Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've come along way...and yet!

Options
  • 20-08-2006 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I was just trying in vain to find my first ever post on boards.ie and came across this gem
    Since there are about 60 people at any one time during the day looking at boards.ie and sitting on IRC (with the administrator).... we know any time the boards are down for more then a minute and as people have said here, I can count the number of such occurances on one hand.

Perhaps it's webfactory's DNS that is the problem. If you have the problem again, next time please go to dos and a type:

tracert www.boards.ie

and paste the results into a thread in the admin forum.

As for the ads, we have always had ads since you guys were here. The only new thing is that soon we'll get paid for them. Sorry but someone has to pay for the server.

DeV.

Nothing changes does it? :)

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TheSecondComing

mike65 wrote:
    I was just trying in vain to find my first ever post on boards.ie and came across this gem

Nothing changes does it? :)

Mike.

Was that before or after the server was hosted abroad? Back then on dialup it was sloooooooow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ah, so you're Merc. It all makes sense now.

sjones wrote:
    Ah, so you're Merc. It all makes sense now.

Sorry?

You will have to expand on that for me. I was signed up to boards many years ago and only posted a couple of times. My username was wetpants. I was living in NL at the time and I have no idea of my pass/login/email. Such were the days. Think it was 2000/2001? I have only revisted the site due to current media attention and a few documents that came across my desk.

Have I done something wrong? Please explain.

The site has come a long way since though. Subbed threads are quite good. The new layout and DHTML are nice as well. And my god has it grown. I think there were 2000 members back then! Who would have know Quake had such legs! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its okay (if you are not Merc) he was a boardsie from the early days who went missing more recently and suddenly he popped up with a new name a few days back (he thinks they are out to get him).

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Its okay (if you are not Merc) he was a boardsie from the early days who went missing more recently and suddenly he popped up with a new name a few days back (he thinks they are out to get him).

Mike.

No Idea what you are on about mike. but thank you for the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hey Merc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol :p

Advertisement