Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEG, €100ish, cheap shipping

• 20-08-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Ok, i want an AEG rifle (Ak-47 or M4 would be nice), as close to the 1 joule limit as possible (so in the 280fps - 330fps range), and for around the 100 euro mark. I found a metal AK-47 which was 280fps for $85 and an AR-15 for $99 on speedytoys but shipping is about $70 to Ireland (they ship from the US).
    So please, can anyone recommend a site that is not going to rip off Irish customers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Shigsy wrote:
    Ok, i want an AEG rifle (Ak-47 or M4 would be nice), as close to the 1 joule limit as possible (so in the 280fps - 330fps range), and for around the 100 euro mark. I found a metal AK-47 which was 280fps for $85 and an AR-15 for $99 but shipping is about $70 to Ireland (they ship from the US).
    So please, can anyone recommend a site that is not going to rip off Irish customers?

Speedytoys.com are good. Have OK shipping (I think $23 even though it says $32.). Now check out my thread and help me out ;)

Its called "Question about Tokyo Marui Glock"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

The 2 guns i mentioned above were on speedytoys. Where did u get that shipping rate of $23 from, considering speedytoys says that international shipping is a "minimum of $35"...

I clicked "buy" and continued to checkout and shipping is $23. That's all I know. Hope I helped. Try it yourself, maybe I'm wrong.

you must have been buying a single pistol or something! I just tried again with one Ak-47 and shipping was $53. And it doesnt get cheap with 3 guns either... i tried two AR-15's and an AK-47 and to ship the 3 together still costs about $150 for shipping alone!!!
    There must be cheaper sites for shipping... someone!!!

Shigsy wrote:
    you must have been buying a single pistol or something! I just tried again with one Ak-47 and shipping was $53. And it doesnt get cheap with 3 guns either... i tried two AR-15's and an AK-47 and to ship the 3 together still costs about $150 for shipping alone!!!
    There must be cheaper sites for shipping... someone!!!

I just bought a UTG MP5 AEG (shipping was $23.) but I'm after realising we have a 220 voltage and the Americans have something else, so the gun probably won't charge in our plugs :confused: . Anyone know if this is right, or what I should do? I'll start a thread about it now.

EDIT: Got a receipt from them and it turns out they charged me $143. Is there anything I can do? In the checkout it clearly stated the total as $83. I can't believe they did this. On top of that I don't think I'll even be able to charge the gun as Ireland and America has different voltages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

are you sure the $83 wasnt for shipping only? I was looking at getting an mp5 there the other day and the shipping alone was $83-odd.

You can get a voltage adaptor to use an american charger over here afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

moneyman wrote:
    I just bought a UTG MP5 AEG (shipping was $23.) but I'm after realising we have a 220 voltage and the Americans have something else, so the gun probably won't charge in our plugs

Im sure an €5 adapter will do. Use one for my airsoft batt. charger. You might ask them to make sure though.
    Email them and see about the shipping charge.
    I assume you paid with a CC so if they wont refund you, you can ring Visa/Mastercard/whatever and get your funds back that way.

Once the credit card has been accepted, and the payment has been charged to the card, you have no way of getting that money back, or of blocking/cancelling the payment.

Shigsy wrote:
    Once the credit card has been accepted, and the payment has been charged to the card, you have no way of getting that money back, or of blocking/cancelling the payment.

what if they give me a refund? I asked them for one last night, they haven't e-mailed back. Do you think they will? I said it was ordered without my permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

They'll probably tell you to keep your credit card details private to cover themselves. They have probably shipped it already hence they wont give you a refund.

• Advertisement

yeah, i wouldnt hold out much hope in getting a refund. You still have a small chance of getting a 'store credit' kinda thing, but as Harekin said, if its already shipped then your screwed.

store credit is kinda useless to me as I'll still have to pay a bomb for shipping. The reason I oredered this 2nd hand gun was becuase I though it would be cheaper because I'm only starting out, but if I knew it was this much, I could have got a better (and new) gun for even less. $83 for shipping is stupid, some of that is going to there pockets.
    If they don't give me a refund, does anyone know what adaptor to get (is there a specific one?) and around how much they'll cost?

im pretty sure you'll pick up a voltage adapter in peats or maplin or something, maybe €5ish?

Shigsy wrote:
    yeah, i wouldnt hold out much hope in getting a refund. You still have a small chance of getting a 'store credit' kinda thing, but as Harekin said, if its already shipped then your screwed.

Good news, they cancelled my order and gave me a full refund. Now I'm looking for a full auto gun (AEG) with a good deal on shipping. Won't spend more than 100e. Recommendations of guns and sites will be helpful. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Chances of getting something including shipping, etc of decent quality is unlikely to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i dont really see anything decent for that price range, the rule kinda seems that the shops that do good deals on shipping tend to be more expensive ,

apparently the german ebay (.de) tend to ship Airsoft guns to anywhere in europe, and shipping is usually a fair price. Problem is, i cant find any Airsoft guns on ebay.de that i want :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

http://stores.ebay.com/eHobby-Asia-Airsoft-Supplier_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

don't worry they ship here even when it says only america they will ship to ireland

Advertisement