Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Design/Web work

Options
  • 20-08-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm just wondering the best way to advertise my services as a graphic designer and web designer. I'm just looking for some freelance work at the moment as I am still in college.

What do you use to get yourself known.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

Place ads on boards.ie, place ads on creativeirl.com and maybe freelanceireland.com. You can also get good work through friends of friends, and if you know any design companies, ask them if they need some freelance work done from time to time. Ive gotten quite a bit of work from this.

Make sure you have a website with some work on it to show people, or have a pdf you can email with a few examples of work in it. Some people like to meet in person, so throw a few bits of work youve done from college/small projects into a neat folder (if you dont have a portfolio yet it wont matter, just something that holds the work neatly and make sure its all mounted nicely, etc.)

Hope that helps,
    sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

sdssarah wrote:
    Place ads on boards.ie, place ads on creativeirl.com and maybe freelanceireland.com. You can also get good work through friends of friends, and if you know any design companies, ask them if they need some freelance work done from time to time. Ive gotten quite a bit of work from this.

Make sure you have a website with some work on it to show people, or have a pdf you can email with a few examples of work in it. Some people like to meet in person, so throw a few bits of work youve done from college/small projects into a neat folder (if you dont have a portfolio yet it wont matter, just something that holds the work neatly and make sure its all mounted nicely, etc.)

Hope that helps,
    sarah

Hi, Thanks for the helpful suggestions Sarah. I'm currently working on my portfolio website at the moment.

P.S nice site you have there :)

Regards.

Advertisement