Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G BB Issues

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Coil the cable or put a ferrite clamp on it and it even blocks 100W transmitters.

But at the kind of power for GSM, 3G and wireless Internet in general the aerial on your desk can be radiating for 1000 years at you will die of old age first.

Peering into active microwave wave guides or standing in front of 10KW radar will give you cateracts, but even there no other evidence of damage unless the power is enough to start cooking you (Microwave oven).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

TmB wrote:
    Hi folks,

I borrowed a friends Vodafone PCMCIA card to test their new broadband product out in my house. According to Vodafone's website, I am smack bang in the middle of a red zone, about 1 mile from the mast.

My problem is that on connecting, I am fluctuating between 1 bar and 3 bars, and getting no more than 6k per second on a download (I just kicked off a firefox download on getfirefox.com to test it). The dashboard says that I am using 3G.

Needless to say, it has definitely swayed me against getting it.
    I'm going to borrow my friends card one more time tomorrow to see if I can get any improvements. I'll also run some pings, and do some tests on http://www.irishisptest.com to see what my results are.
    aaaa

Before I get the card again, is there anything I can try to improve speeds?

Thanks in advance....

Why don't you wait until mid october when the network is launched publicly and your actually able to access it and then determine whether to be swayed for or against?

Advertisement