Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

CAO Countdown

• 20-08-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Just to make everyone that bit more nervous there are now twelve and a half hours till the offers are released:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Cant wait.
    I was hopin to go and look around my possible future college tomorrow after i find out where it is (probably sligo) but bus erieann take 2 hours to get there. its only an hour away. I might go anyway and look for accomodation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Meh, I know I have my course anyway. So I ain't too bothered bout the offers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

This time last year I was in yer situation...a wee bit nervewracking isn't it especially if you're borderline like I was [450 needed 455:mad:]

I went online and checked the newspapers [unison.ie] earlyish and it had the points for the main courses such as teaching, medicine, engineering etc. printed so I kinda knew before the offers were released whether there was a chance of gettin what I [then] wanted.
    Anyway just thought this might be helpful to some of you.

Best of luck guys... and remember theres more than one way to skin a cat:p

[oh and if any of ye are heading UCD way check out the forum :p]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

I'm very disillusioned with the whole thing now cos I know I won't be going to the college I want to.. and not because I didn't get the points, because I couldn't make up my mind before the CAO deadline!!

R0C0 wrote:
    I'm very disillusioned with the whole thing now cos I know I won't be going to the college I want to.. and not because I didn't get the points, because I couldn't make up my mind before the CAO deadline!!

Ant luck with the maths exam??? I have past papers here that I can post if you want???? It looks difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

R0C0 wrote:

IIRC you can still apply for vacant places, you just have to register online with the CAO and it costs about €80. I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

whassupp2 wrote:
    Ant luck with the maths exam??? I have past papers here that I can post if you want???? It looks difficult

I emailed the department, they jus said to ring first thing monday to see if they can accomodate me. Thanks for the offer, but I downloaded the pdf's, I've just been going over them all day today, it is pretty heavy stuff all right. I wonder is it everyone who passes this test gets a place or just the people who do best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Slurms wrote:
    Meh, I know I have my course anyway. So I ain't too bothered bout the offers :p
    Same, Wont lose any sleep over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

yup me too ^

well, sorry technically i could be in for a terrible shock.. lord i'd be devastated if i was..!

oh, are all the courses points online anywhere? or is it just in the papers?

cos i just want to check if some of my friends will get the courses they want.

oh.. and it is tomorrow that all the points are out in the newspapers aint it...?
    *ponders*
    or is it tuesday, after the offers?

It's Monday, they'll also be on the cao website. Ten hours to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Im not really nervous! Im excited! the night before the LC results I was shaking and crying! today i am different! I want a course whose points have not been established yet I am strangley calm! fingers crossed :D! guys if the papers print the cao points etc... - they'll do that tonight wont they? so should we not be able to get them before 6 am??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I'm really nervous about tomorrow! I got the exact amount of points that my course needed last year but I'm so scared the points will go up.....hopefully I'll at least get my course in the second round offers.

I'm hoping the points will be posted on the net later tonight around 12 on one of the newspapers websites.

www.ireland.com

or

www.unison.ie

d4gurl wrote:
    Im not really nervous! Im excited! the night before the LC results I was shaking and crying! today i am different! I want a course whose points have not been established yet I am strangley calm! fingers crossed :D! guys if the papers print the cao points etc... - they'll do that tonight wont they? so should we not be able to get them before 6 am??!!

If you can get your hands on a copy of the Irish Independent after 12 tonight it should be in it, was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Hardly be posted online will it?
    I'm outside Dublin so probably no chance of a paper at 12, if it's online though...
    *Shrug* I can wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

whassupp2 wrote:
    I'm hoping the points will be posted on the net later tonight around 12 on one of the newspapers websites.

www.ireland.com

or

www.unison.ie
    Me too! If they're not, I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm getting up for 6am to check CAO website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Me too! If they're not, I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm getting up for 6am to check CAO website!
    For the love of God why? It's not like they're gonna change them while you sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Stop, stop, STOP!!! :eek:

I am so nervous. I'm nearly having panic attacks, this is nerve-wrecking. And I probably won't get a wink of sleep until I get my offers. Oh, I need some valium or a strong dose of whiskey. You know I'm suprised nobody has ended up in hospital from all this stress from the LC and CAO! Oh I am such a drama queen......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

crap:eek: am i the only one that kinda forgot they were out in the morning..there goes my good nights sleep:( wonder what the points 4 midwifery will be??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

UU wrote:
    Stop, stop, STOP!!! :eek:

I am so nervous. I'm nearly having panic attacks, this is nerve-wrecking. And I probably won't get a wink of sleep until I get my offers. Oh, I need some valium or a strong dose of whiskey. You know I'm suprised nobody has ended up in hospital from all this stress from the LC and CAO! Oh I am such a drama queen......
    Yes, yes you are. Tóg go bog é.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TheTrooper

Well the annoying thing for me is that I have no clue what I will be offered because the course is new. No points to look back on to get an idea....

Well the second I know what college I am going to I am searching for a place to live....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

TheTrooper wrote:
    Well the annoying thing for me is that I have no clue what I will be offered because the course is new. No points to look back on to get an idea....

Well the second I know what college I am going to I am searching for a place to live....
    your the same as me! i have no idea what the points will be either..dead annoying isnt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Slurms wrote:
    For the love of God why? It's not like they're gonna change them while you sleep!
    haha i knew someone was gonna say that to me! I'll go back to sleep afterwards. I just NEED to know...!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I'm a bit confused about this (I'm dumb :(), do we only get the offers online or do they come in the post as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Both but the CAO only post them on monday!!

Both.
    There online at 6 am tomorrow.
    I think they won't arrive in the post til Tuesday

Edit: eamoss got there b4 me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

To the people who are waking up at 6 - Why

That doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like you'll actually be waiting in your sleep. Now it would be okay if you couldn't sleep and every second waiting was torture or something.

I'm not too worried I doubt the course I want will go up 130 points from last year :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TheTrooper

Well I'm getting up at 6 so that once I know what college I'm in then I can search for a place to live! You need to be quick ya know.

ThrownAway wrote:
    To the people who are waking up at 6 - Why

That doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like you'll actually be waiting in your sleep. Now it would be okay if you couldn't sleep and every second waiting was torture or something.

I'm not too worried I doubt the course I want will go up 130 points from last year :p:D

Some people will be anxious because they are doubtful about getting courses.
    I want to know because i hope to go searching for accomodation tomorrow.

• Advertisement

TheTrooper wrote:
    Well I'm getting up at 6 so that once I know what college I'm in then I can search for a place to live! You need to be quick ya know.

Exactly.
    Same here

Advertisement