Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Transfer Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Looks like we are in the "Advanced stages" of trying to resign Jonathon Woodgate!

http://nufcblog.com/2008/01/23/transfer-news/newcastle-close-to-signing-jonathan-woodgate/

Not sure about that to be honest, but of the rumours about Pandev are true that would be SWEET!

Other rumours include,

Michael Carrick – Manchester United
    Wayne Bridge – Chelsea
    Wes Brown – Manchester United
    Deco - Barcelona
    Jermain Defoe – Tottenham Hotspur
    Johan Elmander - Toulouse FC
    Barry Robson - Dundee United
    Shaun Wright-Phillips - Chelsea
    Carlos Cuellar - Rangers
    Sol Campbell - Portsmouth
    Marek Cech - FC Porto
    Nicky Shorey – Reading
    John Arne Riise - Liverpool
    Daniel Van Buyten – Bayern Munich
    Dean Ashton - West Ham
    David Beckham – LA Galaxy
    David Bentley. - Blackburn

I wouldn't mind any of the players I have put in bold there, not too sure about the rest of them.

Keegan is rumoured to have £30 million to spend in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope he doesn't rush his signings. Summer will be key for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Elmander would be a quality signing, he's been fantastic for Toulouse this season, and in general since he signed for them. Been linked with a lot of clubs recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I really think Newcastle fans are deluding themselves to the calibre of player they will be able to sign.

evilhomer wrote: »
    Looks like we are in the "Advanced stages" of trying to resign Jonathon Woodgate!

http://nufcblog.com/2008/01/23/transfer-news/newcastle-close-to-signing-jonathan-woodgate/

Not sure about that to be honest, but of the rumours about Pandev are true that would be SWEET!

Other rumours include,

Michael Carrick – Manchester United
    Wayne Bridge – Chelsea
    Wes Brown – Manchester United
    Deco - Barcelona
    Jermain Defoe – Tottenham Hotspur
    Johan Elmander - Toulouse FC
    Barry Robson - Dundee United
    Shaun Wright-Phillips - Chelsea
    Carlos Cuellar - Rangers
    Sol Campbell - Portsmouth
    Marek Cech - FC Porto
    Nicky Shorey – Reading
    John Arne Riise - Liverpool
    Daniel Van Buyten – Bayern Munich
    Dean Ashton - West Ham
    David Beckham – LA Galaxy
    David Bentley. - Blackburn

I wouldn't mind any of the players I have put in bold there, not too sure about the rest of them.

Keegan is rumoured to have £30 million to spend in January.

I think u should hold out hope for the ones u HAVENT highlighted (except Wes Brown, he should be highlighted, has been excellent this season, and Beckham who is not leaving that bumper paypacked he has in LA and would also be excellent for anyone in the Premiership, despite his age).

Be realistic here, no promise of European football, no realistic League challenge at least for a few years while they rebuild = not having the same pull as the current top 6/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I really think Newcastle fans are deluding themselves to the calibre of player they will be able to sign.
    Oi!!

Were not being deluded, were simply stating the players we have been linked with in the media, that is all.

I'm pretty sure there is Newcastle fans frequenting this thread who think they can attract the likes of Deco, Berbatov, even Wright Phillips/Bentley would leave me pretty shocked tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'm pretty sure there is Newcastle fans frequenting this thread who think they can attract the likes of Deco, Berbatov, even Wright Phillips/Bentley would leave me pretty shocked tbh

We can hopefully. It's a time of change at Newcastle, whether it be good, or bad things are gonna be different. I reckon we could make some big name signings and at least finish in the top half of the table this season. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Just like Liverpool fans were deluding themselves by thinking they can win the league this season, Man Utd fans deluding themselves that theirs is the biggest club in the world, and Spurs fans thinking they could crack the top four this season at the expense of Arsenal. Aren't we all so high and mighty when it comes to Newcastle? **** off!

kinaldo wrote: »
    Just like Liverpool fans were deluding themselves by thinking they can win the league this season, Man Utd fans deluding themselves that theirs is the biggest club in the world, and Spurs fans thinking they could crack the top four this season at the expense of Arsenal. Aren't we all so high and mighty when it comes to Newcastle? **** off!

+1

:)

• Advertisement

Have to post this cracking retort from nufc.com to the latest anti-Newcastle diatribe in the press
    Mag Bashing Part 87:
    Dennis the menace

Hopefully you didn't have the misfortune to come across this rotten piece of journalism in the self-proclaimed "world's greatest newspaper"* (that's the Daily Express if you hadn't guessed...!).

Egotist and Sky favourite, Mick Dennis, did what any lazy journalist does and picked some attendance figures out of nowhere to try and justify his own small-minded agenda:

Newcastle (population 280,000) had an average attendance of just 16,879 when they had a dodgy season in what is now the Championship in 1991. Norwich (population 126,000) had an average of 24,545 last season despite a dismal Championship campaign.

Or what about Leeds? They know a bit more about disappointment than Newcastle, I’d suggest, yet in the third tier attendances have averaged more than 27,000.

When Manchester City were playing at that level, they drew an average of 28,273. Nottingham Forest, another club who could tell Newcastle a tale or too about unfulfilled hopes, managed an average of 20,612 in League One last season.

Of course, attendances are not the only measure of loyalty or passion. That’s why I’d nominate the supporters of Rochdale as being truly remarkable. There are fewer than 3,000 hardcore fans, but they punt up week after week to cheer, despite having precious little to cheer about. Dale are the least successful club in the history of the Football League.

This was preceded by this patronising and ill-judged twaddle:

KEVIN KEEGAN has achieved something nobody else in Newcastle’s long history has managed. He has made the rest of the country loathe them.

For generations most of us have rather liked Geordies. On the whole they are sociable folk, and it is good they have a strong sense of identity and are proud of their area and its heritage.

Most of us have quite liked their football club as well. And we have empathised with their lack of trophies, and cherish memories of the kamikaze style they developed the last time Keegan was in charge.

But his third coming as a Messiah has helped sustain the Geordie delusion that Newcastle are a “special” club, whose success is pre-ordained – and that has infuriated the rest of the land beyond endurance.

Where to begin....

We're not sure where Mick got his population stats from but 2001 census figures state that the urban sub-areas and surrounding conurbations are as follows (see here):

443,247 Leeds (W.Yorkshire 1,499,465)
    394,269 Manchester (Greater Manchester 2,240,430)
    249,584 Nottingham (Nottingham Urban area 666,358)
    189,863 Newcastle (Tyneside 879,996)
    174,047 Norwich (Norfolk 816,500)

If Dennis is using local authority stats then they make our point even more:

750,200 Leeds
    452,000 Manchester
    286,400 Nottingham
    270,500 Newcastle
    129,500 Norwich

Comparing Newcastle's attendances in 1990-91 with Nottingham Forest's or Norwich's in 2006-07 is absolutely ludicrous.

How about comparing our 1990-91 average (16,879) languishing in Division 2 with Norwich's in 1990-91 (15,468) mid-table in Division 1?

Or how about the season before - Newcastle (21,590) in Division 2 compared to Brian Clough's League Cup winners Forest (20,606) in Division 1. Oh, and Nottingham's population is larger. It may not be a one club city but County's average that season was only 6,151 while our near neighbours averaged 17,987.

And what about Leeds?? That'll be another one club city, just like us, but with a population more than double. Leeds won the First Division Championship with an average crowd of 29,459 in 1991-92 - just 26,582 turned up for the penultimate home league game. A year later we won Division 2 with an average of 29,018.

And what about the 80s Mick? Leeds' averages were 15,994 (1982-83), 15,493 (1983-84), 15,161 (1984-85), 13,259 (1985-86) which included three sub-10,000 home league crowds and an amazing 2,274 (not a typo) for a Full Members Cup game against Yorkshire rivals Sheffield United.

And then there's Manchester City....

If Newcastle ever tumbled into the third tier and were immediately promoted we'd suggest attendances would be at least 28,000, if not more. But why pick out our 1990-91 season and compare it to their 1998-99 season?

Let's look at their 1964-65 average crowd (14,753) in Division 2 and compare it with ours (35,659) also in Division 2. Or the season before when City finished above us in Division 2 (18,201) compared to our 29,426.

Or we could get really silly and look at our 56,283 average in Division 2 and compare it with City's 42,725 in Division 1 in the 1947-48 season. Judging by Mick's craggy features, he can probably remember it.

We also feel obliged to mention City's 3,007 for their game against Mansfield (658 were away fans) in their promotion winning season 1998-99. Auto Windscreen Trophy it may have been but where were they when they were sh*t?

The Rochdale stuff is just plain barking. Every league team in the land has a hard core of 2,000 who will turn up to every game. So what? Rochdale deserve no more plaudits than anyone else.

To quote Brian Tabner's Through the Turnstiles,

"Rochdale have always struggled at the turnstiles. In only two seasons since 1921 have they finished with an above average attendance, the most recent being 1926-27. They have finished as the worst supported League club six times...."

If Mick doesn't like us or Kevin Keegan any more, then fine, we don't really care but to try and justify it with meaningless attendance statistics just makes him look an even bigger twit than he does already. And that takes some doing....

Mick finishes his article by stating:

Keegan, from Doncaster, tells us that Newcastle are a unique club, with unique supporters who deserve success. He makes it sound like an evangelical crusade. He said something similar when he took over at Manchester City, by the way, and it is wrong-headed bunkum.

When he tells us that we don’t understand the passion of the Newcastle fans, it is an affront that has enraged the rest of the country.

We do understand it. We share it. It is the way we feel about our clubs.

Well why doesn't Mick do what most passionate supporters do and concern themselves with their own club? Because Mick knows that stories about Keegan and Newcastle sell his rag more than other manager or club.

Now why's that we wonder? It can't be the population size of the North East....

* The Daily Express is actually 78th in this list of world newspapers....
    http://www.nufc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

+2 glad to see some realisim been thrown back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

I think its time for Keegan to move on, he has had two games in charge now and not a single goal. OUT OUT OUT!

Woodgate turns down Spurs in favour of a return to Newcastle.

Great to have him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Source?

I think I spoke too soon. KK just said Woodgate is not coming home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I think I spoke too soon. KK just said Woodgate is not coming home.

Isn't he already home? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

whats the deal with woodgate? 2 teams agree fees and one backs out ? Did he want stupid money or something?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Murtinho wrote: »
    Seriously though, his next two are Arsenal away, then they have Villa away, Utd, Blackburn and Liverpool. There's a reasonable chance they wont score a single goal until mid March!

180 minutes, no goals for Keegan,,,Arsenal, Villa, Utd, Blackburn & Pool coming up:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Rumours going around that the Players feel Keegan hasn't clue, his team talks are comical!

Villain wrote: »
    Rumours going around that the Players feel Keegan hasn't clue, his team talks are comical!
    I think that's just part of the News of the World's anti-Newcastle campaign.

I don't know I reckon some of the players might just wonder what on earth is going on.

I don't know I reckon some of the players might just wonder what on earth is going on.
    Based on what, their "Toon insider"?

Based on the fact Keegan hadn't watched a live game in 3 years before been signed by Newcastle, he went out on a high and was always going to be King Kev but sadly I don't think he will be remembered too fondly after this stint. Its only my opinion but I think he's well past it and I thinks its a huge step back for Newcastle that could take them years to get over.

• Advertisement

yeah, i heard that on five live last night, a few callers were concerned that he could walk out any minute, he might realise he's in way over his over head. They were saying he had a look similar to after the Germany home loss after Arsenal on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Leeds United boss Dennis Wise will be offered a role in Newcastle's coaching set-up, BBC Leeds understands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7213096.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

180 minutes, no goals for Keegan,,,Arsenal, Villa, Utd, Blackburn & Pool coming up:eek:

1 shot on target in 180 minutes as well

bring back big sam! ;)

Denis Wise to save the day, at least he'll give a teamtalk, I can see their dressing room scene now:

Wise "Kick them hard lads, every time they get the ball kick hit them and make sure they know you hit them, over to Kev"

Keegan "Emm yea emmm yea Kick them emmm and pass the ball emmmm good luck and remember its KING Kev not gaffer"

• Advertisement

Oh and Villain, if you even saw any of the game on saturday we outplayed arsenal in the 1st half and were extremely unlucky not to score!

Also, whats all this about Keegan not having a clue? You really have to stop reading the shítty tabloids,

Here are quotes from duffer today

And the Irish winger believes that the Magpies can be encouraged by their attacking efforts in that opening period as they prepare for Tuesday's league trip to the Emirates.

"Things are definitely improving here with a new manager," said Duff.

"In the first half we played Arsenal off the park.

"We limited them to long-range shots and got into some really good positions, but we just couldn't capitalise.

"I don't think the scoreline was a fair reflection on the game.

"We took our foot of the gas in the second half, and when you do against a team like Arsenal you get punished."

While Duff was also quick to pay tribute to the 5,000-strong contingent of United supporters who cheered their side from start to finish during the fourth round encounter.

"Our fans backed us all of the way through," he added.

"Fair play to them for that, there were so many of them at Arsenal and it's such a long way to come.

"It would have been great to go in at half-time ahead.

"We were happy enough and we thought we could nick something, but it wasn't meant to be."

and Taylor before the arsenal game at the weekend.

There's been a massive lift in the mood and the players want to get spirits high," the England Under-21 skipper told Newcastle World TV.

"Kevin wants to get the lads playing football again and the training has been very high intensity.

"There's been a lot of ball work but it's been good and we're all enjoying it."

The Toon Army couldn't have been handed a tougher tie after overcoming the challenge of Championship outfit Stoke City at the second time of asking in the Third Round.

But Geordie defender Steven is confident that a Keegan-inspired United will be in the hat for Monday's afternoon Fifth Round draw.

"We're going to Arsenal with a whole new belief," he added.

"But we're also confident because we've played well against the top sides so far this season and we got a good result against Arsenal at St.James'.

"There's no reason why we can't go there and get a result this time.

"They will want to bounce back from the disappointment of the Spurs game but hopefully we'll be able to catch them while they're down.

"We will have to be at our best and it's going to be tough."

So you cant stick that bullshít up your arse ;)

LOL tbh signing Denis Wise up says enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's a strange one, Sky were saying it was more of an 'upstairs' role for Wise. Don't think he'll be involved in the football side of things. Strange for such a young manager to take that kind of role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Strange for such a young manager to take that kind of role.
    Look at it this way.

How long will Keegan last? Wise will be a shoe in for the job next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

"In the first half we played Arsenal off the park.

Having seen the match he is well wide of the mark,yes Newcastle had three very good chances in the first 30 mins but thats about it imo.

Far too early to judge Newcastle at this stage.

Dennis Wise quits Leeds to sign up for Newcastle revolution
    Matt Hughes

Dennis Wise will be confirmed as the new general manager of Newcastle United today as the centrepiece of a significant restructuring of the club.

In the biggest changes since Mike Ashley bought Newcastle last summer, The Times can reveal that Tony Jimenez, a London-based property developer, will join the board as a vice-president and Jeff Vetere, a scout for Real Madrid, will be appointed as technical director to complete a continental-style management structure working in support of Kevin Keegan.

Keegan has been aware of Ashley’s plans to create a multi-tiered management team since he returned to the club as manager a fortnight ago, but had little say over its composition. It is understood that Wise, the Leeds United manager, was already being lined up before he was appointed. “I am very happy [about the situation],” Keegan said yesterday after further discussions with Chris Mort, his chairman. “That’s a fact.”

Leeds confirmed yesterday that they had agreed a compensation package with Newcastle for Wise and he will leave after preparing the team for tonight’s Coca-Cola League One match against Southend United at Roots Hall.

Keegan resumed talks with Alan Shearer last night about the former Newcastle captain taking up a part-time position probably coaching the forwards but Shearer will not be offered a senior role within the new structure. Wise’s appointment should not affect those discussions, however, as his remit will not include coaching and he will be primarily charged with identifying talent and buying players in the manner of a director of football. Wise and Vetere will make the initial assessment before calling in Jimenez to do the deal, though Newcastle insist that Keegan will have the final say.

While many Newcastle fans will be stunned at the recruitment of such a controversial character as Wise, it is even more surprising that he has chosen to abandon his management career after mounting an impressive promotion challenge with Leeds, despite the handicap of a 15-point penalty.

The Times understands, however, that Wise has told friends he no longer wants to be a manager after becoming disillusioned with the job since the departure of Gustavo Poyet, his assistant, to Tottenham Hotspur. His new position will also enable him to spend more time at the family home in Buckinghamshire as he will not be required to move to the North East.

Wise will work closely with Vetere and Jimenez, who was intimately involved in his appointment and whose work for the club will be formalised when he is appointed in a part-time position today. Although his background is in property, the Spanish-speaking Jimenez is well connected in football and has a reputation as an astute deal-maker, helping to bring Juande Ramos to Tottenham as head coach before beginning work for Newcastle late last year.

Jimenez has known Wise since the latter’s playing days at Chelsea a decade ago and the pair have maintained a close friendship.

Vetere will also have a crucial role because, in contrast with Keegan’s first period in charge, when he scrapped the reserve team, Newcastle are pinning their hopes on youth development, hoping to follow the successful models in place at Arsenal and Seville by filling their academy with the best players from all over the world.

The multilingual Vetere began his career as a youth-team manager at Rushden & Diamonds, but he was appointed overseas co-ordinator at Charlton Athletic by Alan Curbishley, who also took him to West Ham United before Vetere left for Real.

On another remarkable day on Tyneside, Keegan confirmed that Joey Barton, who is on bail over an assault charge, is set to be named on the substitutes’ bench for tonight’s league fixture away to Arsenal. Barton was residing at the Sporting Chance clinic in Hampshire but now has a nightly curfew at his North East home at 7.30pm, except on match days. “His football has to do his talking now,” Keegan said.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3267393.ece
    DWise men bring a variety of skills to the back room
    George Caulkin

Newcastle United’s attempt to restructure the club means that a new team will be in place behind the scenes at St James’ Park. One is a familiar face, but the other two newcomers are less well known.

Dennis Wise
    St James’ Park, it seems, has an eternal fascination for football’s bad boys. Wise would point out that he is a different person from the snarling character who was adored by Chelsea fans and loathed by just about everyone else. He has overcome scepticism from Leeds United fans, as well as a 15-point deduction, to hoist the club into a strong position in Coca-Cola League One.

Yet the 41-year-old is understood to be pining for a break from management - he has also had spells at Millwall, Southampton (as caretaker) and Swindon Town. His family have not settled in Yorkshire and his new role – which can be filed under the bracket of general manager – should allow him to spend two or three days a week at his Buckinghamshire home.

Duties beckoning for Wise will include scouting, but Kevin Keegan, the manager, will have the final say on acquisitions. Chris Mort, the chairman, has also placed great emphasis on developing the club’s academy.

Tony Jimenez
    Set to be named Newcastle’s new vice-president today, he is a friend of Paul Kemsley, the former Tottenham Hotspur vice-chairman. In turn, Kemsley is tight with Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, while Jimenez has a long association with Wise, having established a wide network of contacts in football through his background in property development. So the circle is squared.

Jimenez has a reputation as a Mr Fixit, having played a significant role in Tottenham’s capture of Juande Ramos. He was also instrumental in Keegan’s return to Tyneside. He will grease the wheels for transfer deals to be finalised. The model being established is a continental one, where young, talented players are targeted and either integrated into the first team or sold at a profit. Keegan, who knew about the plans before returning to Newcastle, is said to be satisfied that there will be no interference in his domain.

A former director of Casa Sports Holdings Ltd, an agency whose clients included Celestine Babayaro, who had an ill-fated period at Newcastle, Jiminez was in Spain last night, scouting for youth-team players.

Jeff Vetere
    A former apprentice at Luton Town, he rose from a youth coaching role at Rushden & Diamonds to become Charlton Athletic’s overseas scouting co-ordinator. Fluent in Italian and Spanish, he has since worked for Real Madrid but will take the title of technical director, which will mean an international scouting role. Credited with an encyclopaedic knowledge of footballers, Vetere will be expected to use his broad range of skills to help Newcastle to restock their youth and reserve ranks with exciting prospects.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3267400.ece
    Interesting.

Yeah, sounds promising, at least Keegan can fully concentrate on the 1st team and let these lads do all the business stuff in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What will Dennis Wise bring to Newcastle?? Stupid appointment imo.

270,,mins

looked brutal again tonight, they're not like spurs who will probably look like a top 6 side once they get their two new defenders in, Newcastle are7 or 8 decent players away from top 6.

given is about the only player worthy of a top 6 side, Barton on his day and with his sanity perhaps, Owen maybe has it in him, duff perhaps, as a unit they look clueless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We lack so much confidence anytime we concede a goal. What happened to the signing of Edmilson from Barcelona? I know it was Sam's idea to bring him but Kev really needs to do something with this team. I have a feeling that we could be fighting a relegation battle for the remainder of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

270,,mins

looked brutal again tonight, they're not like spurs who will probably look like a top 6 side once they get their two new defenders in, Newcastle are7 or 8 decent players away from top 6.

given is about the only player worthy of a top 6 side, Barton on his day and with his sanity perhaps, Owen maybe has it in him, duff perhaps, as a unit they look clueless

Did you or anyone expect two away trips to the emirates to be much different? Seriously.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Did you or anyone expect two away trips to the emirates to be much different? Seriously.

apparently they've had two shots on target in three games! They got rid of Sam for a lot less. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

apparently they've had two shots on target in three games! They got rid of Sam for a lot less. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

They got rid of Sam well before they should have. But now that the deed has been done, patience will be required - particularly given the tough fixtures ahead over the next five weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Were ye expecting to beat Arsenal? I think you have to give Keegan at least till the end of next season. I thought Newcastle looked up for it in both games against Arsenal and we're just unlucky they came up against a top side in good form. I reckon ye'll thump Boro at the weekend. You can already see Milner and Duff starting to play better. Owens been getting awful stick but last night he was half a yard from being 1 on 1 loads of time. Against lesser teams ye'll get that half a yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Thought this might give you lot a laugh!!

go'on the owen !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

After watching the refs performance in the first half of the Spurs v Manu on Saturday, I thought the standard couldn't be any worse! but I was wrong! The Newcastle v Boro game had more bad decisions than you are likely to see in ANY division.
    I think a draw was a fair result over 90 minutes, but the ref and his assistants stole the show, I think they should have had a drugs test never mind an eye test!

Pretty woeful stuff from the referee and the assistant.

Owen's disallowed goal at the start should of been allowed, he made no contact with the goalie whatsoever.

Also with Huth's equaliser there were clearly 2 boro players on an offside position who were disrupting the play.

Gah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

I predicted that Newcastle form would continue under Kevin Keegan, but i acutally think its getting worse, so far i cant see what changes he has made on the field to the playing side
    ( Results Business ) before you start according Newcastle fans.

I dont think anyone in this country or England feel sorry Newcastle fans, nothing more then you lot deserve for forcing Sam Allardyce out and ones before himself. I do feel sorry for the players what they must they have being thinking when they joined.

Advertisement