Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Transfer Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

As a Toon fan, that's the best performance I have seen in a long long time.

All too often the lads have dropped the heads after going 1 nil down this season, but that was just an awesome display. We honestly could have had another 2 or 3 on top of that.

I always felt that once Keegan got to the realistic fixtures, he'd build some confidence and momentum and turn the corner.

In the past we'd churn out a decent result form nowhere and then go and lose to Derby or something, but the way the midfield and front men have been playing lately I can only see us building on this result.

Howay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

The Confidence has returned to them i think ... great result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

What a ****ing result! Yaaaaaaaaaay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Paul Robinson made two fantastic saves at 1-2 and I thought, oh no not again, but thankfully we sealed a fully deserved win! great perfomance!

Im starting to look at some of the upcoming fixtures with a bit of optimism now!

Saturday, 05 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Reading, 15:00

Saturday, 12 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Portsmouth v Newcastle, 17:15

Sunday, 20 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Sunderland, 13:30

Saturday, 26 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    West Ham v Newcastle, 15:00

Saturday, 03 May 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Chelsea, 15:00

Sunday, 11 May 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Everton v Newcastle, 15:00

The next four are winnable i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As a Gooner, I'm absolutely delighted for ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

On the back of one of todays papers it said Given has been told he is surplus to requirements :confused:

Fair enough. I hope Keegan and the clown army are fighting to avoid relegation to League 2 in a few years. Why arguably the prems best keeper (better than Cech IMO, tied with Reina) has stayed with them so long I dont know. His only failing is his unfortunate run of injury luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wow, I always thought if they could beat Fulham they'd regain their confidence and go on a good run.
    But never expected this result, fantastic!

Next game is at home to Reading, certainly winnable and hopefully this go on a great run until the end of season

Selling Given? Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Newcastle v Reading, WIN

Portsmouth v Newcastle, DRAW

Newcastle v Sunderland, WIN

West Ham v Newcastle, DRAW

Newcastle v Chelsea, LOSS

Everton v Newcastle, LOSS

IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You could catch Villa at the rate you are converging! ;)

Mike.

• Advertisement

shane86 wrote: »
    On the back of one of todays papers it said Given has been told he is surplus to requirements :confused:

Fair enough. I hope Keegan and the clown army are fighting to avoid relegation to League 2 in a few years. Why arguably the prems best keeper (better than Cech IMO, tied with Reina) has stayed with them so long I dont know. His only failing is his unfortunate run of injury luck.

And we all know that the papers are gospel.

Southern based media will try and get up Keegan's back anyway they can. This is just another example of it.

Given has been a great servant, and has more years left in him, but Cech is the better keeper. TBH there's not much between Given and Harper (after Cech and Cudicini, the Best No.1 and No.13 in the league). As good as Shay is though, his inability to deal with a back pass or kickout really hurts his overall game.

mike65 wrote: »
    You could catch Villa at the rate you are converging! ;)

Mike.

It would be nice seeing as I have a bet with one of mates (who's a Villa fan) as to who's side would finish higher, but they're a touch to far for us.

Would like to see the lads target Spurs position though, only 4 pts in it.

Newcastle v Reading, WIN

Portsmouth v Newcastle, LOSS

Newcastle v Sunderland, DRAW

West Ham v Newcastle, WIN

Newcastle v Chelsea, LOSS

Everton v Newcastle, DRAW

IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Awesome performance. Spurs were woeful but nevertheless, WHL is a tricky ground, as Chelsea, Pompey and Man Utd have recently found out. Having said that I wouldn't mind playing this lot every week (Martins must feel the same). Our last 5 against the southern softies reads:

W 1-4 A
    W 3-1 H
    W 2-3 A
    W 3-1 H
    W 3-1 H

As I said yesterday
    kinaldo wrote:
    I reckon we can get a good result tomorrow. Newcastle and Keegan enjoy playing Spurs.
    Now let's overtake them!

kinaldo wrote: »
    Now let's overtake them!

Here Here!

Nice to be finally looking up the table rather than down it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If we were to follow that list we'd be exactly where we are, if not worse, for the next 3-4 years.

Way to miss my point.

You, just as we did, have to rebuild an entire squad. We ditched Poyet, Ziege, Richards, Keller, Doherty, Carr, Taricco, Ricketts, Jackson from out first team squad that summer. Yes, not many of the players we brought in are still at the club but they were an improvement on the dross they replaced, and we finished the next season (despite Santini stepping down) in 9th place, only 3pts off a European place and 6pts off 5th place, when we'd finished the previous season in 14th (and but for two wins in our last two games we'd have finished just above the drop zone).

Mendes, Carrick, Robinson, Brown and Ziegler all proved their worth that season IMO, and both Edman and Pamarot were improvements at full back. Naybet was a hugely important signing, providing a wise head to help bring King and Dawson along as defenders, Davids provided the same role the following season.

They were the foundation on whcih the following season's squad was built which allowed for 5th place and European football.

Congratulations on today.

Way to miss my point.

You, just as we did, have to rebuild an entire squad. We ditched Poyet, Ziege, Richards, Keller, Doherty, Carr, Taricco, Ricketts, Jackson from out first team squad that summer. Yes, not many of the players we brought in are still at the club but they were an improvement on the dross they replaced, and we finished the next season (despite Santini stepping down) in 9th place, only 3pts off a European place and 6pts off 5th place, when we'd finished the previous season in 14th (and but for two wins in our last two games we'd have finished just above the drop zone).

Mendes, Carrick, Robinson, Brown and Ziegler all proved their worth that season IMO, and both Edman and Pamarot were improvements at full back. Naybet was a hugely important signing, providing a wise head to help bring King and Dawson along as defenders, Davids provided the same role the following season.

They were the foundation on whcih the following season's squad was built which allowed for 5th place and European football.

Congratulations on today.
    If Spurs are the model for success then dare I say it, let's build a new model!

If Spurs are the model for success then dare I say it, let's build a new model!

14th
    9th
    5th
    5th
    Midtable but a trophy (remember what they're like? ;))

Our last five seasons.

But yeah, splash the cash, that's bound to work...

Amazing what two wins will do for your voice, hardly heard a peep out of you the last while?

Amazing what two wins will do for your voice, hardly heard a peep out of you the last while?
    Actually a draw against Birmingham was enough for me to regain my voice.

Sing when you're not losing...

• Advertisement

Sing when you're not losing...
    I sing when we put in a performance, win, lose or draw. Otherwise I cry.

FWIW, here here a few players I could see being interested in a move to Newcastle who would improve your squad:

Wes Brown - still not signed new contract at ManYoo
    Stewart Downing - outgrown a sh1t Boro team
    Dean Ashton - Things will go sour for Curbs at Bingo Club
    Jimmy Bullard - best player due to be relegated, maybe only as a squad player
    Sol Campbell - will be interested in one more big pay day, and could do wonders for your back 4
    Pedro Mendes - was very impressed by his work rate vs Spurs last week, still a tidy passer.

You could also do worse than Mathieu Bodmer at Lyon.

Chimbonda and Dawson will be going cheap as well...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

A much more realistic signing list. Although I don't see why Newcastle need another striker. Viduka, Owen, Martins and Smith isn't exactly bad. Ashton is probably better than those four imo, but still wouldn't be worthwhile unless you are shifting someone on.

Also can't see Brown going to Newcastle. Realistically, if he leaves United, he'll get offers from pretty much every single club outside the top 4, and I'd imagine he'd pick Spurs or Everton ahead of Newcastle, Everton especially since he wouldn't have to move.

Bullard is a good buy, as would Barnes from Derby be. But the key thing in defence. Chimbonda would be a great buy. Dawson would not. Campbell isn't the player he was last season imo.

PHB wrote: »
    Viduka, Owen, Martins and Smith isn't exactly bad. Ashton is probably better than those four imo, but still wouldn't be worthwhile unless you are shifting someone on.

Smith has never got over Fergie's attempt to turn him into a poor man's Roy Keane IMO and Viduka can't be trusted to stay off the meat and gravy pies. Owen's fitness is no given, Ashton would be a great buy and a guaranteed starter for the Barcodes. I'd happily swap Bent for him...:D
    Also can't see Brown going to Newcastle. Realistically, if he leaves United, he'll get offers from pretty much every single club outside the top 4, and I'd imagine he'd pick Spurs or Everton ahead of Newcastle,
    Everton especially since he wouldn't have to move.

Realistically Brown is looking at one last big payday, yeah? I can't see Everton matching Newcastle's wage offer, and I don't see Spurs signing him as a RB (Hutton and Gunter), and I believe we're looking to Spain for Woodgate's central partner.

Villa might be interested with Mellberg leaving for Italy?
    Campbell isn't the player he was last season imo.

Doesn't have to be, he just has to bring some experience to Barcode's back 4. In the position Newacstle will be at the start of next season, one or two wise heads (Butt possibly being the other) can be the difference between pushing for top 6 and settling for mid table.

Oh, meant to add Mark Noble to the list, there's another player who I'd rate.

FWIW, here here a few players I could see being interested in a move to Newcastle who would improve your squad:

Wes Brown - still not signed new contract at ManYoo
    Stewart Downing - outgrown a sh1t Boro team
    Dean Ashton - Things will go sour for Curbs at Bingo Club
    Jimmy Bullard - best player due to be relegated, maybe only as a squad player
    Sol Campbell - will be interested in one more big pay day, and could do wonders for your back 4
    Pedro Mendes - was very impressed by his work rate vs Spurs last week, still a tidy passer.

You could also do worse than Mathieu Bodmer at Lyon.

Chimbonda and Dawson will be going cheap as well...;)

I'd snatch your arm off to get Brown, quality player.

Ashton could be a great buy, but I think he still has to prove himself to a degree. He needs to get a run of games and goals under his belt. I'd happily ship out Smith and Viduka (who has in fairness put in a shift the last few games) and bring Aston in though.

Downing can feck off, have always thought he is massively overhpyed.

Campbell, as good as he has been in the last 18 months, is too old to bring in imo, we need to build long-term, and he'd only be painting over the cracks.

Wouldn't rate Bullard and Mendes enough to bring them in.

As for Chimbonda and Dawson, you're alright, we'll let you keep them ;)

Delighted for Newcastle lads. I am going over to the Reading game on Saturday so the atmosphere should be great! Lets hope you hop off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i'd imagine Riise or Crouch may also be interested in moves to the toon in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Wouldn't rate Bullard and Mendes enough to bring them in.

I would have both of them if we could. Barton may yet become a guest of HMS prison service and Butt isn't getting any younger.

I rate Jimmy Bullard very highly and he is apparently a great lad to have about the training ground.

I would like to see Ashton or Crouch come and allow Smith to move on.

Defence is our real problem though.

I think Beye, Faye, Taylor and Enrique are decent enough, but the rest have to go. Cacapa is too inconsistent, Carr is a washed-up player just in it for the pay day, Rozenhal is too naive IMO.

I would like to see a full back four come in, a new RB, two CB's and another left back.

So here is who I would like.

RB - Glen Johnson or Wes Brown
    CB - Wes Brown or Ben Haim
    CB - Van Buyten or some other top CB (we need to spend big on at least one CB)
    LB - Wayne Bridge (I know he signed a new deal, but he barely plays) or Nikki Shorey.

Other decent players that might be going down are Scharner and Matty Taylor. both would be great squad players.

I think there are plenty of realistic and proven premiership players out there we could get in the summer.

We need a good clean out and to get in less injury prone players and stop bringing in overpaid and over-the-hill players.

evilhomer wrote: »
    I would have both of them if we could. Barton may yet become a guest of HMS prison service and Butt isn't getting any younger.

I rate Jimmy Bullard very highly and he is apparently a great lad to have about the training ground.

We need a good clean out and to get in less injury prone players and stop bringing in overpaid and over-the-hill players.

Too true mate, I would echo those sents.

About Bullard though, I just think he is too similar a player to Barton (Gerrard Lampard problem). I know people can speculate that Barton may get locked up, but until so, I assume him as being available next season, and I genuinely believe Keegan can get him back to his old form (which he has been of late). If that's the case, I would like to play an out and out ball winner with him in the centre. A player like Butt has been the last 3 or so games. Reckon Steve Sidwell could be a good shout. He always said he wasn't going to Chelsea to 'make up the numbers' so he won't be hanging around too long then.

Re the defense, I don't think Faye is the future partner for Taylor, squad player at best, so I would like to get in an experienced (but not over the hill) CB to mentor Taylor and command the back four. Beye is super, and only needs cover really. Enrique was shaky at first, struggling to find his feet, but recently he is showing his potential, and appears to be a player that would fit in with the Keegan system very well, I have high hopes for him.

• Advertisement

The last 3 games and the spirit of Kevin Keegan deserve it.

I made a video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2atHt73zu0A

Edit: wow that lasted about 10 minutes before they took it down. Oh well.

My video is available again! It's not very kind to Spurs it must be said.

Nice Video Kinaldo.

So what are people's expectations for tomorrow?

The Newcastle of the past would often follow up an impressive performance with a lacklustre one, and while a loss is not inconceivable, I think the lads have finally found a system that works so the performance should be good nonetheless. Consistency of formation and line-up is something we have lacked since Sir Bob was here, and I believe we are now starting to put that right.

I see no reason that the 4-3-3 won't be deployed tomorrow, especially considering Reading's weak spot is their centre park game and defence, and Keegan will capitalise on that. However, even though the defence is playing better and as more of a unit as of late, players like Enrique and Taylor are still young, and prone to mistakes, so I wouldn't rule out Reading scoring.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw, with Owen and Barton scoring, (maybe even nudge them 3-2) but with an impressive performance nonetheless.

Howay!!

On a sidenote I want to say Kudos to Steve Harper. There's a man who has stuck by us through thick and thin (15 years!), rarely putting a foot wrong when he got his chance, yet always having to make way as soon as Given returned. He has been very steady for us in the last month. In an ideal world, Given would be back fit by now but Keegan would stick with Steve till the end of the season to show him how well he's done. Proper Toon legend in my books!

2-0 get in there!!

2-0 get in there!!

You said it brother.

Yet again the team is gelling perfectly. The passing is excellant, lot s of 1 touch, 2 touch passing, not giving away the ball stupidly. The defense is looking fgood and Enrique and Beye are getting up and down form box to box superbly.

The guttersnipes can have there digs at Keegan, proclaiming him to be tactically inept, but this is the most consistent, fluid and balanced Toon side I have seen for about 5 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

3 - 0

We have most definatly turned a corner here

• Advertisement

Lads, I urge you to go back to page 50 of this thread and read a few of the pages on from that.

The amount of non Toon fans that decided to drop in for pop and post all sorts of bitterness are nowhere to be seen now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D Its true but to be fair at the time there was plenty of ammo to fire. Still with "his" players now back and the formation/tactics sorted they look a different side. Big Sam would still have been playing hoofball.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Results like this make me want to do a few Martins style backflips!

I was never sure about Big Sam, tbh. Newcastle has a football culture of attacking football, any time a manager has tried to deviate from that we have performed badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Happy days :), It's days like this that I don't dread watching MOTD.

Whooo-hoo!! :D

• Advertisement

In 4 games we've racked up 10 pts from 12, scored 10 goals, and conceded only 2, but sure doesn't Keegan just pick names out of a hat and throw tactics out the window ;).

Edit: Just saw this. Thats one of the best sights, as a Toon fan, that I have seen in quite some time.

The guttersnipes can have there digs at Keegan, proclaiming him to be tactically inept, but this is the most consistent, fluid and balanced Toon side I have seen for about 5 years.

Considering the alternatives are Souness, Roeder and Allardyce that wouldn't be hard, would it? ;)

The "guttersnipes" had to do something to keep your club discussions going seeing as by their own admission some of your own fans weren't interested in talking when you were shipping goals like they were going out of fashion...
    In 4 games we've racked up 10 pts from 12, scored 10 goals, and conceded only 2, but sure doesn't Keegan just pick names out of a hat and throw tactics out the window

If you ever wondered why people tend to laugh at Newcastle fans it's comments like that.

Your first four games under Keegan in the league you got two points, shipped 10 and scored 1.

Your next four you got zero points, shipped 13 and scored 2.

But yeah, Keegan's great because of your last four games, we were wrong all along...:D

Lets see how he does in the last 5 games:

English Premier Portsmouth vs Newcastle 12-04-2008
    English Premier Newcastle vs Sunderland 20-04-2008
    English Premier West Ham vs Newcastle 26-04-2008
    English Premier Newcastle vs Chelsea 03-05-2008
    English Premier Everton vs Newcastle 11-05-2008

Incidently, Roeder's results when he took over from Souness:

Played 6, won 5, drew 1. 10 for, 2 against.

Then 4 defeats, 3 to top 4 sides.

Played 7, won 6, drew 1. 17 for, 4 against.

Tactical genius! ;)

Considering the alternatives are Souness, Roeder and Allardyce that wouldn't be hard, would it? ;)

The "guttersnipes" had to do something to keep your club discussions going seeing as by their own admission some of your own fans weren't interested in talking when you were shipping goals like they were going out of fashion...

If you ever wondered why people tend to laugh at Newcastle fans it's comments like that.

Your first four games under Keegan in the league you got two points, shipped 10 and scored 1.

Your next four you got zero points, shipped 13 and scored 2.

But yeah, Keegan's great because of your last four games, we were wrong all along...:D

Lets see how he does in the last 5 games:

English Premier Portsmouth vs Newcastle 12-04-2008
    English Premier Newcastle vs Sunderland 20-04-2008
    English Premier West Ham vs Newcastle 26-04-2008
    English Premier Newcastle vs Chelsea 03-05-2008
    English Premier Everton vs Newcastle 11-05-2008

Incidently, Roeder's results when he took over from Souness:

Played 6, won 5, drew 1. 10 for, 2 against.

Then 4 defeats, 3 to top 4 sides.

Played 7, won 6, drew 1. 17 for, 4 against.

Tactical genius! ;)

Jesus, what did we do to offend you? It's not like we handed you your boll0x at home or anything.......oh wait? :D

You my friend are a classic guttersnipe.

Your own clubs is churning out lacklustre performances so you decide to have a pop at Newcastle.

You talk about about Keegan's early games. These were the games where he was playing against United, Arsenal (twice), an on form Villa away, Liverpool. Yeah we should have gotten more from Boro and Bolton, but Keegan had inherited a squad devoid of any confidence or desire, with only 1 striker available to him. Miracles weren't to be expected instantly.

Go back 10 or so pages on this thread, and you'll see that I said fromm the beginning that Keegan's real test would come starting with the Birmingham game, that's the point he was to be judged from. And on that basis, he has passed immensely. Not only as he got the results, but he has got the team playing as a unit and playing great football. This is clear for anyone to see, especially a spurs man like your good self.

I'm not claiming Keegan to be a world beater, i'm merely sticking up for him. People wanted to knock him, as it seemed to be the in thing to do, yet now that he's gotten things going there's not a peep from them, no admission on there behalf that they were hasty to judge him before he was given a chance.

How am I getting carried away? I am merely stating fact on his last four performances. Am I proclaiming that Newcastle are going to be title challengers next season on the back of these results, or top 4 contenders (which Spurs seem to fancy themselves as every year) no. I am merely proud and happy that things are going in the right direction. Ask any Newcastle fan. Its not so much about the results as it is the way we are playing football. Keegan's got the players passing again, something which has been missing since Souness took over.

So what if we dont pick up 12 or 13 points in the next 5 games. It would be nice yeah, but the main thing is how we play and perform in them, and that is all I expect us to do, play well. With Keegan at the helm I fully expect us to that in those games.

A bitter Spurs supporter. Who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

In fairness it does take time for any manager to get a proper feel for the team. It took Jack Charlton time when he inherited the Ireland squad. Fergie needed about 4 years to get a title with united. And most neutral bystanders looking at Newcastle would view them as a top half of the table team given the club size and resources, which is the general direction they're heading in under Kevin Keegan.

A bitter Spurs supporter. Who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Fella, I was posting on this thread long before you stuck your head above the parapet, whipped your top off and signed on as a Toon fan.

How my team is performing has nothing to do with my comments here. Sometimes, just sometimes, people post what they believe to be honest assessments of what's happening at certain clubs. That's what I've done.
    I'm not claiming Keegan to be a world beater, i'm merely sticking up for him. People wanted to knock him, as it seemed to be the in thing to do, yet now that he's gotten things going there's not a peep from them, no admission on there behalf that they were hasty to judge him before he was given a chance.

I don't think people have been hasty to judge Keegan at all, your last four results don't mean that he's suddenly become a different manager. I still feel he's not good enough to bring your squad on, and in two or three years time when he walks away you'll be back at square one, albeit with a couple of four goal wins under you belt. If you're happy to settle for that, fair play. For a supposed "big club" it's a very small minded attitude.

I'll also add that 10 points against 3 sides in the bottom 4 plus a fourth side who can't be arsed since the Carling Cup win (yes, that would be my team) proves fcuk all about Keegan's ability, like I said his next five games will be a much better test of his ability to do something with your side.

p.s. your position and GD after Allardyce left would be enough to keep you clear of the relegation zone!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Fella,

I thought Danny Dyer was a Hammers fan?
    I was posting on this thread long before you stuck your head above the parapet, whipped your top off and signed on as a Toon fan.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you had to be some sort of Soccer Forum veteran to express an opinion about your team.
    How my team is performing has nothing to do with my comments here. Sometimes, just sometimes, people post what they believe to be honest assessments of what's happening at certain clubs. That's what I've done.

Fair enough. I just feel a disproportionate amount of people seem to want to have a dig at a bloke who was a brilliant footballer and as a manager always tried to play football the right way.
    I don't think people have been hasty to judge Keegan at all, your last four results don't mean that he's suddenly become a different manager. I still feel he's not good enough to bring your squad on, and in two or three years time when he walks away you'll be back at square one, albeit with a couple of four goal wins under you belt. If you're happy to settle for that, fair play. For a supposed "big club" it's a very small minded attitude.

Well that's why I would disagree with you, but it's your opinion and i'm not going to be able to change that so we'll leave it at that.
    I'll also add that 10 points against 3 sides in the bottom 4 plus a fourth side who can't be arsed since the Carling Cup win (yes, that would be my team) proves fcuk all about Keegan's ability, like I said his next five games will be a much better test of his ability to do something with your side.

I have said it a few times now, it's not so much the results as how Keegan has got the team playing. To me this is proof of Keegan's ability. He has turned around a squad of players who looked disjointed and like they didn't want to be on the pitch together. He introduced the best formation I have seen us play in years, dropped the rights players (Duff, Smith) and most importantly has the team playing great football as a unit.

p.s. your position and GD after Allardyce left would be enough to keep you clear of the relegation zone![/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

he's got a point though, i didn't even know there was a Newcastle thread here until their recent run of form....

Coming out of the woodwork now!

what next, a Chelsea discussion thread?!

quarryman wrote: »
    he's got a point though, i didn't even know there was a Newcastle thread here until their recent run of form....

Coming out of the woodwork now!

what next, a Chelsea discussion thread?!

Are you joking me?

The thread was at its busiest when Keegan got appointed with people popping in to have go. Like I said, if anything, its quitened down now that were getting the results.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you had to be some sort of Soccer Forum veteran to express an opinion about your team.

You don't really, but it helps when you're digging another poster out and questioning their motivation.

No harm done though.

You don't really, but it helps when you're digging another poster out and questioning their motivation.

No harm done though.

Cheers bruv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement