Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rivatuner Help!

• 20-08-2006 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using Tweaksrus 91.47 as driver for my XFX 7900gt extreme edition. I've oc'ed from 520/750 to 588/832 using rivatuner. It wont allow me to clock any higher as it says i've reached the driver limits, but the temps are still under 50' max load (38' idle) with zalman cu cooler. I'd like to push the core further, is it possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You need different drivers, or the registery hack to allow this. As the Drivers manufactures have become all sneeky these days. They dont like people who buy 7900gt and clock them to faster speeds then the 7900gtx. Someone on here has the nvidia driver hack iirc. But cant remember who

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, heard of that b4, but thought tweaked drivers would allow it. :D Anybody got driver hack?
    I'm afraid to push memory 2 far because of the all da probs people had wit 7900gt, but hopefully i can get more on the core. My last gpu (6800) was runnin @ 70-75' max load with no probs or artifacts on stock cooling. Zalman FTW. Amazing cooler. :p

I thought they fixed the memory heat problems with the newer 7900gt's.

You could always try a 8x.xx series driver just to see if it will work on that.

They did fix memory probs, but i've got the older version. Works fine. Not all of the cards gave trouble. Might try older driver later. Tried 2 of the 91.xx series, no joy.

The best overclocking i ever did was on the 81.xx drivers, no idea how or why though.

• Advertisement

Posted in the Rivatuner forum on guru3d & unwinder said that the answer is in the FAQ with rivatuner. Found it here:
    Q: RivaTuner doesn't allow me to set core clock higher than 420MHz on my GeForce6800 and displays "The driver failed to pass internal test with the clock frequencies you are about to set. Please decrease clock frequencies and try again." error message. Can you fix this bug?
    A: There is nothing to fix. Similar to the driver's control panel overclocking interface, RivaTuner performs clock stability testing and invokes the driver's internal stress test to verify is it safe to set desired clock frequency or not. As soon as the test is not passed with new clocks, you are not allowed to apply the changes. However, if you are power user, you may disable clock testing with "DisableClockTest" registry entry. However, I strictly recommend you to avoid using these options if you are beginner and terms like throttling and RobustChannels tell you nothing.

Works when you disable clock test in power user. Can just apply oc'ing without testing.

Didn't make a difference. Only upped core by 10mhz and started gettin artifacts, had to back off & put it back @ where i was. At least i know how to get past driver limits. :D

Advertisement