Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank god...

• 20-08-2006 9:42pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, the story goes, I love Stargate and wanted to talk about it online, went lookin in the Teevee section and couldnt find a subforum for Stargate. Utterly shocked and dismayed at this I *almost* posted the following in Forum requests:
    I literally *cannot* believe there isnt one already. I checked the Television section and didnt come across one.

I suggest a SG1/Atlantis forum for all things Stargate related. The latest series has been really really cool and I look forward to it every week. I'm sure other people feel the same.

There are already a few forums out there, but mostly they are run by Sony/Some other huge brand name, and they seem a bit corporate and unfreindly, so why not create a cool boards.ie one?!

Then I thought to myself, surely... SURELY there is one, check again, and there it was, in Sci Fi... ffs!!

Anyway, delighted there is a forum here, and that its not a crappy american run one. \o/

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Welcome to the forum in that case! It's been going a while and I was keen to get in on it when it was announced. It's not the busiest, but we've a core group of contributors here so should at least get something out of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Welcome.

Took me a while to find it too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

3 years to find the stargate forum? lolers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/me points and laughs at jesjes :p (not really)
    it's in an awkward spot alright

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I just think its brill we have a Sci Fi section that isnt even under Television.

Nerds are we!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Is there any way that the forum could appear under both sci-fi and television? I'd imagine a fair few people would find it hard to find.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Kinda seems pointless now with SG1 cancelled... though I suppose there is Atlantis and there *could* be movies in future, I had heard there was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Jesjes wrote:
    I just think its brill we have a Sci Fi section that isnt even under Television.

Nerds are we!
    We're under Arts, if we were nerds we'd be under Sci. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Jesjes wrote:
    Kinda seems pointless now with SG1 cancelled

Well Star Trek has a forum and the last episodes it had were over 2 years ago.

Both of the above statements are very true... :)

And we do still have atlantis...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

I haven't watched season 1 or 2 of atlantis yet.
    Will Sky show these episodes again, before season 3 premiers on sky like what they are doing with stargate sg1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye sure lol lord of the rings how many years ago did the ladt movie come out and they still have a forum belive me this Stargate forum is here to stay

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The LOTR forum was based on the best books ever written, not the films. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Liquidus wrote:
    I haven't watched season 1 or 2 of atlantis yet.
    Will Sky show these episodes again, before season 3 premiers on sky like what they are doing with stargate sg1.
    Good point, I don't think I've ever seen a repeat episode of SGA on any of the three Sky channels. Very strange considering they always run every show they get into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

There is not enough time thers 40 episodes of SGA and it will be less than 40 weekdays before sky show the new season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

User45701 wrote:
    There is not enough time thers 40 episodes of SGA and it will be less than 40 weekdays before sky show the new season
    They could do a simpsons on it and show upwards of 4 episodes a day...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

jor el wrote:
    I don't think I've ever seen a repeat episode of SGA on any of the three Sky channels.

They did repeat the first 8 or 9 episodes of Season 1 of atlantis. They were shown on a Wednesday evening at 8.00 p.m. up until mid-may of this year. Then for no reason, that I know of anyway, they just stopped showing it.

Advertisement