Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Espanyol

• 20-08-2006 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone watch Barcelona destroy Espanyol in tonight's second leg of the Spanish Super Cup? If you didnt then they won 3-0 with 2 goals from Deco and 1 from Xavi.

Xavi started it off five minutes in with a great header from Ronaldinho's cross. Deco's first came from a sweet one touch move down the right and his second, a scissors kick from a cross, was a joy to behold. There were also showboats on show all over the pitch.

Looks like they're picking up from where they left of last season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

It'll be interesting to see how Real fare this season. Hopefully they can push Barca for the title. Have Barca signed anyone apart from Thuram, Gudjohnsen and Zambrotta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Aren't Espanyol trying to get Barca in trouble for fielding Xavi and Puyol after they were declared unfit to play for their country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

David19 wrote:
    Have Barca signed anyone apart from Thuram, Gudjohnsen and Zambrotta?

Do they need anyone else?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote:
    Do they need anyone else?

kdjac

Ha ha exactly. Plus Xavi missed half of last season through injury. Some player to have back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Saw around 20 mins of the first half, and never saw such a one sided display. Etoo looked very fresh, and if anything, gotten faster.

I look forward to the start of La Liga this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I was lucky enough to be at this. Just back from Spain now, will post up some pictures of the match and the lads parading the trophy if i get a chance. Class game anyway, i was at the end barca scored into for the first half so got really close views of 2 class team goals, didnt really get to see Deco's second though. Some of their movement and vision with their passing was incredible and were some savage touches and tricks in there too. Must admit i felt sorry for Pandiani though, he was gettin a terrible time of it, got roared at when his shot went out for a throw-in towards the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

They'll be taking everything this season, ive never seen any team pass the ball so well & the depth they have in the squad is scary & last nights match was just a bit of laugh for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

tdv wrote:
    They'll be taking everything this season, ive never seen any team pass the ball so well & the depth they have in the squad is scary & last nights match was just a bit of laugh for them

I think the new look Real Madrid will be very tough to beat. Capello has a knack for gelling teams and losing very few games. He did it in his first season at Madrid when Barca had Ronaldo, Stoichkov, Figo, Enrique etc. Real had just finished 6th and were in disarray but he won them the title and laid the foundations for their 3 Cl trophies in 5 seasons.

Advertisement