Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M.B.Ts (masai barefoot technology)

• 20-08-2006 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Thinking of investing in a pair of m.b.ts in the hopes of toning my legs and improving my posture. Has anyone here used them? Are they worth spending my hard earned cash on? Wheres the best place in dublin to buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

My wife bought a pair and is loving them. Am thinking of grabbing a pair myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

My sister has loads of problems with her back and bought a pair and has been brand new ever since. I'd say they are well worth the money, like the poster above me I too and considering getting a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I read about them and they sound great! Where can you get a pair, and does anyone know how much they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Most good chemists and places like that do them They are €207 same price everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Yeah my mum has a lot of back problems but since she's started using them she's been fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

It is different for everyone. Some people find the MBT's brilliant especially if they have back problems due to poor core stability or they have oedema (swelling) of their feet and ankles due to poor muscle muscle pump action (i.e the muscles do not contract sufficiently to pump the lymph back out of the feet and ankles.

Others who have other underlying problems do not find the MBT's effective. They do take a bit of getting used too also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

My friend had back problems, so she got a pair. According
    to her they're the best things ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I have them and they are fanstastic!
    I have knee problems, which they have helped with, but even apart from that they are still worth the dosh. They have done WONDERS for my posture, and when I first wore them I was in bits the next day, which makes me think they are working all sorts of new muscles!!

Yes they are a bit ugly, but I love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

6th wrote:
    Most good chemists and places like that do them They are €207 same price everywhere.
    They're cheaper than that in Roches..get them before the place closes down thou! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My wife is a hairdresser (on her feet all day) and swears by them.
    imred wrote:
    Thinking of investing in a pair of m.b.ts in the hopes of toning my legs and improving my posture. Has anyone here used them? Are they worth spending my hard earned cash on? Wheres the best place in dublin to buy them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

They need to be a really snug fit to be of the most benefit.

Both my Mum & Sister got them and raved about them of course I had to follow suit... :rolleyes:
    When I got mine last year I initially took great use of them, BUT they were always rubbing the back of my heel & got too sore to wear, so now they're in the back of my wardrobe!

Funny thing is that both my mum & sister have smaller feet than me - they have no problem at all with theirs and think MBT's are great. So I guess mine is just down to me having funny feet! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Elverys sell the whole range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

The sandles are €189 and shoes €207. My mother and my fiance wear them and think they're great. Seem to last ages too. In Sligo there's an M.B.T. shop.

Advertisement