Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

civic coupe central locking/alarm install

Options
  • 20-08-2006 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just installed a Sigma M30 alarm into a 2000 Civic Coupe VTI. Only problem is I can't figure out how to wire the alarm to do the central locking. The alarm does positive or negative trigger locking.

Does anyone know which wire(s) I need to splice into to get the central locking to be operated by the alarm?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

Sorry I dont know how to wire the alarm, but can you tell me where you got the Sigma alarm from?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Should be the same as all the bug-eyed civics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Civics (like most hondas) use negative earth.

The central locking unit is in your drivers side door when you remove the panel,(its a small white box) or you can trace teh wires into the lower kickp panel.

How many wires for central locking are coming from the alarm. 2/5/or 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I got the alarm of ebay, brand new in box for £35.

I know the car is negative earth, and I have found the central locking unit in the drivers door. But I'd rather not start blowing fuses by wiring the alarm in without knowing which wires I should be using.

The alarm has a number of options for central locking too.
    The wiring diagram is here

I'm 100% sure I shouldn't need an AC29 unit (had to use one in my integra which didn't have factory remote central locking)

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

• Advertisement

Have you pinged each wire on the unit with a multimeter to see which wire's pulse on open/close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

£35 seems very cheap, is it any good? Ha it got proximity sensors?

Have found two of the wires grounding, ie one grounds when unlocked, the other when locked. Tried grounding them manually, but it has no effect. Don't wanna put 12v to anything, as I'm pretty sure I'll blow fuses that way.

Sigma alarms are fairly good. They are standard on Imprezas (the M30) and on several other makes. The M30 I bought is Thatcham approved.. I think it was Cat 1, but may now be Cat 2. Still fairly good. They're normally around the £200 mark retail I think.

They should be blue/white blue/red.

You'l have to snip them altogether and attach the alarm wires (probably green and blue) to the central locking unit side of the snipped wires.

Should be sorted then

eireal, that worked, thanks.

Only downside is that manually locking/unlocking the driver's door now doesn't operate the passenger door.

The only schematic I can find on the web is for the UK 5-door model, and while a lot of it is the same, it's not all the same (ironically the US schematic is totally different).

If the blu/grn was present in the coupe it would be perfect, but it's not there.

Driving the lock motors directly requires a Sigma AC29 unit, ie more $$$, which is not a runner. The docs say the Keyless Receiver Unit signal is very low voltage (up to 1v), which is also not a runner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement