Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding UCD Arts points 2005

Options
  • 20-08-2006 4:06pm

Hello all!

I was wondering if one of you guys could enlighten me. I know the points for UCD last year were 360. I was wondering if that was the lowest any one candidate was accpeted into that course that year? Or was that the 1st round points only? If so, what was the lowest points someone was accepted on?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah that was the lowest points last year in the first round.Statistics have shown there has been a decrease of students applying for Arts this year which is good for everybody but applications to UCD have risen by 10% for courses in UCD this year so going by the UCD statistics it seems likely that the points for Arts will rise.

So the law of supply and demand means that points for most courses will rise and Arts in UCD is by far the most popular course available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Dunno bout that Chakar.

The number of ppl doing the LC dropped, so surely there'll be a exponential drop in those applying for uni across the board. I wouldn't be surprised if the points required remains 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Well the points in 2005 were
    CAO wrote:
    DN012 Arts 360
    and it dropped from 370 in 2004.

The bad news is that points may rise for this year because the demand is higher... but nobody will know for sure 'til the offers are out.

According to unison.ie
    "...UCD were happy to report that its college applications rose by 3.95% in a year when the total number of CAO applicants to honours degrees fell by 0.55%. UCD first preferences even rose by 10.42%.

The college attributed this upswing mainly to UCD Horizons - a programme revising the undergraduate curriculum and restructuring the study into modules.

Students can now take 12 modules a year on any degree programme and are free to take two of these modules from anywhere in the university (subject to timetable, class size and learning prerequisites)...."

I can't find it online but some newspaper [possibly the times] had the all the points printed out with the following round 2,3..etc. offers printed.

Anyway, best of luck hope you get what you want and don't fret if you don't.. theres more thant one way to skin a cat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

As said before, the lowest accepted who applied normally was 360. Technically there were people who got less, but they got in through the New Era scheme, which only requires you to pass your leaving cert (well points wise, there are other socio/economic restrictions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Serenity

Check the Leaving Cert forum and / or the Irish Times website. An article relating to the points this year has been put online. Many courses have dropped in points, including UCD Arts, which is 350 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Mode 1 History points requirement has dropped for the first time in years!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Well my prediction was wrong and suppose thats good for most people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

/me nods sagely.

Tbh Kev aka HappyCrackHead predicted this, not I...

V good for students. Sh*te for the standard of students coming in, but what can ya do...:D

Advertisement