Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My New Car

Options
  • 20-08-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

well after weeks of looking i found my car 1999 nissan almera 1.4 sport, it was i its sins when i got it, mankey dirty, few ding and dents (Fixed now 200Euros), had'nt been serviced since last year, and needs new shocks to the front they were going for 4.5k-5.5k picked it up for 2250!!!:eek: :eek:

Just been serivced and polished now it just needs the shocks and tax and i'll get my money back in a year and hopefully with a bit of profit!

See Pics below and tell me what ya think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Congrats!! Very nice condition. Rock solid reliable car the parents-in-law have one with 80k on it and not a rattle to be heard.

PS Are you know going to change your nickname to Nissanboy now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Volvoboy wrote:
    1999 nissan almera 1.4 sport
    Do you mind me asking, what does the Sport tag involve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

LOL! Sorry dont think so it will always be Volvoboy, mine has 51K.

-NB-

Or

-VB-

well i'm just going on carzone.ie alot of cars with the same spec as mine were advetised as the sport model, alloys elec sunroof, velor int,

-NB-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Best of luck with it

Anyone that likes Harry can't be bad !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Thanks buddy!!

Your the 1st person to comment on my sig awww!!

-NB-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Best of Luck with it - clean looking car - you did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Volvoboy wrote:
    well i'm just going on carzone.ie alot of cars with the same spec as mine were advetised as the sport model, alloys elec sunroof, velor int,

-NB-

The 3 and 5 door hatchbacks were available in Sport trim. The saloon you have didn't come in Sport trim but it still had the same standard spec as the hatchback though except for maybe the sport type seats. The reason for this afaik is that the Almera hatchback is built in the UK (Sunderland) and the saloon is built in Japan.

P.S. Best of luck with the car, it looks very clean and hats off to you or whoever polished it. Looks like a real bargin, happy motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Almeras are usually driven by middle-aged road hogs who drive too slowly & glare with contempt if overtaken.

However...the Mk 1 is a really undrrated car - great handling, Jap reliability, more lively than most modern 1.4s (light weight I suppose).

I ran a 6-yr old one for 11 months a few years ago. Much nicer than the current model actually.

Almeras are usually driven by middle-aged road hogs who drive too slowly & glare with contempt if overtaken.

I'm 19, didnt want the usual ****e of civic's punto's that the arse has been driven out of them, big bills and be stroked (Stolen) and been pulled by the guardi ever other night, now the almera has a bit of poke comfy good on petrol and ins 2200E and plenty of kit, it was the ideal car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement