Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

CAO Countdown

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Do you have broadband? It normally take a few seconds but it works fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

You live in Drogheda right? Maybe I'll get mine in the post too!!

*shakes fist at stupid website*

yup Draaawda alright, my mother was so confused when she handed it to me, she was like "? eeh.. i didnt think this was supposed to come till tomorrow? oh well.. there you go pet"

i have broadband, but the site still aint working
    oh wait maybe it is.. i just got onto a new page!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Can anyone tell me how many offers i am meant to see here?
    ATM i only see my no.1 from my level 6/7...which has to be wrong, i could have at least got my no.5 on my level 8!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Well I got onto the site, only had one offer from a level7.

Guess I'll go for the PLC, and get into my chosen level8 that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

25 points off after first round :( im ****ed if i dont get my cao offer since i only applied for one thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Is it a good or bad sign that even a lot of the private college courses have very few vacant places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

FINALLY

had the 2 offers, Film & Television in Level 6/7, but i went for Journalism, Level 8, wooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

My course fell by 10 points got Computer Science & Software Engineering in Maynooth & Computing - Software Development in DKIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

ahhh:mad: the cao website wont let me enter...i dying in suspence here! it says midwifery points in dkit are 360... i got 405 so i'm praying i get a place!

DK870 General Nursing (Standard Code) 350

You got it then didnt you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

DrMorphine wrote:
    25 points off after first round :( im ****ed if i dont get my cao offer since i only applied for one thing
    why the hell would you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

tweetypie wrote:
    ahhh:mad: the cao website wont let me enter...i dying in suspence here! it says midwifery points in dkit are 360... i got 405 so i'm praying i get a place!

I'd say you can relax with a 45 point margin!

Congratulations to everyone! I got my first choice, thank god. The points stayed the same as last year and I got the exact amount!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

eamoss wrote:
    DK870 General Nursing (Standard Code) 350

You got it then didnt you?

its the DK877 i applied for which is midwifery and its 360 points so i'm 45 over that thank god!:) And i just found out i got a place!!!!!:D :D:D so happy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

After 2 hours of clicking refresh i finally got into the cao website. wahoo Trininty here i come

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

10 points off construction mgt. & eng. in UL, i could have done with a distinction in LCVP. Was offered international insurance & european studies in UL and automobile technology in CIT, waiting for round 2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

grahamo100 wrote:
    [A]nd given that TCD is protestant it ostensibly has a propensity to allow more A-level applicants
    That's a ridiculoulsly inaccurate and libellous statement. In the first instance, TCD is not a Protestant institution and I ask you to show with any evidence than it is other than "Well, you know...".

In the second instance, if you knew anything at all about this, you'd know Trinity was criticised by British schools for warping their A-Level grading in favour of Irish students. If anything, you cannot get 600 points from A-Levels in TCD.

In the third instance, TCD has a higher international student rate per capita in general; not just British students. This is an endogenous variable - international students want to study there and TCD appreciates the value in having foreign students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

why the hell would you do that?

Im not like most people who apply for coarses on cao for the sake of it. There is only 1 thing on cao that I am interested in. Whats the point in going to collage if your not going to enjoy or be interested the work afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I got 85 points more than my course points requirement :D:p

My offers came in the post at the exact same moment I got through to the CAO site ...creepy

Well it's off to UCC I go :)

MB44 wrote:
    After 2 hours of clicking refresh i finally got into the cao website. wahoo Trininty here i come

same here with the clicking.

First choice Mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

DrMorphine wrote:
    Im not like most people who apply for coarses on cao for the sake of it. There is only 1 thing on cao that I am interested in. Whats the point in going to collage if your not going to enjoy or be interested the work afterwards?
    yes but there is almost always another way into a course by first completing a different college course, but of course you could repeat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Finally got into the CAO website there an hour ago, nicely done. Got my offer for Comp Science in UCC, Im thrilled :)

even though I had 50 points in excess..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

same here with the clicking.

First choice Mark?

No didnt get my first choice. Not too disappointed though. Wel done on getting your course

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Got my first choice of Commerce in Galway with a 100 points to spare, yahoo! We're off to college lads :eek:

Holsten wrote:
    Hmmmm.. looks like Arts in Maynooth..

Feck, these lower points.. I wanted CSSE.. bah!
    Im not too sure on this but you can transfer from Arts to CSSE seeing that they are both in the same college!!

Now ill say it again if anyone didnt hear me "IM NOT SURE!!!"

Advertisement