reliable cheque-book shall be opened in January so another 10-15 million can be blown.

Mike.

uughh really though we were actually capable of forming a string of half decent results ... but it seems everytime i get a bit of faith, no one appears to care and we play like yesterday. Almost like they have it in their heads that, as long as their necks aren't on the line, they dont need to put the workrate in.

getting really tired of it but 9th is still better then i would expect watching some of the games.

and just in case you missed it

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will spend New Year in jail after being remanded on charges of common assault and affray.

The 25-year-old was arrested in Liverpool early on Thursday following an alleged incident in the city centre.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8701_3007922,00.html

Mirror saying the Newcastle fans are demanding Sam gets the sack and is replaced with Shearer? Surely thats some sort of joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

It's being reported seriously. Apparently the fans were singing "we're s**t and we're sick of it" at the Wigan match.
    Shearer is not a manager, I hope he'd never consider it (now anyway!)

Got to remember Ashley sits with the supporters so anything is possible

365 is reporting that he has three games to turn this around
    chelsea/man c/stoke - with rumours of Jol been offered the job

• Advertisement
Advertisement