Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

DVD Recorder and Plasma TV help

• 20-08-2006 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm about to purchase a new plasma TV and DVD recorder and, after a lot of browsing today, I have three candidates and a few questions. All help gratefully received!!!

1. Any opinions on these DVD recorders: Panasonic DMREX75 or Sony RDR-HX710?
    2. Any opinions on this plasma TV: Panasonic TH42PV600?
    3. Presumably a digital Freeview tuner is no use to me in Ireland at the moment, am I right?
    4. If I buy a unit from the UK with an analogue tuner, will I be able to tune it to the Irish terrestrial channels? I only ask because I had a problem with a TV I brought over from England a few years ago. I had to buy some sort of black box doohickey for it to work, although I think that was with ntl.

Many thanks for any assistance you can offer ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Prunk

After a bit more research, I think I may have answered my third and fourth questions myself.

A digital Freeview tuner is not an essential purchase, but as I live on the east coast I might be able to pick up broadcasts from Wales :rolleyes:

Anything I buy should be able to receive both VHF and UHF channels, that way I shouldn't have any problems with any of the terrestrial or cable channels. I'm guessing the magic box I bought before was a VHF to UHF converter.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

So, any opinions on those DVD recorders and TV? Or any suggestions?

Advertisement